[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Big Tea wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 16:22
PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 16:06
Seems they got good market feedback by capitlzing on the whole BLM and equality thing.
I wonder if this is involved in Hamiltons contract negotiations?
Maybe he wants this year's chassis and next year's chassis to take own for himself and to stick a few more personal sponsors on the race suit.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 17:07
Big Tea wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 16:22
PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 16:06
Seems they got good market feedback by capitlzing on the whole BLM and equality thing.
I wonder if this is involved in Hamiltons contract negotiations?
Maybe he wants this year's chassis and next year's chassis to take own for himself and to stick a few more personal sponsors on the race suit.
I mean more like having his choice of slogan on his shirt when interviewed, or even on the car. Say across the Halo, visible on in-car footage

He must surely be past the point where an extra half million is relevant do having the drive or not.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Since he knows it is a changing situation, in that case he could purchase a space on his race suit or even the car to put whatever he likes in it. That would be pretty cool actually. I might actually be a little surprised to see his vegan burger business or his X44 team on the W12 next year.

There is also the matter of money. Businesses are driving for lower costs and Mercedes from last I hear, are not doing so well financially as they would like. The could try to use corona to lock Lewis into a lower priced contract for 2 years or more, but I think they look on Lewis that way. He attracts so many eyes to the Mercedes brand, and he's a good ambassador so they must value him and want him there. His salary is the largest amongst the drivers, but I see Lewis still wanting more. More money. More space for marketing deals. Schumacher was making over 90 million a year including sponsorships in his peak, I remember when he was making more than Tiger Woods for a few years. I think Lewis deserves that level of income too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

McG

LM10 wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 00:03
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:40
McG wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:29

Nice ninja edit.

https://ibb.co/H24J7PF

Had enough of your semantics.

Bottas is as much a 2nd driver as Barichello and Massa/Schumacher and Massa/Alonso.

Maybe you'll eventually realise after Hamilton destroys Bottas next season again.
Hamilton destroying Bottas has zero relevance to any sort of team designated 1 or 2 driver. It’s simply talent. Bottas has every chance.
I've told it once and will tell it again: Mercedes is just being very clever. They perfectly know that Bottas is nowhere near Hamilton so they don't need to actively treat a driver preferentially. It will sort itself on track anyway. There is no chance Bottas beats Hamilton over a period of a season under normal circumstances. Bottas is one of the weakest drivers in regards of race pace on the grid, but fast enough to bring enough points home in the hugely dominant Mercedes while being a perfect wing man.
It's funny Mercedes always mention how they let their drivers fight contrary to other teams. I want to see them do it knowing they're gonna need to desperately fight for the title from the get go.
Exactly. Someone with some sense.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

djones
djones

The only people that think Bottas can win a championship with Hamilton there are: Bottas, his mum and his dad.

To think that Mercedes need to use policies and rules to keep their main driver ahead is a non-starter.

However, I'd be very confident the car is more designed towards what Hamilton wants. It would make no sense to do anything but build it towards your key driver's likes in terms of characteristics etc.

In terms of the black car I think it's a real shame they are not going back to their true racing colour of silver. I'd love to see the Mercedes car sales statistics to see if they have had more non-white buyers this year. I suspect not.

f1jcw
f1jcw

I’m a Lewis supporter, but I don’t like greed.
He has more money then he can ever spend, why get greedy, he needs to look around at the world situation.

f1jcw
f1jcw

djones wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 15:45
I'd love to see the Mercedes car sales statistics to see if they have had more non-white buyers this year. I suspect not.
On buying a Mercedes, between which makes my buying decision between Lewis or my bank balance I’m sorry to say it is my bank balance.

I have looked at a A class but the amount of electronic complaints on Facebook group has put me off. Sorry to say, Lewis hasn’t influenced me one bit, but I’m a white buyer, though doubt none of the above would change.

dans79

LM10 wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 00:03
It's funny Mercedes always mention how they let their drivers fight contrary to other teams. I want to see them do it knowing they're gonna need to desperately fight for the title from the get go.
Go rewatch the 2017 season!
201 105 104 9 9 7

NathanOlder

f1jcw wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 15:58
djones wrote:
I'd love to see the Mercedes car sales statistics to see if they have had more non-white buyers this year. I suspect not.
On buying a Mercedes, between which makes my buying decision between Lewis or my bank balance I’m sorry to say it is my bank balance.

I have looked at a A class but the amount of electronic complaints on Facebook group has put me off. Sorry to say, Lewis hasn’t influenced me one bit, but I’m a white buyer, though doubt none of the above would change.
You looked at an A class, theres the influence right there. Job done.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

f1jcw wrote:

Glad you base your purchases on bank account rather than desire/marketing/celeb association. If more people did that, the world would be a better place with fewer people carrying large amounts of debt.

If you go on to a Facebook group (or a web forum , etc.), you're always get a bad idea of a car. Most people with good experiences don't go online to shout about it. The people online in such groups are the ones with problems / moans. The result is usually a distorted view of a product. I'm on a couple of car forums and I've seen this at first hand over the years. Sadly, researching products is tricky because of this effect.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 17:36
If you go on to a Facebook group (or a web forum , etc.), you're always get a bad idea of a car. Most people with good experiences don't go online to shout about it. The people online in such groups are the ones with problems / moans. The result is usually a distorted view of a product. I'm on a couple of car forums and I've seen this at first hand over the years. Sadly, researching products is tricky because of this effect.
Not to mention the people that complain online usually don't know anything about car care.

My all time favorite is a kid I knew in college who destroyed the engine in a car by the time it was 2 year old old. He never let it get warm before he would rev the crap out of it, and would always wait till the maximum recommended mileage before changing the oil.

He thought it was perfectly acceptable to walk outside in sub zero winter temperatures and immediately redline it while leaving the parking lot..........
201 105 104 9 9 7

f1jcw
f1jcw

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 17:29
f1jcw wrote:
djones wrote:

Not really, I was influenced by the interior design, dashboard and lights.

TAG

djones wrote:
7 consecutive F1 titles, causation does not equal correlation but for the sake of giving Hamilton the benefit of his success; Here are the numbers...

Mercedes-Benz branded car deliveries increased by 1.3% in 2019 to a new record 2,339,562 cars. 2019 was the ninth consecutive record sales year for Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes-Benz branded car sales were as following in major markets in 2019:
Sales 2019 % Change
Europe..................937,881 +0.4
– thereof Germany....318,353 +4.8
Asia/Pacific............977,922 +3.7
– thereof China........693,443 +6.2
NAFTA...................372,144 -1.6
– thereof USA..........316,094 +0.0
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Big Tea

f1jcw wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 18:35
NathanOlder wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 17:29
f1jcw wrote:

Not really, I was influenced by the interior design, dashboard and lights.
We went to look at the previous generation 'A' class, and was told (by people who should know) that they were made in 3 countries. (or possibly it was assembled or finished in 3) and to look on the bulkhead plate and if it said SA (South Africa) just close it and walk away.

I cannot vouch for this, but this source has always been reliable for me. In particular the gear box was frowned on along with inspection standards.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

dans79 wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 17:56
He thought it was perfectly acceptable to walk outside in sub zero winter temperatures and immediately redline it while leaving the parking lot..........
Rental cars perhaps... :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.