2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Lucky
Lucky

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Lando Norris: Excited to get back racing again. The enjoyment and comes from qualifying and racing. We are not up there fighting for race wins, but fighting for points would be good. Maybe we didn't explore as much paths as we should have. Maybe we found that path too late.

bauc

Ben1980 wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 10:47
What are we blaming them all for?

Because they can't compete with Red Bull, Ferrari or Merc? For years Ferrari have barely managed to compete with Red Bull and Merc.

Mclaren have had very well documented money problems. And not long ago were so bad that getting out on Q1 was impressive.

OK, last years car wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. And still more often than not it was the fastest Qualifying car away from the big 3.

And this year, we'll we don't know how it will pain out.

This blame game nonsense is just that. Nonsense.
Nobody is blaming anyone, we want accountability!

Ask yourself what will happen at your job post if you keep missing your goals/targets over and over again while keep saying that you will get it done and you end up never doing so?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Lucky
Lucky

Ben1980
Ben1980

bauc wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 15:01
Ben1980 wrote:

Because they can't compete with Red Bull, Ferrari or Merc? For years Ferrari have barely managed to compete with Red Bull and Merc.

Mclaren have had very well documented money problems. And not long ago were so bad that getting out on Q1 was impressive.

OK, last years car wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. And still more often than not it was the fastest Qualifying car away from the big 3.

Ask yourself what will happen at your job post if you keep missing your goals/targets over and over again while keep saying that you will get it done and you end up never doing so?
Accountability for what?

You dont know the targets, you dont know what goes on within the factory. You don't know any justifications.

Accountability...jeez

PhillipM
PhillipM

God help some of these people if they were Williams fans.

haza
haza

PhillipM wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 15:27
I feel your pain Phillip 23 races in this season no one knows what development paths McLaren has in store for the season but think there in for a disaster, even if McLaren do have a poor year I won’t be bashing them for having a poor season I’ll be thinking right new car new wind tunnel for next year move forward an put last season behind, regardless of how good or bad McLaren do this year my attention will be to next year with the new tech

aran.vtec
aran.vtec

Mclaren claim they not here for midfield battles they want podiums ,wins and championships when they don't start making solid progress fans get upset. They seem to have a good year or 2 then slip back again progress is not consistent . You don't see the fans bash Haas ,Alfa etc when they not in the front because in the midfield battle is where they and the fans expect them to be.

mclaren111

PhillipM wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Capharol
Capharol

Ben1980 wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 15:26
bauc wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:

Accountability for what?

You dont know the targets, you dont know what goes on within the factory. You don't know any justifications.

Accountability...jeez
Mc Laren allways claimed to be one of the title contender..... they never got that far, hell the y even got surpassed by Alpine

bauc

Ben1980 wrote:
bauc wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:

Accountability for what?

Accountability...jeez
Accountability for lack of progress, in this case backwards trajectory since the rules reset, targets not meet, not even those publicly set by the team statements, car build quality - not being able to complete the test 2nd pre-season in a row, ect....

You can't keep promising and not delivering indefinitely. We now have the cost cap, we now have level playing ground and with all of the new facilities in place or about to be I expect to see Mclaren back on top, not fighting for P5/P6 in the constructors championship.

I'm afraid that if we don't change this around quickly we will be the next Williams on the long term.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

bauc wrote:

I agree and I am sure that the team internally is raising these questions. Right now we still have the issue with the wind tunnel and facilities, hopefully that improves and there is an uptick in performance in next years.

Btw I am not sure why are people here so against any kind of criticism? Is this supposed to be just positive comments about the team?

bauc

FittingMechanics wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 16:11
bauc wrote:

I agree and I am sure that the team internally is raising these questions. Right now we still have the issue with the wind tunnel and facilities, hopefully that improves and there is an uptick in performance in next years.

Btw I am not sure why are people here so against any kind of criticism? Is this supposed to be just positive comments about the team?
Hahha yes, it appears that if you press hard for the truth to be told, you are an enemy. If you give constructive critic you are the enemy, if you want results you are the enemy....

I'm Mclaren fan since 97, and I will be till I die,.... and I want to see my team back on the top spot, not only hearing about it ....

Ben1980
Ben1980

FittingMechanics wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 16:11
bauc wrote:

Criticism is fine. But criticism should also take into account realism.

Ben1980
Ben1980

bauc wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 16:09
Ben1980 wrote:
bauc wrote:

Accountability for what?

Accountability...jeez
Accountability for lack of progress, in this case backwards trajectory since the rules reset, targets not meet, not even those publicly set by the team statements, car build quality - not being able to complete the test 2nd pre-season in a row, ect....

You can't keep promising and not delivering indefinitely. We now have the cost cap, we now have level playing ground and with all of the new facilities in place or about to be I expect to see Mclaren back on top, not fighting for P5/P6 in the constructors championship.

I'm afraid that if we don't change this around quickly we will be the next Williams on the long term.
But, you have no idea what is going on or who is being held accountable or what the justification is for anything.

You have no real valid reason to expect Mclaren on top, and the team don't even expect it.

And the budget cap, has had little impact.

Realistically Mclaren should be looking at 4th. But, also so should Alpine and now AM.

mwillems

PhillipM wrote:
God has already given them everything he thinks they deserve, it's why they can't stop posting.

Is it too much to ask to see:
  • How the Car Does This weekend
  • How the car does over the next few months
  • Where we end up at the end of the season
Before we start shouting for public executions, guillotine, hanging, hung drawn and quartering... etc
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit