[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
damager21
damager21

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

What a brilliant drive by Max today. For some reason, both Max looked more comfortable in the race today than during Qualifying. Looks like they are struggling with 1 lap pace, note that they can challenge Mercedes yet for pole.

Any possibility that there was a structural problem with some of the suspension parts or front wing causing imbalance yesterday, so Red Bull strategically asked Max to crash during the out lap so that they could change it? Not sure if normal circumstances they could have changed it

nzjrs

damager21 wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:08
What a brilliant drive by Max today. For some reason, both Max looked more comfortable in the race today than during Qualifying. Looks like they are struggling with 1 lap pace, note that they can challenge Mercedes yet for pole.

Any possibility that there was a structural problem with some of the suspension parts or front wing causing imbalance yesterday, so Red Bull strategically asked Max to crash during the out lap so that they could change it? Not sure if normal circumstances they could have changed it
0% possibility. My coffee is also now all over my couch.

godlameroso

damager21 wrote:

Impossible, he said the car was driving as "normal". Silverstone should be a bit better, I'm praying for some warm sunshine for the weekend.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Big shout out to the mechanics, they really are the unsung heroes. Without them the cars don't run, period.
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

Also another 2,00 sec pit stop =D>

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Fantastic drive by Max, shame that Albon is heading for a penalty...

Big Tea

I was surprised with the Sky interview with Horner, he was actually bulling up Albon. He seems to think he is doing ok
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

damager21
damager21

nzjrs wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:10
damager21 wrote:

Hold on to your coffee a bit more tight. After Ferrari's engine gate last year and Albon coming under investigation in this race for having his grid box artificially dried, i don't think anything can be said with 100% certainty

Nonetheless stellar job by mechanics to get the car ready on time

TNTHead

Impressive team effort and maximised result. Race pace is clearly better than 1 lap pace.

Sieper

They dried the start spots with their feet, constantly moving around. Max should be disqualified.

Incredible from the engineers, they worked so calm and collected. I was already desperate after qualy and with Max in the barrier I thought it was all over. In stead we got a great race. Now to claw some aero performance back and I want to know what is going on with the Merc PU, all 3 teams were up in qualy, way passed what I expected. Even Williams without the copycat chassis, so only the engine did that.

etusch

damager21 wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:38
nzjrs wrote:
damager21 wrote:

Hold on to your coffee a bit more tight. After Ferrari's engine gate last year and Albon coming under investigation in this race for having his grid box artificially dried, i don't think anything can be said with 100% certainty

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdTBnwoWsAA ... name=large
Really impresive. I thought Vers will pit after first few laps. But he finished 2nd

Marti_EF3

Wet start helped a lot. We had a lot of luck with that. Also Albon did a great recovery, but with clean air needs to improve his pace. Good points to be alive for the 2nd place on WCC, and now time to the factory to understand what the hell is going on with the car. Also I did notice when Max asked for more power, during 2 laps he increased for about 1,5-2s the gap from Bottas when he was still on mediums, no traffic. I think Honda may be holding up a bit to solve some gremlins before relasing all the power. But it's only my opinion...

Big Tea

etusch wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 18:50
damager21 wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:38
nzjrs wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdTBnwoWsAA ... name=large
Really impresive. I thought Vers will pit after first few laps. But he finished 2nd
And, I do not recall him complaining about handling at all :D
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

IvailoStefanovBG

Marti_EF3 wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 19:01
Wet start helped a lot. We had a lot of luck with that. Also Albon did a great recovery, but with clean air needs to improve his pace. Good points to be alive for the 2nd place on WCC, and now time to the factory to understand what the hell is going on with the car. Also I did notice when Max asked for more power, during 2 laps he increased for about 1,5-2s the gap from Bottas when he was still on mediums, no traffic. I think Honda may be holding up a bit to solve some gremlins before relasing all the power. But it's only my opinion...
Yep. There is alot of pace in that engine. They perfectly managed the gap till the end. I wonder if they switched to qualy mode?...

etusch

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 19:12
Marti_EF3 wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 19:01
Yep. There is alot of pace in that engine. They perfectly managed the gap till the end. I wonder if they switched to qualy mode?...
I think engine is good. Kvyat or Gasly keep behind without drs, a renault car with drs.