2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Neither RB would have been in the points with their starting positions and with speeding in the pitlane penalty pretty much relegated Yuki's race to being back of the field. Race day temps were much higher than expected so that could have thrown a spanner in the works regarding tyre deg. My conjecture is the leading floor edge has become too bulbous, though I can understand why the aero team might have gone in this direction as it should offer more stability and less prone to wind disturbance. Notably, the car did not have the rotational nimbleness Yuki has become accustom to. They seem to be carrying too much drag everywhere, and if this was infact the case no amount of front or rear wing adjustment would help this flaw. My opinion is they tried to fix the tendencies of the car with the floor but I still believe the problem has always been the nose and front wing concept. Merc, AMR, RB have similar front concepts that simply require more load downstream.

I will also add that while Yuki did outqualify Dan that the upgrades brought Yuki backwards toward Dan and that immediately tells me the car is in fact slower and that the upgrades should have been run on one car, preferably Dan to see if it brought him CLOSER to Yuki or blew passed him. Instead both cars were outclassed by even the heavier Alpine of Ocon. Since Ocon didn't have any of the upgrades and still beat both RBs, Yuki should push to use the old package in Austria. This to me is a no brainer, unless leadership is adamant to only move forward and are unwilling to concede that the upgrades may in fact be a downgrade.

djos

Just to be clear, Daniel made a small mistake on his final Q1 run, prior to that he was consistently 3/10ths faster than Yuki across the weekend. Even with that mistake, the gap on their last run was 9/100ths.
"In downforce we trust"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

djos

I’m guessing he picked up the damage in the race. Aside from being slow in qualifying, he seemed fine till the second stint in the race.

In other news, Austria will be Daniel’s 250th race start.

https://apple.news/AwXMbdy10T-SQZkwO6GtI5w
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

I've read a few Reddit posts that Yuki complained of understeer from the formation lap. Yuki is quoted to say the steering was somehow compensated for but the sliding could not be. It's strange considering he moved up quite a few positions early in the stint only to fallback quickly. I couldn't watch his onboard this race so could not see when or how he might have picked up damage but I reckon it was damaged after qualifying. His track running in FP appeared to have been severely hampered by multiple issues but still managed to put in that lap albeit a moot effort.

DRS and broken rear wing, cooling issues, and a broken gearbox! Feels like preseason testing...

djos

Yeah, it was not a smooth weekend for him at all. I can imagine him being very frustrated.
"In downforce we trust"

organic

Almost confirmation that ricciardo will be replaced by Lawson. If not during this season then next year.

Marko
"The shareholders have made it known that it is a junior team and we have to act accordingly. The goal was that he [Ricciardo] would be considered for Red Bull with exceptional performances. That seat now belongs to Perez, so that plan is no longer valid."

"We will have to put a young driver in there soon. That would be Liam Lawson."
https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/1860 ... derung-zum

Bill
Bill

netheir Daniel nor perez have done exceptional performances so why not give it to yuki who have done a good jop.Marko said daniel needed to keep yuki under control in order to get that seat,so in a way they implicitly using yuki as a benchmark hence recognising his talents as a driver.what i dont understand is the opposite happend yuki kept ric under control but he is not getting promotions.double standard on redbull part.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Seems like either Yuki is leaving or Daniel would be out of the team next year.

Bill
Bill

why would yuki be leaving he has a contract and is a young driver.just read to article

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 14:19

https://twitter . com/RBR_Daily/status/1805913932315369882
Did you read the article? They want young drivers. Ricciardo isn't a young driver, Yuki is and has a contract for next year.
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ispano6 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 10:22
I've read a few Reddit posts that Yuki complained of understeer from the formation lap. Yuki is quoted to say the steering was somehow compensated for but the sliding could not be. It's strange considering he moved up quite a few positions early in the stint only to fallback quickly. I couldn't watch his onboard this race so could not see when or how he might have picked up damage but I reckon it was damaged after qualifying. His track running in FP appeared to have been severely hampered by multiple issues but still managed to put in that lap albeit a moot effort.

DRS and broken rear wing, cooling issues, and a broken gearbox! Feels like preseason testing...
New soft tires can make the car feel good for 2-3 laps, no matter how bad it actually is.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Wouter wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 15:01
Dunlay wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 14:19

https://twitter . com/RBR_Daily/status/1805913932315369882
Did you read the article? They want young drivers. Ricciardo isn't a young driver, Yuki is and has a contract for next year.
Don't fret on me! :D

What if Yuki has another offer? Not that I want him to go. He is now a good driver and I want to see Yuki and Lawson for next year.

Wouter

The Racing Bulls' new rear wing didn't work properly, so they had to use the old one. The problem can be fixed
by the race weekend in Spielberg.
But whether that was the reason why the upgrade didn't work remains to be seen.
What is certain is that they had a real performance crash with the car, it was a real downgrade.
The drivers were busy getting the car halfway up to speed, there was never any chance of scoring points.
https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... -Sieg.html
The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

Saward on twitter saying he could he as early as the end of July for Riccardo.