2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Watto wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 07:47
Saward on twitter saying he could he as early as the end of July for Riccardo.
Marko is just stirring up trouble because he lost the power wars at RedBull. Christian Horner is 100% top dog now and calls all the shots.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Liam get a drive in F1. But unless Daniel falls flat on his face, it won’t happen.
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

Iiam deserve a shot at it. Potential for RBR.

Wouter

Watto wrote:

And from his Green Notebook:

Officially there are still nine of the 20 Formula 1 seats available for 2025 – but the reality is that the silly season is effectively over with only one seat really still up for grabs.

The Visa Cash App RB Team recently took up its option on Yuki Tsunoda for 2025, after he got an offer from Audi. This means that the team will now choose between Daniel Ricciardo and Liam Lawson.

In recent days, the ever-indiscreet Helmut Marko has said that the choice will be Lawson and the logical thing to do now is to try to give him as much seat time in the car as possible,

so if you’re a Danny Ric fan think twice about buying tickets to races after the summer break…
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

djos wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 08:07
Watto wrote:
Marko is just stirring up trouble because he lost the power wars at RedBull. Christian Horner is 100% top dog now and calls all the shots.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Liam get a drive in F1. But unless Daniel falls flat on his face, it won’t happen.
This isn't Marko's idea. And Horner can't decide this time.
Marko:
"The shareholders have made it known that it is a junior team and we have to act accordingly.
The goal was that he [Ricciardo] would be considered for Red Bull with exceptional performances. That seat now belongs to Perez, so that plan is no longer valid."

"We will have to put a young driver in there soon. That would be Liam Lawson."
https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/1860 ... derung-zum
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Considering Yuki has under performed for the last two weekends, there’s nothing to stop RB from benching him if he doesn’t improve. After all, it’s Daniel that the team have credited with their car setup improvements based on his feedback.

Yuki is at a distinct disadvantage, he’s never driven a race winning car, or a non RB/TR car and has no reference points to work from.

Honestly, if you want a team player to help develop young talent, you couldn’t ask for a better driver than Daniel. He’s never played political games and always works well with his team mates.
Last edited by djos on 27 Jun 2024, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

Jurgen von Diaz

Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:
Watto wrote:

Marko:
"The shareholders have made it known that it is a junior team and we have to act accordingly.
The goal was that he [Ricciardo] would be considered for Red Bull with exceptional performances. That seat now belongs to Perez, so that plan is no longer valid."

"We will have to put a young driver in there soon. That would be Liam Lawson."
https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/1860 ... derung-zum
Doesn't Horner have the Thais on his side? So 51% are listening to Horner. And we know Horner loves Ricciardo, so nothing is certain yet.

basti313
basti313

djos wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 09:12
Considering Yuki has under performed for the last two weekends, .....

Honestly, if you want a team player to help develop young talent, you couldn’t ask for a better driver than Daniel. He’s never played political games and always works well with his team mates.
I think this is the issue.
Last year when Lawson was in the car Yuki directly went to his strongest performances ever. That lasted till a few weeks ago. I am not surprised that with the new contract similar to Perez the performance had a strong drop.

Ricciardo is simply not pushing him at the moment. He never was. It was clear that if he looses, Ric is top tier F1 driver and will move to RB. On the other hand...if he wins, Ric is just old.
They need to bring Lawson again to also improve Yuki. A good competition (not hate as with Ocon) is necessary.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 09:27
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

Doesn't Horner have the Thais on his side? So 51% are listening to Horner. And we know Horner loves Ricciardo, so nothing is certain yet.
Yes, that was my first thought too but it seems Yoovidhya changed his mind and wants a junior team again.
The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

djos wrote:
Watto wrote:

If it was just Marko I would probably agree with you. Sayward adds a little weight to it though.

Until it happens though there will be some obvious doubt. So wait and see. It would't surprise me if it is BS at the same time if it came true....

djos

Watto wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 12:21
djos wrote:
Watto wrote:

If it was just Marko I would probably agree with you. Sayward adds a little weight to it though.

Until it happens though there will be some obvious doubt. So wait and see. It would't surprise me if it is BS at the same time if it came true....
Joe is a very good journalist, and that’s why he clearly stated that he’s guessing. We’ll just have to wait and see.
"In downforce we trust"

Watto
Watto

djos wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 12:28
Watto wrote:
djos wrote:

Joe is a very good journalist, and that’s why he clearly stated that he’s guessing. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Agree. Until its happens agree wait and see.

But I probably get the feeling too if it was really nothing he probably wouldn't comment at all either. Doesn't mean its confirmed by any means but feel it likely means there is real talk behind the scenes.

djos

Watto wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 12:40
djos wrote:
Watto wrote:

Agree. Until its happens agree wait and see.

But I probably get the feeling too if it was really nothing he probably wouldn't comment at all either. Doesn't mean its confirmed by any means but feel it likely means there is real talk behind the scenes.
It’s interesting, unlike the MacLaren situation, there’s clearly 2 different camps within red bull atm, and Marko seems to be the only one saying negative things about Daniel. Everyone else is talking him up. 🤷‍♂️
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
I don't like him, but he knows things earlier than we do, but sometimes he is wrong.

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 13:02
djos wrote:
I don't like him, but he knows things earlier than we do, but sometimes he is wrong.

He’s being a little disingenuous with that last tweet, he’s either guessing or someone is backgrounding him - he should come clean.
"In downforce we trust"

Big Gun
Big Gun

Ricciardo in the next few races has to find the old magic, and throughly beat Yuki in Q and score some good points in the next few races. Oddly I have a feeling if Ricciardo can start domination Yuki by the summer break he could even replace Perez. Sounds crazy I know. I get the feeling that Horner believes if he can get Ricciardo into Red Bull that they can help him find the old speed and crazy Qualy and tire managment that he was once known for.