2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Looks like it’s just Marko stirring up trouble!

https://apple.news/ATEkZDuxBTfyb0s-EdMdWTg
But later on Thursday senior Red Bull spokesperson told popular racing site sportskeeda those headlines were wide of the mark.

“There will be no change to the driver line-up for the foreseeable future,” the spokesperson told sportskeeda.
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

Personally I see Yuki as being a driver similar to Max who would rather a fast car than a comfortable car. Yuki showed far more tenacity and guts taking corners with quicker inputs and leading the car into corners where as Ricciardo showed less commitment and slower reactions. Miami was a fluke in which they had a relatively better set up for the sprint compared to the rest of the field which allowed Dan to put in a competitive lap. It may be the case again this weekend for the sprints, but in no way did Yuki underachieve in the past races. Canada was unfortunately a mistake but I feel Ocon intentionally induced along with pressure from Ric from behind. Spain was not at all Yuki's fault and clearly would have finished higher given the positions he gained from the first stint. I don't even see why anyone here is mentioning that Yuki's seat is in jeopardy considering his performance trajectory is clearly going up and he's still a youngster.

djos

I don’t think it’s so much about comfort for Daniel, it’s about trust in the car, which leads to confidence to drive the car at 10/10ths.

I hope he gets that confidence back, because we’ve seen what happens when he does have it, he’s extremely fast. I think Maclaren have a lot to answer for.

Yuki is very consistent tho, and seems happy to drive around most issues.
"In downforce we trust"

sp8472
sp8472

Austria was not a good track for the team last year. It could be a difficult weekend for the team again. It may not be easy to evaluate the new upgrades (?) on such a track. If the team does not get the cars dialled in properly a couple of 10ths here can put you right to the back of the pack. Even more so than all other tracks.

I wonder if they will play it safe and go back to the ‘old’ reliable package or risk it all and persist with the new.

It’s pretty hard for Yuki or Daniel to show their worth from the back of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djos

RB are considering a split spec for Austria:
RB CEO Peter Bayer has revealed splitting car specifications at this weekend’s Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix is an “option” as it aims to understand its latest updates.
https://apple.news/Ak7Z4wo5AOXOgPp1sagNwmQ
"In downforce we trust"

djos

I just came across this great story on Yuki, it seems he really likes working with Daniel and that has helped him generally:
Yuki Tsunoda has revealed that being team-mates with Daniel Ricciardo has had a huge influence on his "emotional control", with the Australian having been a huge factor in Tsunoda's impressive season.

The Japanese driver has typically struggled to perform consistently, due to being ill-tempered. However, since being partnered at RB by Ricciardo, Tsunoda has been able to control his emotions significantly better.

Of course, 2024 could be Tsunoda's final year alongside Ricciardo, as the eight-time F1 race winner remains without a contract for next year, unlike Tsunoda who has a new contract with RB.

According to Tsunoda, Ricciardo has been a huge influence in the Faenza-based team, although he has no say in whether Ricciardo or Liam Lawson are signed for 2025.

"It's not a thing I can decide or control," Tsunoda told select media including RacingNews365. "I don't mind with any team-mate but, for sure, Daniel is giving a lot of technical feedback and everything and is, of course, an important influence for us.

"There is a lot of positive things that we got, and probably some of the things we were able tp benefit from is because of him. But at the same time, it's up to them really."

Going into more detail regarding his positive relationship with Ricciardo, Tsunoda has outlined his "communication" with the Australian as a key strength.

The pair communicating has resulted in an improved car across a Grand Prix, with Ricciardo's technical influence being unprecedented, despite some disappointing results for the Honey Badger.

It is learning from how Ricciardo deals with emotions which has benefitted Tsunoda's career the most though, with him now being able to perform consistently at a high standard after getting on top of it.

"I think we have good communication and we're able to always turn it around in the week, and in qualifying we were able to put it all together as a set up and everything," Tsunoda told select media including
https://racingnews365.com/tsunoda-highl ... al-control
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Indeed! They have a looooot of work to do! And only ONE FP!!

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

djos wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 10:25
RB CEO Peter Bayer has revealed splitting car specifications at this weekend’s Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix is an “option” as it aims to understand its latest updates.
Because there is just ONE FP it seems to me that is not a good idea. From your link:
RB is now in a rush to understand its woes with four races in five weeks, and Bayer has admitted that reverting one car back to the previous spec is being considered.

But with this weekend’s round at the Red Bull Ring comprising one practice hour due to the Sprint format, Bayer has outlined the pressure to come to a quick decision.

“[Going back on specification] is an option, yes,” Bayer added. “Maybe we’ll do that for one of the cars.

“We have to find out very quickly what happened, because Austria will be a Sprint weekend.

“That means we actually have to know in the first practice session what we want to do.

“The pressure is correspondingly high now. Everyone is already working flat out for next weekend.”
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 10:54
djos wrote:
Because there is just ONE FP it seems to me that is not a good idea. From your link:
RB is now in a rush to understand its woes with four races in five weeks, and Bayer has admitted that reverting one car back to the previous spec is being considered.

But with this weekend’s round at the Red Bull Ring comprising one practice hour due to the Sprint format, Bayer has outlined the pressure to come to a quick decision.

“[Going back on specification] is an option, yes,” Bayer added. “Maybe we’ll do that for one of the cars.

“We have to find out very quickly what happened, because Austria will be a Sprint weekend.

“That means we actually have to know in the first practice session what we want to do.

“The pressure is correspondingly high now. Everyone is already working flat out for next weekend.”
I completely agree, If it were a normal race weekend they could swap the cars between FP1/2 and then change to the working spec for FP3 and the race.

On a sprint weekend, they could completely screw over one of the drivers, unintentionally.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 10:59
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

I completely agree, If it were a normal race weekend they could swap the cars between FP1/2 and then change to the working spec for FP3 and the race.

On a sprint weekend, they could completely screw over one of the drivers, unintentionally.
Indeed, that is why I am against it.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 11:18
djos wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 10:59
Wouter wrote:

Indeed, that is why I am against it.
Looks like they are doing it for FP1:

https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewt ... 3#p1225793

EDIT: it’s a mix of specs.
"There are still some questions for sure, but are we convinced that the upgrade was a flop? No, we're not," Ricciardo said.

"Yuki and I are going to start with different set-ups. It's a combination of everything and because we're still trying to figure it out.

"We'll start different [Friday] morning and hopefully learn a bit from practice and then kind of merge for the sprint quali.

"But yeah, we're not chucking anything in the bin yet; there is still no firm conclusions I'd say.

"It's a bit harder now obviously on a sprint weekend, but we have to keep trying to plug away at it.

"It's a bit of a mix. There is certainly some old bits on one and whatever, but it's not just like for like.

"Because there's even some new bits I think, which we're both going to get a little piece of."

Tsunoda revealed that the Spanish GP data showed the team what it expected from the new parts, but ultimately could not account for the overall lack of performance.

He felt that it was a "bit of a mystery" that there was a disconnect between the data and the performance, and hoped for a clear answer to emerge after the sole practice session at the Red Bull Ring.

"I hope I have a clear explanation into this week, but obviously the team is digging into that problem very hard," the Japanese driver said.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Daniel looks pretty slow with the newer spec - I hope they revert him to Yuki's spec before Sprint Qually, it's clearly faster, even with a notchy feeling steering column.
"In downforce we trust"

search

Bayer just said they both were running different mixtures of new and old parts, not one new and the other old. They were able to figure out some things, but don't really know yet why the car is so slow on the straights as a result.

djos

search wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 13:44
Bayer just said they both were running different mixtures of new and old parts, not one new and the other old. They were able to figure out some things, but don't really know yet why the car is so slow on the straights as a result.
Yuki's laps were consistently 4/10th's faster than Daniel's across the entire session, so I'd be shocked if they don't go with Yuki's spec.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 13:53
search wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 13:44
Yuki's laps were consistently 4/10th's faster than Daniel's across the entire session, so I'd be shocked if they don't go with Yuki's spec.
Of course they will go with both cars for the fastest setup and updates. Why shouldn't they.
Otherwise I have to talk to Bayer asap!! :lol:
The Power of Dreams!