2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Re: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

ringo wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:24
Yes I think Max fans are too sensitive. F-1 is a competitive sport and this forum has grown men and women in it.
Fans should be allowed to have fighting talk.
No one is complain when someone said Lewis had some lucky charm enema or whatever. Which is disgusting.
He got outraced physically and psychologically and Ferrari fans are enjoying the triumph. Mercedes fans are grateful their car is second in the constructors despite being the 4th fastest car.
Max will lick his wounds and come back madder in a week's time.
4th fastest?

chrisc90

ringo wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:19
mzso wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:09
FFS. Did Hamilton get a four leaf clover enema after 2007? Everything fortunate that can happen to him, does.
He put himself in position with key overtakes, as well as pressured Perez into the failure. If he was too far away from Perez it would have been possible for Perez to cruise home maybe. Hamilton was fortunate, but he had to be in thick of things to apply pressure.
That RB was going to die anyhow. If it wasnt going to die, then perez would have been able to get going again.

Look back earlier in the race when Ham basically moved out the way for Perez to overtake.

vorticism

ringo wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:19
He put himself in position with key overtakes, as well as pressured Perez into the failure. If he was too far away from Perez it would have been possible for Perez to cruise home maybe.
Maybe. Or maybe the fuel pump just failed.
𓄀

lh13
lh13

AeroDynamic wrote:Wow what a race!

Ferrari, very impressive to see how they did with concerns to their race pace. Congrats to the Tifosi and Ferrari. They have started their season off beautifully.

Crazy madness with the Red Bulls, to go from the most reliable rock solid engine last season, to this is a shock and very unexpected. Max's attitude towards the team that gave him a great car and engine last season stinks. But not surprising.

Mercedes, what a surprise podium and bag of points they got, they'll definitely take that. I'm afraid that Mercedes wont sort themselves out in time and RBR will be a reliability mess, we wont get a real title fight this season if one of them don't get it together.

Good for Haas to be fighting for points again.

Drivers?

Charles – brilliant job. outraced Max as expected. Top drivers can beat Max now that the rules are going back to normal about wheel to wheel and leaving a space. Now that you can't run the driver off the road in such a crass way, drivers will have to race properly and there wont be no cheating drivers out of positions and wins!

Sainz needs to figure out the car, he should be closer to Charles.. but I told people I think Sainz is a 1.5 driver, he did fantastic last year but I think Charles at his best is the real deal.

Lewis and George – good job. George is close to lewis as expected and they both brought back good points.

Bottas, same old story? great in qualifying, and just seems to be a different animal in race :/ I guess those theories about Bottas being sabotaged or having a slower car than his old teammate have proved to be nonsense!

Daniel's days in F1 look to be shorter and shorter if his performance deficit continues :(
Madness at RedBull might be because of a failure of an FIA standardized part, so hold your file there. Drivers get angry/irritated easily when things go wrong in the car, especially if they are fighting for the win, so cut Max some slack, as he was dealing with brake issues, then steering issues, and then on top of that, power issues.

Plus some of you have started mentioning stewards and Max in the same sentence when he hasn't done anything wrong, which just shows that people are making stuff up and getting the response from others, and rightly so.

Big Tea

lh13 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:32
AeroDynamic wrote:Wow what a race!

Ferrari, very impressive to see how they did with concerns to their race pace. Congrats to the Tifosi and Ferrari. They have started their season off beautifully.

Crazy madness with the Red Bulls, to go from the most reliable rock solid engine last season, to this is a shock and very unexpected. Max's attitude towards the team that gave him a great car and engine last season stinks. But not surprising.

Mercedes, what a surprise podium and bag of points they got, they'll definitely take that. I'm afraid that Mercedes wont sort themselves out in time and RBR will be a reliability mess, we wont get a real title fight this season if one of them don't get it together.

Good for Haas to be fighting for points again.

Drivers?

Charles – brilliant job. outraced Max as expected. Top drivers can beat Max now that the rules are going back to normal about wheel to wheel and leaving a space. Now that you can't run the driver off the road in such a crass way, drivers will have to race properly and there wont be no cheating drivers out of positions and wins!

Sainz needs to figure out the car, he should be closer to Charles.. but I told people I think Sainz is a 1.5 driver, he did fantastic last year but I think Charles at his best is the real deal.

Lewis and George – good job. George is close to lewis as expected and they both brought back good points.

Bottas, same old story? great in qualifying, and just seems to be a different animal in race :/ I guess those theories about Bottas being sabotaged or having a slower car than his old teammate have proved to be nonsense!

Daniel's days in F1 look to be shorter and shorter if his performance deficit continues :(
Madness at RedBull might be because of a failure of an FIA standardized part, so hold your file there. Drivers get angry/irritated easily when things go wrong in the car, especially if they are fighting for the win, so cut Max some slack, as he was dealing with brake issues, then steering issues, and then on top of that, power issues.

Plus some of you have started mentioning stewards and Max in the same sentence when he hasn't done anything wrong, which just shows that people are making stuff up and getting the response from others, and rightly so.
That would be annoying. Dropping out through your own failing are bad enough
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

grubschumi13
grubschumi13

Not a bad race. I do think this season DRS is going to be very important because this race without it, seemed like not overtakes would happen.

AeroDynamic

lh13 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:32

Do we really need a rehash of why he was acting pissy and spoilt? we know why. Doesn't justify how he speaks to his team.

Fans been known that his driving has been wrong since Austria 2019 and the mysterious Masi been handing him out 'let em race' season pass that Max campaigned for since 2019. The pass is gone and the rules are coming back to where they should have been. Nobody else will look that different wheel to wheel now. His moves in Imola, Monza etc will not age well.. indeed neither will anything he did last year. the nonsense of 'im just trying to race' wont fly anymore.

its not just Ferrari that might be back.. F1 might be too! :D

Big Tea

The cars seemed so slow to me. Unweildy on corners and like watching passing traffic.
It may have been a combination of the track and the lights, but on screen it was less 'speedy' than F2
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

f1316
f1316

Fantastic race by Charles and, as has been said, he made the difference today. Hopefully this is a car fast enough so he doesn’t need to take too many risks and he can iron out those few mistakes/crashes he sometimes makes, as otherwise he’s the total package - great on one lap, manages the stint well and excellent wheel-to-wheel.

I don’t say this necessarily makes the Ferrari the number one car - it may be track dependent and the others will develop - but it looks a very ‘mature’ package. Ferrari also did well tactically today and didn’t panic but managed the gap , reacted to RB when needed and, more importantly, didn’t react pre safety car when not needed.

It seemed like none of the commentators (British ones at least) could fathom that Ferrari could have done so well and be the class of the field - even after qualifying all the talk was that Red Bull would have better race pace, entirely ignoring that Ferrari didn’t do race sim long runs on Friday - now hopefully we can stop playing old tapes about Mercedes and Red Bull being somehow fundamentally superior teams.

Also great that cars could follow and engage but not breeze by in a straight line (generally). Seems like a pretty good balance of possible but not easy overtakes.

RB might of miscalculated their fuel requirements

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

izzy
izzy

grubschumi13 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:34
Not a bad race. I do think this season DRS is going to be very important because this race without it, seemed like not overtakes would happen.
It didn't help that they qualified so much in race pace order. And losing the top 10 tyre fix.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Cannot believe that, with those fuel saving laps behind the SC

chrisc90

214270 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:44
RB might of miscalculated their fuel requirements

You would have had the lift and coast messages given to drivers if that was the case id have thought.

jurinius
jurinius

A Mercedes fan notes :
- Redbull asked Max to back into the pit, but the reigning CHampion said no just tell me what I have to do, Soo ?

- Perez was the one very angry (disappointed if you like) during interview where even Max was laughing. Guess what ? Did the Abu Dhabi clever defender was under pressure (driver error or car issue 50/50) => Same retirement like last year race. Maybe the fluel management into those RedBull cars is very legal ! just thinking
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

AeroDynamic

Last edited by AeroDynamic on 20 Mar 2022, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.