Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2013

Even with a team like Red Bull, and cars drawn by Adrian Newey, you have to look at the writing on the wall and let go. I figured Webber was bound to leave, I just didn't expect it to be at the end of this season (allow RB to have a stronger line-up with the massive turbo changeover). Folks go on about Vettel with his racer spirit going for the win in Malaysia. Isn't it just as much racing spirit to pull yourself out of someone else's shadow and a team that obviously putting you second? How can you win if you allow that to continue?

If this is true, then Red Bull may be faced with a harsh decision about who to bring from their ranks for the new 2014 cars AND to be acclimated to the team.

xDama
xDama

Tbh, I already had a feeling mid 2012 that 2013 would probably be the last season of Webber with RBR. I doubt he'd turn away a good offer from another top-team, but I don't think he's going to switch to a mid-team.

But with the increased talks about Raikkonen being a candidate for RBR... Maybe a switch to Lotus for Webber?
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Gridlock

...So he hasn't heard it's true, but he has heard it. Careful wording there. Obviously the big question is, where has he heard it.

It certainly seems to be the 'Conventional Wisdom' in the Sports Car world that he'll be a works LMP1 driver next year, looking around.

lio007

would be interesting when this has been recorded, before or after malaysia :wink:
definitley before china, because of MW's haircut

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn_A4Cp8wSg[/youtube]

irang
irang

lio007 wrote:would be interesting when this has been recorded, before or after malaysia :wink:
definitley before china, because of MW's haircut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn_A4Cp8wSg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIIcvgdKPw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBjjr2q5M1k

All were filmed on the same day.

Goran2812
Goran2812

Again Marko... and again about Pirelli... http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2939 ... e-changes/

will this guy ever go away?? "The tires are restricting the potential of our car.." Well you should have done a better job with the design then... pih... -.-
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Cam

Goran2812 wrote:Again Marko... and again about Pirelli... http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2939 ... e-changes/

will this guy ever go away?? "The tires are restricting the potential of our car.." Well you should have done a better job with the design then... pih... -.-
2 race wins. Leading the WDC. Leading the WCC. How much better can they do? It's quite possible he was voicing his objection to the perceived constant blocks put in to hobble them. If its true and they can go 1.5 secs quicker, but cannot thanks to 'new' tires, he may have a point to be unhappy.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

bhall
bhall

Dear Helmut,

Every team on the grid has a car that can go faster with better or more durable tires.

Yours,

Ben

NowyszRacing6
NowyszRacing6

about the helmut article, he's saying that the competition is being degraded by the tires, not that he wants them changed because red bull would have some new advantage with different ones (everyone would go faster with better tires). i think he just wants all the teams to be able to go as fast as they can, not just compromise to keep pit stops minimized. i totally agree with him, his point about having 2 of the best drivers in the world and not being able to push the car should be an eye opener for a lot of people. if the best drivers in the world aren't able to actually use their talent in the top level of racing in the world, then they might as well hire somebody slower, and that ruins the whole idea of f1.

Pierce89

NowyszRacing6 wrote:about the helmut article, he's saying that the competition is being degraded by the tires, not that he wants them changed because red bull would have some new advantage with different ones (everyone would go faster with better tires). i think he just wants all the teams to be able to go as fast as they can, not just compromise to keep pit stops minimized. i totally agree with him, his point about having 2 of the best drivers in the world and not being able to push the car should be an eye opener for a lot of people. if the best drivers in the world aren't able to actually use their talent in the top level of racing in the world, then they might as well hire somebody slower, and that ruins the whole idea of f1.
If you don't think Helmut is trying to get the tires changed specifically for Red Bull's benefit, then I've got a great deal for you. I will sell you the London Bridge for only $250,000. Keep in mind, its worth millions.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

NowyszRacing6
NowyszRacing6

Maybe I should have worded that better, I mean for all I know maybe they do see a way that they (think they would) benefit more than the other teams. I'm sure they do everything they can to benefit themselves, including try to get rules changed, but i was looking mostly at the compromised racing part of the article which is more important

Kiril Varbanov

According to ServusTV, after finding out that they are ~1 second slower, Buemi does a 400 simulation laps back in Milton Keynes simulator, which resulted in new parts / modifications being done urgently to the front wing.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Kiril Varbanov wrote:According to ServusTV, after finding out that they are ~1 second slower, Buemi does a 400 simulation laps back in Milton Keynes simulator, which resulted in new parts / modifications being done urgently to the front wing.
What modification could actually be designed by having a driver drive around in a simulator for 400 laps?

beelsebob
beelsebob

Cold Fussion wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:According to ServusTV, after finding out that they are ~1 second slower, Buemi does a 400 simulation laps back in Milton Keynes simulator, which resulted in new parts / modifications being done urgently to the front wing.
What modification could actually be designed by having a driver drive around in a simulator for 400 laps?
Presumably that's along the lines of 100 permutations, each for 4 laps.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Cold Fussion wrote:
Nothing will have been designed, they will have tested several potential solutions from readily available wings IMO.