2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 03:36
djos wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 02:47
Back to the qualifying, it was great to see the changes after the sprint race worked.

I thought after Q1 that both lads would get through to Q3, but it wasn’t to be. Daniel missed out by 1/100th of a second and Yuki by 2/10ths. 😢

Still, progress is progress. 😎
VCARB was the most improved team between 2023 and 2024 at Austria. It’s progress.
100%, Aston made big changes to Alonso’s care and it didn’t seem to help at all.
"In downforce we trust"

hollus

I can't resist a little aside on this ret*** is not OK but idi** is OK.
I know modern use has all the bad connotations on ret***, but just for fun, have a little google on the origin of the word idi** and its use 100 years ago...
Rivals, not enemies.

Emag
Emag

I think the "first" world is running out of things they can complain so they make up "offensive" nonsense that somehow is severely hurting certain people. It's just a word said in the heat of the moment which wasn't directed to anyone who has an actual condition to be considered offensive.

But somehow there's thousands of keyboard warriors that got offended that they heard some word on tv which wasn't even directed at them.

Get a grip of yourselves please. There are people dying of hunger and thirst every day but you're making a mountain out of a molehill online because your privileged ass got "offended".

djos

Very solid race for Daniel today, considering the Haas and Alpine’s were faster, holding off the Alpine’s (and Alonso before that) to come home in the points was excellent. And a bonus point from Max and Lando’s shenanigans was nice too.

The team got Daniels strategy perfect, and even tho the hard tires were slow, Daniel did a great job.

We didn’t see much from Yuki today, aside from an excellent start, he struggled to stay with Daniel in the first stint, and the strategy wasn’t able to help him get to the points.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Drivers and Team’s quotes after the Austrian GP

Claudio Balestri (Chief Engineer – Vehicle Performance)

“We decided to start today’s race on mediums, similarly to the majority of the other cars, and at end of Lap 2 Daniel was in P12 and Yuki in P13. At this stage, we decided to split the two strategies, pitting Daniel and leaving Yuki out for the first stint. The undercut worked very well with Daniel as we were able to gain positions against the two Alpines, but the Haas cars were able to stay in front of him for the rest of the race. In the last laps, he tried to put additional pressure on Magnussen, but we were not able to overtake him, so Daniel finished P9, scoring two very important points. As for Yuki, his race was different and a bit more difficult. We went long for the first stint on the medium and the pace was similar to the car in front on a similar strategy, but running a shorter last stint, we were not able to maximise the advantage, finishing P15. Mixed feelings, but we are still positive, and we now switch our thoughts to next week’s race in Silverstone, where we will try to improve further and get more important points.”

Laurent Mekies (Team Principal)

“In the few days since Barcelona, everyone at the factory and at the track has been working hard on extending our understanding of the updates we introduced in Spain as part of our aggressive development programme. That work continued here during the only Free Practice session, while the Sprint also provided us with valuable data. It is never ideal to do specifications comparison during a Sprint weekend, but we felt that it was a necessary investment for our midterm future. The team and drivers did a very good job putting together the best configuration possible for Saturday and Sunday. We are bringing home two good points, with Daniel finishing in P9 after an intense battle today, and following yesterday’s strong qualifying, which saw us finishing up at less than two-hundredths from Q3. Yuki was only a fraction behind in both qualifying and the race, but with the midfield battle being as tight as ever, it was enough for him to fall outside of the points today. Once again, we only have a couple of days before we are back on track, this time at Silverstone, not far from our UK-based headquarter. The smallest pace difference can make you go from a points finish to the back of the grid, so everyone at the factory will be flat out to further pursue our car development programme.”

Daniel Ricciardo #3
Race – Pos. 9th

“It was a tough race and I think we were a bit more on the defence, so it took a lot of concentration and effort. I had a good start on the outside and was looking good, but then I lost a couple of positions as there was no more room and I had to go wide. Once we settled after the start of the race, I think we did well; the team did a good job with the strategy to secure the position over the Alpines, and then I feel like I drove a good defence against Fernando (Alonso) and then Pierre (Gasly) in the last stint. We made a nice step from Barcelona, and it’s been a better weekend, so I’m happy to bring home some points. Now we’ll try to make another good step forward for Silverstone and then maybe that puts us in another fight for points.”

Yuki Tsunoda #22
Race – Pos. 14th

“The race started well, I was behind Alpine and Daniel after the start, but by the third stint, I was way behind. The pace was off, and we’ll have to find out why. For sure Daniel did a good job during today’s race, so in the end, we had a good conclusion, and we seem to understand more about what direction we as a team have to take for the coming races, so that’s a positive.”
The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

Well, what a weekend. What did we learn?
- We are most probably wrong with Danny being out of the car soon if this goes on...really nice performance by him.
- I learned that reta** is not the right word for a driver that does not concentrate on his driving but rather on swearing in a language that he barely understands. Idio* seems to be better. I mean...I understand, that F1 is a hard place if your English is not really good, but I do not get how a F1 driver can get the thing with the radio button so wrong as previous posters say...
- Short memories...up and down the forums we are comparing 2023 Q times with the ones now...guys, it is just one year ago that we had the most messy Q session ever with more laps deleted than on the board. And now we are comparing times???
- Doing a "somehow strategy" if you are "nowhere" leads to being "nowhere" in the end. No idea how you can go long on the Mediums to have a too short Hard stint. Even if Yuki would have had pace, he was nowhere with going long and was put into traffic with the short second stint. Same error that ruined the race for the Alpines.
Don`t russel the hamster!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Great race from Dan. Almost got Kmag at the end there. Those Haas are arguably the quickest in a straight line so very hard to pass. Excellent work holding off Gasly all the way to the flag. 3 race weekends in a row now performing better than Yuki. Well done. =D>

Mclarensenna

runningmanz wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 11:11
Great race from Dan. Almost got Kmag at the end there. Those Haas are arguably the quickest in a straight line so very hard to pass. Excellent work holding off Gasly all the way to the flag. 3 race weekends in a row now performing better than Yuki. Well done. =D>
https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9248 ... s/786-849/
Ric had a great race but the team let Yuki down with his strategy.
They pit Ric early on lap 10 when he was P12 and Yuki right behind in P13.
But they kept yuki out till lap 21 and he lost too many positions that were very hard to make up later on.
Not sure why they split the strategy like this but clearly Rics strategy was the superior 1.

Lets hope in Silverstone the teams give both drivers a decent strategy.
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

djos

TBH, it wouldn’t have mattered if Yuki had a better strategy, by the time Daniel stopped at the end of his first stint, Yuki was almost 5 seconds behind Daniel.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 08:51
TBH, it wouldn’t have mattered if Yuki had a better strategy, by the time Daniel stopped at the end of his first stint, Yuki was almost 5 seconds behind Daniel.
5 sec? I see here a 1.8 sec, the normal distance to save the tires. Or do you mean something else with first stint (when Ric pitted)?

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 09:10
djos wrote:
5 sec? I see here a 1.8 sec, the normal distance to save the tires. Or do you mean something else with first stint (when Ric pitted)?

Doh, you are correct, it was 1.8 seconds. I’m not sure how I got that mixed up.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 09:26
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

As long as I can remember Toro Rosso/ SAT had a terrible strategist. I thought this year it had improved, but the last races were again very bad. Sometimes with one driver and sometimes with both drivers. I wish they would get a new strategist.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 09:53
djos wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 09:26
Wouter wrote:

As long as I can remember Toro Rosso/ SAT had a terrible strategist. I thought this year it had improved, but the last races were again very bad. Sometimes with one driver and sometimes with both drivers. I wish they would get a new strategist.
Agreed, it’s very hit or miss, with too many misses.
"In downforce we trust"

sp8472
sp8472

I think the team just did a split strategy. Both drivers were outside the points at the first pit stop. So they did a 50;50 bet hopeing one of the strategies would pay off with points.

I seem to remember they do this quite often. The leading driver pits first and tries the undercut. The second driver goes long hopeing for a safety car. Usually the early stop pays off better. In the past this was Yuki who stopped first because he qualified better and Daniel was the one who wax hung out on the long stint and then ended up at the back.

It’s all just swings and roundabouts. In F1 it always pays to qualify first and be leading on the track. The leading car gets the best strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Gun
Big Gun

I actually have a feeling with Perez being horrible, if Ricciardo can perform strong in the next 5 races he may be swapped with Perez.
Sound crazy? I think that Perez is driving that badly......