2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Re: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

NicoS wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:09
Restomaniac wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:07
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:03

It’s not the PU that failed is it? It’s a spec fuel pump by the sounds of it. Ridiculous claim
That only failed on 1 car manufacturer………on BOTH their sister cars. Convenient.
Was AT not electrical fire? or maybe you just make things up for added effect?
Who mentioned AT or their problems?

We are talking about a spec part that managed to only fail on 1 manufactures car…………both times. But it’s apparently not a RedBull problem. :?

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

SchuMassa wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:10
Restomaniac wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

It’s not the PU that failed is it? It’s a spec fuel pump by the sounds of it. Ridiculous claim
Gasly had different issues, nothing related to the fuel pump afaik.
Which is relevant how?

chrisc90

Well since AT and Gasly is the RB sister team.....If it failed on 1 manufacturer....RB....then who was BOTH the sister cars?

NicoS

Restomaniac wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:13
NicoS wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

We are talking about a spec part that managed to only fail on 1 manufactures car…………both times. But it’s apparently not a RedBull problem. :?
The who are these "sister" cars you are waffling about?

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:15
Well since AT and Gasly is the RB sister team.....If it failed on 1 manufacturer....RB....then who was BOTH the sister cars?
The 2 RedBull (1 manufacturer) cars are obviously sister cars to each other. 🤦‍♂️

zeph
zeph

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
zeph wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:02
F1NAC wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 21:37

Expect, they are not building it. It's all Honda still whatever the name is. They didn't even finish the building for powertrains.
Yeah, Honda will continue to provide support for 2022, but they have one foot out the door already. You know how it is.

Anyway, we'll see if this was a one-off or indicative of deeper problems.
Puhleeze, I'm not claiming didley. I'm just having some lighthearted banter after an enjoyable race. Keep your socks on.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Restomaniac wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:13
NicoS wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

Defo not coincidental you’d think. I would agree with you on that one. As they both failed in the last few laps you can assume it’s the same issue with both cars. Whether it’s pump placement/not enough fuel running through it at very low levels etc.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

AeroDynamic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 20:55
So no more deals like Jeddha 2021!

PlatinumZealot

LM10 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 21:58
PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:27
Artur Craft wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 18:45
How wrong I was!

Ferrari not only is the fastest car but did not have any technical failure, RB, on the other hand..... what a nightmare race for them.
Nah Ferrari not the fastest car. That difference was down to Leclerc's clever driving and tyre management. If anything the cars were more or less equal in race trim. I actually expected RedBull to walk away with it but tyre issues came to be the decider today.
Let’s sum up what you’ve claimed until now, shall we?

1. Right after seeing the F1-75 in February you already started saying that you can’t see the car being a contender.

2. In the middle of pre-season-testing in Bahrain you told that (as a Mercedes fan) you’re not worried of Ferrari because they play it safe by riding their car high and even if they would have a fast car they would lose out on strategy. So you said the real opponent of Mercedes would be RedBull.

3. Today right before the race you claimed that RedBull would drive off into the sunset and win by a gap of 10 seconds.

… Now, after the race that was won by a Ferrari car which clearly had the best race pace (I don’t mean dominant by that), by flawless strategical calls and best pit stops by the Ferrari team, you keep on claiming things hoping to get it right at some point.

Of course Charles executed everything perfectly and outsmarted Max, but he had the car to do so.
For all we know the F1-75 had the best tyre deg. If you want to claim that it all was on the drivers you would need to provide evidence.

Let’s not forget that the F1-75 pretty much still is the spec of pre-season testing with a slightly modified floor to tackle porpoising and a slightly modified diffuser from last day in pre-season-testing.

It’s not so hard to accept that Ferrari have done a good job, is it?
My hypothesis were clearly hinged on Mercedes solving their issues. I'm very consistent with that.

I still have RedBull ahead of Ferrari. And RB development is always very good. I see RB better developing than Ferrari over the season. Of course I rather Charles win over Max but it will take a supreme effort.

Yes Ferrari did a good job, everyone is a Ferrari fan. I will always watch what Ferrari is doing.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

grubschumi13
grubschumi13

Truth be told that the ability to race closely depends on the equality of the cars. There were huge gaps between the haves, the midfield and the have nots. The AM, Mclarens and Williams were 30 seconds behind by lap 10 .

Even among the top teams apart from Max's undercut, the over taking opportunities looked non existent. Even at the restart when Carlos got a great run on Max the slipstream looked so weak.

Perhaps they can bring back refueling to make the cars look alive again and widen the strategy windows and add complexity.

The faster cars like RBR and Ferrari look more nimble in comparison to other cars but even when looking a them in isolation to other cars, they look cumbersome and recalcitrant. Im sure as the season progresses some teams at the back when they understand their cars will find chunks of time as much as seconds.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

grubschumi13 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:31
Truth be told that the ability to race closely depends on the equality of the cars. There were huge gaps between the haves, the midfield and the have nots. The AM, Mclarens and Williams were 30 seconds behind by lap 10 .

Even among the top teams apart from Max's undercut, the over taking opportunities looked non existent. Even at the restart when Carlos got a great run on Max the slipstream looked so weak.

Perhaps they can bring back refueling to make the cars look alive again and widen the strategy windows and add complexity.

The faster cars like RBR and Ferrari look more nimble in comparison to other cars but even when looking a them in isolation to other cars, they look cumbersome and recalcitrant. Im sure as the season progresses some teams at the back when they understand their cars will find chunks of time as much as seconds.
True, they all look like cumbersome buckets with wheels.
At least last years cars were nimble and fast (even though they couldnt follow closely) the DRS effect was greater.

chrisc90

grubschumi13 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:31

Agree. Pretty boing 'racing' to be honest. There wasnt a great amount of decent overtakes. Most action we got was Max and Lec overtaking each other. The rest were just cruising by steadily.

ringo

f1316 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 22:10
ringo wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 21:25
Dont know if it was mentioned.. But the Ferrari pitstops are much better this year!
The stops gave them the win.
Both stops Max could have got rhe undercut but the quick ferrari stops countered that.
No, for the first stop, Charles’ stop was longer than Max’s (I believe 3.1 vs 2.9 for Max) - it was Carlos who had 2.5 on the first stop. On the second, Ferrari gained 0.5 but the gap was around 1s coming out of the pit, so it would have been close - maybe more like first stop with back and forth overtake - but not a clear cut lead for Max.

What won the race for Ferrari was Charles having the better pace, plain and simple. He pulled out a 3-5s gap before each of the stops and that gave them room to react. Max was saying he could have pushed harder on outlaps to undercut, and that may be true, but I suspect the reason the team told him not to was because his tyres wouldn’t last if he did. Ultimately Leclerc had a small but crucial pace advantage.
Max did not manage his tyres well. This is a weakness from last year. And people kept saying the W12 got faster, when in truth it seems Max tends to wear his tyres too fast. The 3 to 4 seconds was at the end of the stints. Ferrari did not have consistent advantage. If they did leclerc would have rode off into the sunset. The Ferarri advantage is probably a few hundreths per lap. What gave the gap was the tyre management of Max.
But let's wait till the lap charts come out.
For Sure!!

ringo

Cars look like street cars. Bulky and barreling down the track.
They are too heavy, and I feel the unsprung mass increasing also makes the effect worse.
The fuel flow limits need to increase by 30%. The cars now need 1600hp to look fast again. :D
For Sure!!