Renault R31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
madly
madly

Re: Renault R31

Please let this topic will be without offs. Let it be in 2 digits but about R31...

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Aside from it's inability to take a landing this car has no weak points anywhere. It just needs a little here and there to compete for the pole. Of course the season is a moving target. We'll have to see what happens when the circus arrives in Europe ..

bot6
bot6

govind112 wrote:which do you think is more beneficial the front facing exhaust or the flat ones redbull use?

I think the FEE shows more potential, and I think it's efficiency is probably less dependent on car setup

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

at the moment, based on the last two Gran Prix, i would have to go with the flat exhaust, purely because the McLaren and the Red Bull both have a version, and they both out performed Lotus Renault.

but that could also be to do with other aspects of the cars
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Posts about the team in general and how they will fare in Monaco and future races have been split off into a separate thread:
:arrow: Renault 2011
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

korzeniow
korzeniow

Robbobnob wrote:at the moment, based on the last two Gran Prix, i would have to go with the flat exhaust, purely because the McLaren and the Red Bull both have a version, and they both out performed Lotus Renault.

but that could also be to do with other aspects of the cars
This is rather simplyfied analysis. :lol: What about Ferrari then? Why arent they fighting at the top? Ferrari have RBR style exhaust since winter tests.
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

govind112

anybody got the cars floor pics from when it was sitting in the pits in china?
Doing It Again 2014

Formula None
Formula None

govind112

these guys are a bunch of idiots why wait until that last minutes to release the cars? they had a good chance of getting top 5 or even 3. and any news on the petrov scenario ?
Doing It Again 2014

PaulB

MGU? Motor-generator-unit?
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

adrianjordan

Did we ever clear up what the bottle in the sidepod was for?

Because on the BBC Qualifying coverage they mentioned that they have a 1 shot clutch release using a gas release system so that they are supposed to be able to get the car out of gear if they lose hydraulic pressure...I know it's a way from the gearbox, but seems like the sort of bottle that would fit this use...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

FW17

Formula None wrote:

Battery:

That says Williams F1 on it.

PlatinumZealot

That's a big motor!

Though then again for 80hp it's quite small!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

flynfrog

adrianjordan wrote:Did we ever clear up what the bottle in the sidepod was for?

Because on the BBC Qualifying coverage they mentioned that they have a 1 shot clutch release using a gas release system so that they are supposed to be able to get the car out of gear if they lose hydraulic pressure...I know it's a way from the gearbox, but seems like the sort of bottle that would fit this use...
it might be for fire suppression

bhall
bhall

The brake ducts appear to be turned backwards or something. Or are my eyes simply playing tricks on me?