2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Macklaren wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 16:02
WOW hope this is a big deal!

https://news.sky.com/story/tech-giant-g ... l-12567628
Screamed into a pillow again! :lol: This is the content we love to see!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

When I was reading the article, for a split second, I wondered who the Mr. Brown they kept referring to was.. :lol:
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Balalu
Balalu

Way to go Zak and McLaren!
Last edited by Balalu on 16 Mar 2022, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

Xero

Macklaren wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 16:02
WOW hope this is a big deal!

https://news.sky.com/story/tech-giant-g ... l-12567628
Man, Zak keeps on delivering on the marketing front! We'll find out more details later today apparently.

NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

This one could be HUGE.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Love how the Team quietly goes about doing their business… The timing of the partnership is not surprising since all eyes are on F1 this week with the first race of the season and the fact that most excitement for the new cars (reveals) have dwindled a bit after we have had a chance to watch them on track during testing.

Hope the sponsorship is sizable and wonder how the car will look and/if any changes come with it in terms of the livery.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 16:59
Love how the Team quietly goes about doing their business… The timing of the partnership is not surprising since all eyes are on F1 this week with the first race of the season and the fact that most excitement for the new cars (reveals) have dwindled a bit after we have had a chance to watch them on track during testing.

Hope the sponsorship is sizable and wonder how the car will look and/if any changes come with it in terms of the livery.
“Under the deal to be announced on Wednesday, Google's Android-branded devices and Chrome operating system will receive prominent exposure and be adopted by the McLaren team, according to a person close to the deal”

the EDGE
the EDGE

cbbcisace wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:11
SmallSoldier wrote:

“Under the deal to be announced on Wednesday, Google's Android-branded devices and Chrome operating system will receive prominent exposure and be adopted by the McLaren team, according to a person close to the deal”
They have to use Android OS phones…? Poor guys 🤣

Balalu
Balalu

Poor? Why? Very user friendly overall IMHO. Much better than Microsoft of Apple stuff.
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

Still won't affect my view of Google as a very bad company tho :D Also won't push me to use their services :D But very happy for the team :D

adrianjordan

the EDGE wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:15
cbbcisace wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:11
SmallSoldier wrote:

They have to use Android OS phones…? Poor guys 🤣
The previously had a deal with One+ so they already used Android phones.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mwillems

Emag wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 15:55
mwillems wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 15:43
Probably the different ducts will be used at different tracks.

But will someone tell me what Mclaren are using all that hot air for! Where is it going to?? Are they using it help the flow around the car, lower the pressure above the diffuser...? Does the car have AC now??
I would guess either being used for aerodynamic purposes, or as a way of managing tire temps.
It's going to the car, I just wonder where on the car it is used.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

I think they will be advertising the Google Pixel specifically, not just Android in general.

And I don't know how long you have stayed in the Apple ecosystem my man, but Android has improved massively over the years. It's just as nice of a user experience as iOS, particularly on the pixel phones which keep the OS very close to stock.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Emag wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:55
I think they will be advertising the Google Pixel specifically, not just Android in general.

And I don't know how long you have stayed in the Apple ecosystem my man, but Android has improved massively over the years. It's just as nice of a user experience as iOS, particularly on the pixel phones which keep the OS very close to stock.
Nice to see a more positive post from you ;)

Xero

Emag wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:55

I have several friends who were diehard Apple fans, and one by one they have switched to Android and say they will never go back. Just the 1 stubborn one left! :lol:

Android has come a long way. I work at a games studio who have releases on mobile, and working with iOS has become painful in comparison.

Back on topic, I expect it'll be Google Pixel 6 on the car initially, with Pixel 7 getting added in the second half of the season, along side the Chrome logo.