2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Watto wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 07:58
FittingMechanics wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 07:08
Watto wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 06:21

I think Lando is leaning the lessons well here though. I think hes used Max's own tactics against him in T4 by Horners claims Lando was doing 15kmph faster than his quickest lap. Got up and past or at least side by side Max at the corner Apex probably doubtful he made the corner but it forced Max to give him space. I think Max was always happy to allow the 2 Ferrari to win/go 1 2. I suspect too thats why he didn't hand the place back hoping the 2 Ferraris could build a big enough gap.
This is wrong. Norris was making that corner (T4). It can be easily seen and confirmed by watching onboard of Norris, he straightens the car and is on road and clearly in control, he would have kept two tyres on the road but then Verstappen barges in and Norris bails. This is completely obvious on the onboard.

He would then have a tight line into T5 where Verstappen would be on the outside. I reckon Verstappen would be able to defend in T5 but with these rules who knows.

Don't trust everything people (Horner) say. Use your eyes.
I take anything he (and any team for that matter) says

I think it was touch and fo he makes T4, but depending on how the rules work going into T5 would be interesting I suspect if Lando made the apex then well.... Lando could run him wide who knows.

I think all teams play the BS line here I though Max last week worked within teh rules - I don't know I like them but I think he used them to his advantage. I think Lando did it this week Max paid the price he didn't allow Max to ease off on the brakes on the inside to stay ahead. I think maybe like Max last week, Lando would have been happy if he struggled to make the corner. He knew Max would push him wide again. He did, Lando was well alongside him this time so the rules worked against Max. It was agressive and smart.. Probably caught Max out a little I think. and Max in the end got what he reserved.
I don't think it was touch and go at all, it's quite clear on the onboard. I'm sure that Max being a great driver that he is could understand whether Norris will go off and wouldn't barge him off if Norris was going off himself.

Comment about T5 is correct, with the rules from Austin Norris could then probably just go deep into T5, get the apex first and then push Verstappen wide. Silly rule but that happened in Austin. This probably influenced Verstappen to a degree (hard to tell with split second decisions).

BMMR61

Could be a turning point in Lando's battle with Max. Lando, we all know, had to toughen up and there's good signs in this
https://racingnews365.com/verstappen-go ... him-norris

"It's always going to be on the line. It's always going to be tough with Max. He's never going to make anyone's life easy, especially mine, at this point of the year. It was not fair, clean racing, and therefore, I think he got what he had coming to him."

Go get him Lando.

The optimism of the new floor on the Red Bull at Austin has evaporated. Max had some bitter words about his race and didn't dwell on the penalties, only the car - too slow, too hard on it's tyres. At Mexico it was arguably the 4th fastest car for race pace and next week at Interlagos (Brazil) he will take a 5 place grid drop if we are to believe reports. That could be problematic if grip and degradation become an issue for him again.

BMMR61

For all of us McLaren fans who can remember the start of the recovery in 2019/20 -
VAMOS CARLOS! WE LOVE YOU!
Great drive by one of the good guys of F1 and everyone at McLaren congratulate you, even if you have to be fulfilling the end of your career at the enemy camp!

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

BMMR61 wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 09:38
Could be a turning point in Lando's battle with Max. Lando, we all know, had to toughen up and there's good signs in this
https://racingnews365.com/verstappen-go ... him-norris

"It's always going to be on the line. It's always going to be tough with Max. He's never going to make anyone's life easy, especially mine, at this point of the year. It was not fair, clean racing, and therefore, I think he got what he had coming to him."

Go get him Lando.

The optimism of the new floor on the Red Bull at Austin has evaporated. Max had some bitter words about his race and didn't dwell on the penalties, only the car - too slow, too hard on it's tyres. At Mexico it was arguably the 4th fastest car for race pace and next week at Interlagos (Brazil) he will take a 5 place grid drop if we are to believe reports. That could be problematic if grip and degradation become an issue for him again.
Verstappen accepted the decisions quite calmly. He was probably willing to crash.

_cerber1

Emag
Emag

Wow another sub 2s this year. World record is 1.88 right?

_cerber1

Emag wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 10:06
Yes, 1,9 RBR in China

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Emag wrote:
1.80s in Qatar 2023 - famous one with the Alfa mechanic looking at the McLaren pitstop.

I think 1.9s was the fastest one this year. Great to see the team on top of pitstops as well. Every bit could matted.

Btw, maybe the bib thing really was used. Red Bull race pace looks quite bad ever since.

Emag
Emag

FittingMechanics wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 10:19
Emag wrote:
1.80s in Qatar 2023 - famous one with the Alfa mechanic.

I think 1.9s was the fastest one this year. Great to see the team on top of pitstops as well. Every bit could matted.

Btw, maybe the bib thing really was used. Red Bull race pace looks quite bad ever since.
It definitely smells fishy. Last two races Max has had really good qualifying pace but he has been completely off in the race.

Yet people thought McLaren was chasing ghosts to deter attention from their mini DRS which if you take Mexico as a reference, it has evidently shown it wasn’t worth anything significant.

Emag
Emag

FittingMechanics wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 10:19
Emag wrote:
1.80s in Qatar 2023 - famous one with the Alfa mechanic.

It definitely smells fishy. Last two races Max has had really good qualifying pace but he has been completely off in the race.

Yet people thought McLaren was chasing ghosts to deter attention from their mini DRS which when you take Mexico as a reference, it has evidently shown it wasn’t worth anything significant.

bauc

Will Oscar finally wake up this weekend from the hibernation he is in the last few races?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg