2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Yuki such a beast i thought Alonso would overtake him . he is such a versatile driver.

hkbruin
hkbruin

Considering the crash and his car being rebuilt, that was a masterful drive for Yuki! I think the only driver on a 1-stop strategy. Pretty impressive that he managed his pace and tires, especially on the mediums for 30 laps!

Dunlay
Dunlay

hkbruin wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:06
Considering the crash and his car being rebuilt, that was a masterful drive for Yuki! I think the only driver on a 1-stop strategy. Pretty impressive that he managed his pace and tires, especially on the mediums for 30 laps!
Awesome job from Yuki! Put that man in the Red Bull, NOW!!!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Well done Yuki, but an absolutely awful strategy for Dan pitting him after just 7 laps into a DRS train behind Kmag who is in one of the fastest cars in a straight line which ruined his race. Not to mention making him do an extra pitstop. He was faster than Yuki in clean air most of the race as evidenced by also making up over half a pitstop on Yuki before getting blue flags in the last few laps of the race.

Dan was not happy on the radio and Pierre apologised. The team threw away a double points finish today.

proteus

Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:10
hkbruin wrote:
Why exactly? It would be like pouring gasoline onto an ongoing fire at the moment. His temper is twice as bad as the Max has.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Dunlay
Dunlay

proteus wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:00
Dunlay wrote:
hkbruin wrote:
Why exactly? It would be like pouring gasoline onto an ongoing fire at the moment. His temper is twice as bad as the Max has.
Is Max afraid of Yuki? I don't think so, then where is the problem? You either have a "not speaking much" ultra ultra slow, error prone old driver or a well past his sell by date driver or a young fast driver with a bit of temperament.

hkbruin
hkbruin

runningmanz wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:56
Well done Yuki, but an absolutely awful strategy for Dan pitting him after just 7 laps into a DRS train behind Kmag who is in one of the fastest cars in a straight line which ruined his race. Not to mention making him do an extra pitstop. He was faster than Yuki in clean air most of the race as evidenced by also making up over half a pitstop on Yuki before getting blue flags in the last few laps of the race.
Dan was not happy on the radio and Pierre apologised. The team threw away a double points finish today.
The strategists got too caught up with the pit cycle of the soft-laden cars, which was head scratching. Perez has only one more chance to stay at RBR, and if he doesn’t deliver then Yuki should be promoted. Yuki probably was going to qualify higher than DannyRic if not for his crash on his last attempt and clearly shows more pace, so if anyone else gets promoted to RBR then it’s clear as day that Horner has some serious bias issues that is clouding his judgement.

proteus

Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:03
proteus wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
Is Max afraid of Yuki? I don't think so, then where is the problem? You either have a "not speaking much" ultra ultra slow, error prone old driver or a well past his sell by date driver or a young fast driver with a bit of temperament.
Yuki is imho worse than Albon and Gasly and both of those drivers tanked at RedBull, so i really dont think he would be an asset with his fast temper. And he is also very prone for mistakes.

If he would drive as fast as he is ranting on the radio though, he would be ustoppable. Until then he is mediocre driver with flashes of speed.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Dunlay
Dunlay

proteus wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:39
Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:03
proteus wrote:

Yuki is imho worse than Albon and Gasly and both of those drivers tanked at RedBull, so i really dont think he would be an asset with his fast temper. And he is also very prone for mistakes.

If he would drive as fast as he is ranting on the radio though, he would be ustoppable. Until then he is mediocre driver with flashes of speed.
Still better option than the others.

runningmanz
runningmanz

hkbruin wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:06
runningmanz wrote:
The strategists got too caught up with the pit cycle of the soft-laden cars, which was head scratching. Perez has only one more chance to stay at RBR, and if he doesn’t deliver then Yuki should be promoted. Yuki probably was going to qualify higher than DannyRic if not for his crash on his last attempt and clearly shows more pace, so if anyone else gets promoted to RBR then it’s clear as day that Horner has some serious bias issues that is clouding his judgement.

Dan was on a fast lap as well before Yuki crashed. You can't claim to be fast if you run off track and crash pushing too hard. It should have been a clean sweep for Dan this weekend without the stupid strategy and 4 out of the last 5 weekends he is beating Yuki

hkbruin
hkbruin

If Dan is supposed to be that good to be considered for the RBR seat then he should be mopping the floor with Yuki. The fact that he hasn’t means that Yuki is putting it together much better more consistently. from the outside it looks like Horner is intentionally leaving out Yuki because he feels miffed that Honda decided to leave and their own engine development is probably not coming along as good as hoped.

djos

I’m so F’KN angry right now! The RB strategy team continue to screw up!!!! They threw away a double points finish today!!! 😡

They either manage one good strategy and one bad strategy, or two completely meh strategies!

Yuki has been on the receiving end of this multiple times, and today it was Daniel’s turn, but it shouldn’t be happening!! Blind Freddy could see covering off the soft tire runners was pure insanity!

Both Yuki and Daniel drove really well today, but to not both be in the points is unforgivable! 😡

The only saving grace is that Haas didn’t get any points at all, so RB have stretched the gap to 6 points.
Last edited by djos on 22 Jul 2024, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

Watto
Watto

Poor by the team today. The the pit stratagy was very confusing , Both driver drove pretty well today

djos

hkbruin wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 20:40
If Dan is supposed to be that good to be considered for the RBR seat then he should be mopping the floor with Yuki. The fact that he hasn’t means that Yuki is putting it together much better more consistently. from the outside it looks like Horner is intentionally leaving out Yuki because he feels miffed that Honda decided to leave and their own engine development is probably not coming along as good as hoped.
Yuki is very, very fast, but crashing out of qualifying at critical points in the season is not going to help his cause, RBR already have a driver who does that and don’t need another one.

Daniel has also proven he can lead car development direction, before he joined RB they were the slowest team on the grid. Daniel helped provide the direction which lead to big improvements to the car setup and speed. Yuki has yet to show he can do this. Based on comments from Yuki, he has learned a lot from Daniel, so hopefully this skill is being developed.
"In downforce we trust"

Mclarensenna

runningmanz wrote:

If Alonso or Hamilton for example who has a lot of experience in F1 was told to pit so early out of the blue they would have questioned it and most likely refused unless a very good reason given. Ric with over 10 years experience in F1 did not question it and refuse to pit so early? Ric went along with a 3 stop strategy on a track that is very difficult to overtake on. I think Ric needs to take some responsibility here.
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.