Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

it's not real, they haven't even released a tease..
here's proof, I asked
https://twitter.com/#!/MercedesAMGF1/st ... 8596000768

Richard
Richard

Brilliant, faking by using a competitors' car! Presumably a fan doing the faking.

Predator

Yup, fake. And why would they not use a gradient on the 'W03' typeface? Kinda gives it away that it's a fake + the typeface is not part of their branding. ;)

P.S. well done dren.

Mr.S
Mr.S

dren wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Well that picture dont know how authentic,but the front suspension looks a lot more complex than Mclaren's. The nose looks quite low,very low in fact. I dont know much clean air they will get under it,surely not as much as Carteham's. If this is for RRH allright,if not I got a feeling they are f***ed.

Other than it is impossible to say anything from that picture
It's the FW31 Williams.
Cool mate. Thanx. I expect a great car. 3rd Quickest is fairly resonable. Mclaren will loose much bigger time with EBD gone & looking at their new car it looks very conservative & nothing spectacular. There is a good chance to overtake either Mclaren or Ferrari.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Ok guys, jumped the gun a bit but I did say 70% :lol:

Mercedes AMG were kind enough to inform me that the car pictured is NOT the 03 as I'm sure your all aware by now.
They did however mention a teaser is in the pipeline.... 8)
damn you beat me to it hehehe

Metalrulz
Metalrulz

dren wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Well that picture dont know how authentic,but the front suspension looks a lot more complex than Mclaren's. The nose looks quite low,very low in fact. I dont know much clean air they will get under it,surely not as much as Carteham's. If this is for RRH allright,if not I got a feeling they are f***ed.

It's the FW31 Williams.
+ I dont think that any team would want such a low nosecone .. even though the regulations state that the nose has to be lower this year..

dren

Now perhaps another 100 or so pages of speculation after the teaser is released? You taking the over or under JET?
Honda!

dren

Metalrulz wrote:
dren wrote:

It's the FW31 Williams.
+ I dont think that any team would want such a low nosecone .. even though the regulations state that the nose has to be lower this year..
I agree. It seems to work a bit better for Mclaren because they have the snow plow there already, but the other teams I'm guessing will opt for the thin high nose like what Caterham have shown.
Honda!

Pierce89

Gridlock wrote:So can a plane take off from a treadmill or not? :roll:

Seriously though, this is all Ross Brawn's fault. Just show us already!
Yes a plane can take off from a treadmill because a plane is not driven by it's wheels, but by thrust from the prop or turbine. The wheels(which freewheel)will then rotate at airspeed plus treadmill speed. :D

sorry couldn't help myself. :wtf: #-o
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Metalrulz
Metalrulz

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:The W02 was a short ass. The MP4-26 a long one.

Brawn said the W03 would have a longer wheelbase, but didn't specify of course.
I'm thinking it may still be a short wheelbase car...

Yeah, they will want to improve the problems and get the CoG right and also not get stuck on problems like cooling by increasing the wheelbase but not go for a full-fledged long wheelbase..
Are we going to see the SWB as a trend among teams this year ? will have to wait till friday (ferrari launch) to get a rough idea ....
Last edited by Metalrulz on 01 Feb 2012, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Timstr
Timstr

Last edited by Timstr on 01 Feb 2012, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Delete
Last edited by hardingfv32 on 01 Feb 2012, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

dren

Timstr wrote:
dren wrote:Now perhaps another 100 or so pages of speculation after the teaser is released? You taking the over or under JET?
It's fake. Was alterted to this on autosport forum: http://www.0-60mag.com/wp-content/uploa ... w31-41.jpg
Yeah, I know. I was refering to the "official" teaser that is yet to be released that JET and MercFan talked about.
Honda!

Timstr
Timstr

dren wrote:
Timstr wrote:
dren wrote:Now perhaps another 100 or so pages of speculation after the teaser is released? You taking the over or under JET?
It's fake. Was alterted to this on autosport forum: http://www.0-60mag.com/wp-content/uploa ... w31-41.jpg
Yeah, I know. I was refering to the "official" teaser that is yet to be released that JET and MercFan talked about.
Ok. Thanks

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I want to say over, but.... The teaser is being released soon.... Which means an official thread can be opened... I think?
Or should we have a teaser thread that is not quite official, but is also not quite speculation?
:lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley