Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hutchie.91
Hutchie.91

Re: Ferrari F1-75

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask as it applies to all the teams (im sure), but why all of a sudden now on the rear wings teams have these small luminious stickers in pretty much the same places across the teams that are doing it on the rear wing? Is it more for Liberty Media and needing some reference points for car tracking for certain graphic packages that we are seeing now such as onboard cameras that track and annotate the leading car they are trying to catch?

Just thought I would ask here since its more obvious on the F1-75 given their naked carbon rear wing, plus most development interest discussion this season will be for the Ferrari and Redbull.

jumpingfish

Hutchie.91 wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 17:50
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask as it applies to all the teams (im sure), but why all of a sudden now on the rear wings teams have these small luminious stickers in pretty much the same places across the teams that are doing it on the rear wing? Is it more for Liberty Media and needing some reference points for car tracking for certain graphic packages that we are seeing now such as onboard cameras that track and annotate the leading car they are trying to catch?

Just thought I would ask here since its more obvious on the F1-75 given their naked carbon rear wing, plus most development interest discussion this season will be for the Ferrari and Redbull.
It is from 2021 season and flexible rear wings, FIA added those dots to control it.

SSScoffee
SSScoffee

Any pics of Sainz's floor?

_cerber1

SSScoffee wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 18:49

dialtone
dialtone

_cerber1 wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 19:05
SSScoffee wrote:
https://soymotor.com/sites/default/file ... k=Y6GFeWfy
Those strakes leave a tiny amount of air to come through the diffuser, wow.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Curvature/radius of the floor strakes is more open at the connection to the floor than at the bottom edge.

Sevach
Sevach

chrstphrln

Looks surprisingly inconspicuous. Not sure if i expected that...

dialtone
dialtone

In the race, being good on tyres like the F1-75 is a good sign, but in Quali the need to get 2 laps in to set the time is really turning into a weakness:

LEC clearly had no intention of taking the fast lap here, he's still warming up tyres and doesn't wanna take risks in S1, and probably also limiting how much he can push in the rest of the track, I think F1-75 is better overall for tomorrow, including being kinder to tyres... But if every quali is going to be butchered by red flags like it happened so far... It's going to be quite annoying to get the lap time when you always need 4 laps.

LM10
LM10

Boldest floor on the fastest car?

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

I don’t think I’ve ever seen plank wear that far rearward before. Not sure how they manage it.

The front end looks near solid from a heave perspective, but if they just rotate around the front axle I’d expect wear marks at rearmost part of the plank which I don’t.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

_cerber1 wrote:
SSScoffee wrote:
What a good pictures, for MB and Red Bull. Dream pictures for main rivals. Well done Carlos #-o #-o #-o #-o
Stupid mistake, second race in a row.

LM10
LM10

Fer.Fan wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 21:52
_cerber1 wrote:
SSScoffee wrote:
What a good pictures, for MB and Red Bull. Dream pictures for main rivals. Well done Carlos #-o #-o #-o #-o
Isn’t the value of these pictures being exaggerated? I mean, teams have different philosophies. Would it even make sense to copy such a sensitive area like the floor instead of developing their own ones?

Also, especially now at the very beginning of these new regulations when teams will bring numerous updates the variation will be huge. Ferrari will bring a new floor to Spain, for example.

Another thing I noticed is that we’ve seen Mercedes and RedBull mechanics holding the floor with it’s bottom perfectly visible for us - seemingly without caring much about the fact we could see it. I wonder why? Maybe because of the possible reasons I’ve mentioned above?

S D

LM10 wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 22:21
Fer.Fan wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 21:52
Isn’t the value of these pictures being exaggerated? I mean, teams have different philosophies. Would it even make sense to copy such a sensitive area like the floor instead of developing their own ones?

Also, especially now at the very beginning of these new regulations when teams will bring numerous updates the variation will be huge. Ferrari will bring a new floor to Spain, for example.

Another thing I noticed is that we’ve seen Mercedes and RedBull mechanics holding the floor with it’s bottom perfectly visible for us - seemingly without caring much about the fact we could see it. I wonder why? Maybe because of the possible reasons I’ve mentioned above?
Or perhaps with the multitude of each team's professional photographers taking photos from all angles with telephoto lenses they all know already.

It's we fans that are in the dark.

ringo

_cerber1 wrote:
SSScoffee wrote:
A nice ellypitcal underfloor. The minor axis of the ellipse is very rearward. Very interestinf comparee to the mercedes. The redbull phiosophy is completely different.
Very clean design overall. The tricks seem to be in the engine power and the suspension.
For Sure!!