Champ Car Fight

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
GTO

Red Bull has offered Klien a ride (don't know which team though). I haven't read anywhere that Klien has accepted it. Don't think he will after being in such a well funded team like Red Bull. Unless of course Red Bull fund their own team for Klien similar to how Honda did for Sato.

I don't know what's got into Tracy? He's driving like a total idiot, without any consideration for safety of other drivers on the track...like he's thinking if he's going to get kicked out or suspended, he might as well go out with a bang.

His driving style suits Nascar, which I believe he tried for one or two races. Does anyone know if he's planning to switch? Because of the financial problems nagging Champ car I think there are a few drivers considering the switch to Nascar.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Tracy did try a few NASCAR Busch races at the start of the season. He was non-spectacular, just a field filler. So his trial at NASCAR didn't go too well, and he knew it. I saw him interviewed immediately after his last NASCAR race, and he pretty well had lost interest/hope, and said that he was going to focus fully on the upcoming Champ Car season.

Today, a punishment was given to Tracy. 25,000 dollars and the loss of three points. The thing is, the next race on the calendar is next week in Montreal, and if he wasn't there ticket sales would suffer terribly. He knows it, and my personal opinion that arrogance and stupidity on Tracy's part was what led to his actions in Denver.

Champ Car has hit Toronto's Paul Tracy in the wallet - and the standings - for his role in a weekend dust-up with Sebastien Bourdais.

Tracy was fined $25,000 US and docked three championship points for running into his French rival on the final lap of Sunday's Grand Prix of Denver

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/060815/s081560.html

Paul Tracy regularly goes through this crap, where for a while he's on his best behavior, drives well, and doesn't get in trouble. Then he lapses and crashes and does all kind of weird crap. He's got incredible talent, but he's never grown up inside.