2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Rossi like young ones so no to DAN MSC will be in Alpine next year.

diffuser

Mansell89 wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 16:51
Well, do they snap up Danny Ricc, or has the ship sailed?
I think nothing is decided, anything is still possible. Well except Alonso driving for Alpine next year.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

TimW wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 13:17
SmallSoldier wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 07:10
diffuser wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 05:00

Yep, there are alot of possibilities. Otmar say Piastri's super license is only valid for Alpine in 2023. He can't drive in F1 with any other team. If he goes to McLaren, he'd have to sitout and accumulate the mileage with McLaren.
How is it that Piastri’s license is only valid for Alpine? The license belongs to the driver and isn’t tied to an specific team… There is no “mileage” requirement for a the Super License, simply an amount of points required (which Piastri has), as well as other requirements (like age - 18+, an actual driver license and passing a test)… I’m not aware of Super License been tied to a Team.
As I understand, the license is only valid in combination with a valid contract submitted with F1's Contract Recognition Board. So if Alpine has a 2023 contract submitted to the CRB, and the CRB upholds Alpine's contract, he can only drive for Alpine. F1 will not allow him to race for another team. CRB must say the Alpine contract is not valid, and he must have a valid contract with another team, to be allowed to drive for another team.
Do you really think F1 will prevent the F2 and F3 champion from racing in '23? :lol:
A lion must kill its prey.

JPower
JPower

Yeah, despite all the legal mess Piastri to McLaren is a done deal IMO.

The FIA will force compromise.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 19:43
TimW wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 07:10

How is it that Piastri’s license is only valid for Alpine? The license belongs to the driver and isn’t tied to an specific team… There is no “mileage” requirement for a the Super License, simply an amount of points required (which Piastri has), as well as other requirements (like age - 18+, an actual driver license and passing a test)… I’m not aware of Super License been tied to a Team.
As I understand, the license is only valid in combination with a valid contract submitted with F1's Contract Recognition Board. So if Alpine has a 2023 contract submitted to the CRB, and the CRB upholds Alpine's contract, he can only drive for Alpine. F1 will not allow him to race for another team. CRB must say the Alpine contract is not valid, and he must have a valid contract with another team, to be allowed to drive for another team.
Do you really think F1 will prevent the F2 and F3 champion from racing in '23? :lol:
He didn't race in 2022.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 02:31
AR3-GP wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 19:43
TimW wrote:

He didn't race in 2022.
what does that change? The FIA will move the rules aside if that is what Mclaren wants. He's not a nobody. He's the F2 and F3 champion. He could have taken up canasta for a year, and he'll still be allowed if he wants to.
A lion must kill its prey.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

So from recent reports, it's been said that as part of Piastri's reserve and understudy role in 2022, he's been required to be present at all GP's so far this year. But this weekend he's on SIM duty? Should this be seen as a bit unusual?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Big Tea

Ground Effect wrote:
26 Aug 2022, 10:27
So from recent reports, it's been said that as part of Piastri's reserve and understudy role in 2022, he's been required to be present at all GP's so far this year. But this weekend he's on SIM duty? Should this be seen as a bit unusual?
Keep him away from the media?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ringo

Now that this saga has aged, do people still despise Alpine for their position that Piastri has no loyalty?
For Sure!!

djos

ringo wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 08:06
Now that this saga has aged, do people still despise Alpine for their position that Piastri has no loyalty?
I think it's clear that Alpine have greatly exaggerated their investment in Oscar. It's also been confirmed that they literally had nothing lined up for him and, had Alonso gotten what he wanted, he'd have been left high and dry for another year.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Otmar has said some nice things about Daniel’s time at Renault. Sounds like he might be the front runner to replace Alonso.

https://apple.news/AOoX0X44ETD--i4F7kx6YDQ
"The team speak very highly of Daniel and his time here," he told Sky Sports F1 in the UK.

"We haven't had those strategic discussions yet. But everyone I speak to, the engineering team, they really speak highly of his skill as a driver and as a team motivator."
"In downforce we trust"

Big Tea

ringo wrote:
The only thing that rankles me slightly is the way he posted 'I will not be' to all rather than a quick text/ message to Alpine saying 'look guys, I am not'. It did make them look bad. Not what he did, but the way he presented it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Big Tea wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:11
ringo wrote:
The only thing that rankles me slightly is the way he posted 'I will not be' to all rather than a quick text/ message to Alpine saying 'look guys, I am not'. It did make them look bad. Not what he did, but the way he presented it.
I guess it was done as what could be a legal defence, a public refusal of the Alpine drive. Let’s also not forget, Alpine posted that without his consent, which shouldn’t be the case.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

ringo wrote:
The way Renault have treated drivers without loyalty, I’d say they had it coming. Prost, Piquet Jr, Palmer, Sainz Jr, Hulkenberg…. It’s a pretty long list.

ringo

Ground Effect wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 12:34
Big Tea wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:11
ringo wrote:
I guess it was done as what could be a legal defence, a public refusal of the Alpine drive. Let’s also not forget, Alpine posted that without his consent, which shouldn’t be the case.
Well Otmar's words from F1 website today:

"Very. I have seen both sides of the argument and we are confident that Oscar signed with us back in November and there are certain things that need to be in the contract and I’m confident they’re in there,” said Szafnauer.

“I rarely like to talk about details of driver contracts but two things I can say: one, there was no ‘by the 31st of July you have to do some things or therefore you can get on’ – there’s none of that. That 31st of July deadline that I read all the time is fictitious, it’s not in the contract that he signed.

“And the term of the contract, it is through 2024 with an option at the end of ’23. So I’ll just say those things, but there’s a lot more in there. Like I said, I don’t really like to talk about specifics,” explained the Alpine boss.
“I told Oscar before the announcement was made, he happened to be in the simulator so I went and found him, he smiled and was thankful, so we made the release very quickly.

“Things happen very quickly… and we too reacted quickly and didn’t want to go back and forth with his management, which is why we put the release out.”

Asked when he found out that Piastri would be disputing Alpine’s press release, Szafnauer replied: “So, we heard through social media.”

Now... I maintain that the team has professionals in it and they must have dotted all their i's and crossed their t's before they made an announcement and they did. And Oscar the snake sat there in the similator and smiled.
So I really do wonder if some fans just want to support the underdog or just automatically go against the team because Alonso left it so they must be a bad team.
Alpine is the loyal one here. Spending millions on this kid and securing his career through to 2024. Many out there would have liked this opportunity. I feel Webber has miaguided this young man and he is doing a poor job of management. He is probably using his poor experiences of the past to make some of these very bitter moves for the young driver.
For Sure!!