2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

El Scorchio wrote:
26 May 2021, 20:57
Sieper wrote:
26 May 2021, 20:30
I dont dislike mercedes, nor Hamilton. I am a bit more for the RBR style, bit less corporate, and with (slightly) less money, not wanting that strangle hold (but that might be a matter of perspective) and Ofcourse obviously I am a fan of Max. But I am also a fan of Hamilton’s driving. And sometimes of his talks too.

The race was “boring” but tactically there was a lot going on of which I was, or felt, acutely aware.

The Merc videos are usually too coloured by window dressing. Mostly in small ways. But still.
Sorry -should clarify that. I didn't mean you specifically as an individual, just you as in as in 'if one doesn't like Mercedes.'
No worries, I didn’t take that personal, but I did use it as an invite to state my own personal view. Which gave Phil a chance to ridicule me, so we are all better off! :D

PhillipM
PhillipM

Ah, so only one person is allowed to state their personal view. Okay ;)

e30ernest
e30ernest

I feel the RBR team has grown more "corporate" over the years. They were fresh when they first entered F1, a very different feeling team. Merc on the other hand reminds me of a Silicon Valley startup.

ispano6

Please, this is the RedBull team thread. RedBull is a brand company that raises and sponsors elite athletes of top tier sporting categories.

RedBull Powertrains is the new startup of F1.

Sieper

PhillipM wrote:
27 May 2021, 01:36
Ah, so only one person is allowed to state their personal view. Okay ;)
Everybody is, you are welcome to also share yours, just the “bit amusing” makes me feel like mine is a bit on the stupid side. Which I don’t agree with. But that is the issue with stupid people, they don’t know that they are. So that might be just down to me.

godlameroso

To be honest there's nothing wrong with Red Bull. They're outside the box thinkers, and at the same time they're also very disciplined, they're serious. The language of the team is forged by their culture, you don't see them boasting this or that, that's my job, I have nothing to do with Red Bull or Honda other than drinking Red Bull and driving Hondas. They're not out there boasting, people just talk on their behalf because they see the seriousness and the intent.

McLaren thought they were too good for Honda, and Honda just kept at it, they just kept plugging away with full intent. They took a chance with Toro Rosso, and Red Bull saw the determination and intent, and the progress, and took a chance. The two share a very similar mindset, they know they can't win politically, they know they can only win on track, so they just work and work to be the best on track in every conceivable way because they know what they're up against.

They're the underdogs with finally a chance to take the crown from Superman. It won't be easy, it's incredibly difficult to win in F1 especially against such fierce competitors. How can you dislike such a group? Because the lead driver has a certain amount of swagger and self confidence? Is it not EARNED?!

Hamilton's swagger is absolutely EARNED 7x over, and in contention for an 8th, and here is the reject Honda, and the out of the box thinking of Newey, and the just frank straightforwardness of the team, who is doing everything it can to be a serious competitor giving him a run for his money.

This is a titanic battle if there ever were one, and here were are bickering with each other instead of just enjoying the show, it's insane to me, but what do I know.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

Max during the Monaco GP weekend.

Behind The Charge | A Monaco Grand Prix To Remember For Max Verstappen.
Join Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez and the rest of the Red Bull Racing Honda team over the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix as the Bulls aim to hit back in the fight for the championship.

Before the weekend, Prince Albert: "Max, as I told you before. Hope to see you on the podium, next to Charles Leclerc."
Max: "You mean Charles next to me." :)

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Last Wednesday Helmut Marko gave a German-language interview.
However, you can choose the desired language in "settings" after clicking on subtitles.

Known since the day before yesterday:
Currently, 13 grandstands x 3000 spectators will be allowed during the first game on 27 June on the Spielbergring, because each grandstand has its own entrance and exit.
After July 1, the second race is on July 4, unlimited spectators are allowed, provided they can show a negative test or vaccination proof.

The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
30 May 2021, 09:55
However, you can choose the desired language in "settings" after clicking on subtitles.

Currently, 13 grandstands x 3000 spectators will be allowed during the first game on 27 June on the Spielbergring, because each grandstand has its own entrance and exit.
After July 1, the second race is on July 4, unlimited spectators are allowed, provided they can show a negative test or vaccination proof.

Great news. Funny how the rules will change substantially in one week between races though.

Wouter

El Scorchio wrote:
30 May 2021, 11:20
Wouter wrote:

Great news. Funny how the rules will change substantially in one week between races though.
The rules in Austria were fixed until the end of June: A maximum of 3000 people during outdoor activities.
Now that things are improving, it will no longer be 3000 as of 1 July, but an unlimited number.
Too bad the first race is just at the end of June.
The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

Wouter wrote:
That's good to know, planning on visiting a motogp race in august so there should be no issues with covid related stuff. Excellent.

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
30 May 2021, 12:12
El Scorchio wrote:
30 May 2021, 11:20
Wouter wrote:

The rules in Austria were fixed until the end of June: A maximum of 3000 people during outdoor activities.
Now that things are improving, it will no longer be 3000 as of 1 July, but an unlimited number.
Too bad the first race is just at the end of June.
Well at least one out of two is better than zero I suppose.

Wouter

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/motoren-fabrik- red-bull-personal-pruefstaende-plaene/

Red Bull Powertrains setzt den Aufbau seiner neuen Motorenfabrik unbeirrt fort. Der Rennstall ordert sieben Prüfstände
und wird am Ende zwischen 300 und 350 Leute beschäftigen. Rund 50 werden von Mercedes kommen.
The construction of the engine factory on the campus of the racing team in Milton Keynes is in full swing. Horner reveals that they have already ordered seven test stands. In addition, there are facilities and tools from the British Honda branch just around the corner. These are mainly test equipment and production machines for the electrical components of the drive.

The recruiting of the team is also progressing. Many employees from the Honda branch simply change the address of their workplace. The "poaching" of HPP, the engine manufacturer of the World Cup opponent Mercedes, is more delicate. Six names have already been communicated.

Six more transfers are a done deal, according to information from the Mercedes warehouse. That is confirmed by Red Bull. Horner believes that around 50 Brixworth employees will switch sides by the end of the hiring process.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

I highly recommend this video to anyone interested in RB's philosophy and Christian's drive.

The Power of Dreams!

BMMR61

Horner’ s 50 Brixworth employees poached is probably a wind up. Christian never misses an opportunity to try to get under Toto’s skin. 😂