2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MrGapes

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

With sprint races I hope this doesn’t hamper our competitiveness and a track like Monza.. with our straight line speed would of been a great qualifying

Macklaren
Macklaren

On the other hand, Monza qualifying is usually a farce with the slipstream shenanigans....so maybe a good idea for that track. They will almost certainly do it in Silverstone as well

mclaren111

Mclaren:
Where Portimão differs from Imola and Bahrain – which have preceded it this season – is that it has more slow- and medium-speed corners. With the field so tight, we might see a slightly different pecking order this weekend. Cars that are particularly strong in lower-speed corners, might perform better in Portugal than they have in Imola and Bahrain.

Let's hope we've made progress in this area...

Emag
Emag

Yeah, I don't expect amazing things in Portimao. I would be surprised if they are better than Ferrari here.

CjC
CjC

Yea I think Ferrari will edge this one but we should still be in Q3, the final corner and huge straight will play into our hands a bit
Just a fan's point of view

_cerber1

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

I like the approach from the team in regards to extending development for the this year’s car... If the updates show a lot of promise, then let’s do it... If a lot of work is needed to make the next step, then move to 2022.

It will be very tempting for the team to continue to push the MCL35M based on the good results at the beginning of the season, but it is more important to start 2022 with a solid base.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Quite disappointed Montreal got cancelled, I feel it would have been strong track for us this year.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McFAN
McFAN

"Lando Norris: Assessing the growing momentum behind a rising F1 star after a storming start to 2021"

https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/3 ... rt-to-2021

mwillems

CjC wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 14:12
Yea I think Ferrari will edge this one but we should still be in Q3, the final corner and huge straight will play into our hands a bit
I'm going open minded, the car seems to have surprised in Imola, a track we thought would not play to its strengths.

Now watch us get trounced, but I'm hoping the car turns out to be fairly well rounded and competitive on most tracks.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

haza
haza

Look at last year how many times we performed well at tracks we weren’t expected to

Xero

How well the team went at Imola suggests last year might not be an accurate measuring stick. Although, I am particularly excited about Monza this year.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Some interesting statements from Zak in regards to the current health of F1 and his views about the future... Seems odd for it come out without any context and there are a couple of jabs thrown, which makes me wonder what triggered the need for it:

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/zak ... ue-change/

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Xero wrote:How well the team went at Imola suggests last year might not be an accurate measuring stick. Although, I am particularly excited about Monza this year.
The weather could play against Mclaren this weekend, it is expected to be windy during both Qualifying and the Race and it is something that has had a negative effect more often than not for the team.

CjC
CjC

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 16:48
Some interesting statements from Zak in regards to the current health of F1 and his views about the future... Seems odd for it come out without any context and there are a couple of jabs thrown, which makes me wonder what triggered the need for it:

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/zak ... ue-change/

Surely a reaction to the sprint vote?
I know teams unanimously voted for them but you can imagine there were compromises made between some of the teams, FIA and liberty media. He might feel there was scope to improve the sprint idea but no doubt felt resistance from Merc and Red Bull who then used their influence on their ‘partners’ to sway things into their favour, no doubt the lack reversing the grid or top 10 was one of their influences as it’s not in their interest to start 10th or lower....
Just a fan's point of view