2024 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 05 - 07

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Chuckjr

Re: 2024 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 05 - 07

Horrendous, just horrendous showing from Ferrari. That’s just sad to see from where they started. Fred, you’re going the wrong way. McLaren passed Ferrari, and now of all teams Merc has surpassed them. Considering where Merc was, and where Ferrari is now, is a put the fork down moment. No team should still be struggling this badly to heat the tires. I feel the same way about tires as porpoising. These things should be well under control by now. Come on. Lewis must be VERY nervous in what he has done. Ferrari needs some Newey pixy dust in a bad way.

Checo is an embarrassment. Absolute embarrassment. Shameful he is still racing and look at the mess he is making of a race winning car. Shake my head. He again not only has destroyed his own race, but yet again exposed the underfloor of the Red Bull for all the world to see. I’m convinced at this point his driving buffoonery over the course of this Bernoulli formula F1 has aided in the Red Bull car now being surpassed in many ways by Macca and Merc. Just pathetic work from a joker pilot. He is consistently compromising the team which inevitably will lead to Red Bull needlessly losing hundreds of millions in prize money, and thus the team members tens of thousands in bonuses. There is no excuse for what Horner is doing. Poor, poor leadership. He is destroying the team. Checo should resign for the good of the team. The car is over his head. I’ve been saying that since early in the year.

McLaren, well done. Surprised Merc got both the papaya cars, but they did. Norris has some work to do to tomorrow and should use King George’s obsession to beat Lewis at any cost, to his advantage. If he is smart and Macca figure a good strategy, Norris can win this.

Mercedes. Wow. Wow. Well done. 1-2 at Silverstone. Hats off to Toto who has been able to steer this team out of the turd pod abyss. I personally thought he was done. So gotta hand it to the guy, he’s lost many engineers, but has pulled off a front row at home field in 2024. Damn.

Incredible work from Mr. Saturday. The real question will be if he can hold it together tomorrow. Losing focus over a race is one of his glaring weaknesses, so can he get the job done? He’s also pretty mad about beating Lewis no matter the cost, so he’s gotta find a way to keep it in his pants. Car must be good if his mate can put it on the front row alongside, so Merc should win this tomorrow…unless George just can’t contain it.

Well done to team Mercedes. What a comeback. I’m impressed.

Congrats to all British fans. Front row and then some with home teams at home field. That’s something to be proud of.
Watching F1 since 1986.

PlatinumZealot

dren wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:39
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:30
Bill wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:22
good results for merc Toto should stop obsessing about driver lineup and focus on car .the drivers he has are good enough they can deliver if the car is good.they are no super drivers or human
I'm now a bit concered that Ferrari is going backwards. People hailed Vasseur as the return of the saint, but really it's still down to how good the engineers are once given the resources. Ferrari worryingly is still porpoising. I hope the find something over the summer break.
Yeah, frankly I'm surprised at their performance. I expected them to be where Mercedes is now. I didn't think Mercedes would claw back the performance as quickly as they have.
The thing with Mercedes is the quality of their chassis and suspension guys is still top line. Their aero was not up to scratch at the start of this era but the underlying light weight chassis and awesome suspension was still there. It took them two and half years but now that they have figured out how to get the rear wing working, the floor working, and finally the front wing working as a proper G-effect car they appear to be properly competitive.

On the other hand the Ferrari seems to be "brute forcing" it's way through it's aerodynamic steps. Fast put the doors, there about in some tracks, but still a car fraught with issues that show up incertain tracks. For me, I can only be confident when the Ferrari is working on all track types and weather conditions. They still need to sort things out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

“We were from a potential point of view in position to get pole,” said McLaren team boss Andrea Stella. “But we didn’t put it together.

“Conditions in the first sector were a bit tricky. Lando had oversteer into Turn 3 and Turn 4. But we were gaining time and were ahead compared to our previous run - then there was a moment at Becketts. On data, we look pretty much on par with Mercedes over the lap.”
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/mark ... e-f1-pole/
A lion must kill its prey.

PlatinumZealot

Matt2725 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:10
There's a lot of LH fans who really can't get it through their head that GR might be that good.

Weird.
It's an inside joke. We know he's good.

All the same, he will be eaten alive by lewis in his beast mode... And lets not forget about the devastating purple patch after summer break... It's far from over. Can George maintain his Q advatnage? We will see....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

RacePaceDemon

Chuckjr wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 21:52
Horrendous, just horrendous showing from Ferrari. That’s just sad to see from where they started. Fred, you’re going the wrong way. McLaren passed Ferrari, and now of all teams Merc has surpassed them. Considering where Merc was, and where Ferrari is now, is a put the fork down moment. No team should still be struggling this badly to heat the tires. I feel the same way about tires as porpoising. These things should be well under control by now. Come on. Lewis must be VERY nervous in what he has done. Ferrari needs some Newey pixy dust in a bad way.

Checo is an embarrassment. Absolute embarrassment. Shameful he is still racing and look at the mess he is making of a race winning car. Shake my head. He again not only has destroyed his own race, but yet again exposed the underfloor of the Red Bull for all the world to see. I’m convinced at this point his driving buffoonery over the course of this Bernoulli formula F1 has aided in the Red Bull car now being surpassed in many ways by Macca and Merc. Just pathetic work from a joker pilot. He is consistently compromising the team which inevitably will lead to Red Bull needlessly losing hundreds of millions in prize money, and thus the team members tens of thousands in bonuses. There is no excuse for what Horner is doing. Poor, poor leadership. He is destroying the team. Checo should resign for the good of the team. The car is over his head. I’ve been saying that since early in the year.

McLaren, well done. Surprised Merc got both the papaya cars, but they did. Norris has some work to do to tomorrow and should use King George’s obsession to beat Lewis at any cost, to his advantage. If he is smart and Macca figure a good strategy, Norris can win this.

Mercedes. Wow. Wow. Well done. 1-2 at Silverstone. Hats off to Toto who has been able to steer this team out of the turd pod abyss. I personally thought he was done. So gotta hand it to the guy, he’s lost many engineers, but has pulled off a front row at home field in 2024. Damn.

Incredible work from Mr. Saturday. The real question will be if he can hold it together tomorrow. Losing focus over a race is one of his glaring weaknesses, so can he get the job done? He’s also pretty mad about beating Lewis no matter the cost, so he’s gotta find a way to keep it in his pants. Car must be good if his mate can put it on the front row alongside, so Merc should win this tomorrow…unless George just can’t contain it.

Well done to team Mercedes. What a comeback. I’m impressed.

Congrats to all British fans. Front row and then some with home teams at home field. That’s something to be proud of.
Whilst Toto brought him back, I think you'll find that James Allison is responsible for their comeback. I maintain that he's a genius on the level of newey. I wish he didn't have a ferrari past so he could go with Hamilton.
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

RacePaceDemon

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:01
Matt2725 wrote:
There's a lot of LH fans who really can't get it through their head that GR might be that good.

Weird.

All the same, he will be eaten alive by lewis in his beast mode... And lets not forget about the devastating purple patch after summer break... It's far from over. Can George maintain his Q advatnage? We will see....
What's a purple patch?
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

PlatinumZealot

RacePaceDemon wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:03
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Matt2725 wrote:

Weird.

What's a purple patch?
When everything seems to work out well for someone and their success is undeniable.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

RacePaceDemon

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:08
RacePaceDemon wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:03
PlatinumZealot wrote:

What's a purple patch?
When everything seems to work out well for someone and their success is undeniable.
I see. I hope it's coming, quali hasn't been fun this year.

organic

Well every time Lewis does well people talk about him going beast mode.. then Russell puts a string of good performances together again. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Russell can have back to back victories perhaps?

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Matt2725 wrote:

Weird.

What arrogance, what toxicity.
Last edited by SchuMassa on 06 Jul 2024, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

I watched the Vs onboard. A couple of things are pretty clear. Firstly, George's car is accelerating better on the straights, vs Lewis who catches up under braking and in slower speed turns. So deffinitely slight differences in downforce settings. The second thing I notice is that Lewis car seem to lose rear grip in the last sector. More rear sliding and less traction. It think it was either the wind or he is stressing the rear tyres too much with the balance that allows him to brake so hard. A few front wing dials out and he should be fine for the race. I don't see George staying in front for the mong run because of those two things.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Matt2725
Matt2725

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Matt2725 wrote:

Weird.

I'll take that and say that George has the measure of Hamilton at this point.
GR can handle LH in his "beast mode" IMO.

Sevach
Sevach

Matt2725 wrote:

Weird.
You see the difference in behaviour after they spent years saying Bottas was "good".

CHT
CHT

organic wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:11
Well every time Lewis does well people talk about him going beast mode.. then Russell puts a string of good performances together again. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Russell can have back to back victories perhaps?
I dont think Merc has the race pace to win tomorrow, the race will likely to be between LH and GR.

Luscion
Luscion

CHT wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 01:51
organic wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:11
I dont think Merc has the race pace to win tomorrow, the race will likely to be between LH and GR.
Will be interesting to see, interview i saw of Lando after quali he was saying he has no clue if they're faster than Merc in race pace, idk if he's since done another interview saying otherwise and rain could help them, things change a lot of england but rn forecast is 66% chance of rain 4hrs before the race, 71% chance when the race is scheduled to start.