Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Re: 2009 Ferrari

Rob W wrote:
Conceptual wrote:In the mean time, more pics!
I took the liberty of making a small adjustment to your design Conceptual. Tell me what you think.
One of the best thing I've seen on this forum.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

andartop
andartop

Re: Ferrari F60

As far as Ferrari's KERS development is concerned, well, it all started by Ferrari themselves, when they admitted they are behind their rivals, but it was mostly "paddock observers" and "forum opinionists" who almost wrote Ferrari off the Championship because of their KERS long before the season even started.. So, taking for granted that you can never trust the teams' statements at this time of year (otherwise Honda and DC would have been multiple Champions by now!) I guess there might be more fish out there other than sharks.. (oh all right, sharks are not fish..) I think it would be wise to just wait and see what happens in the actual races before reaching any conclusions.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

djos

I strongly suspect Ferrari where just sandbagging with their KERS statements.
"In downforce we trust"

Motley
Motley

Henning
Henning

andartop wrote:...it all started by Ferrari themselves, when they admitted they are behind their rivals...
Are you sure they said they are behind their rivals? I thought they just said they are "behind". Maybe their KERS works fine, but they want it to be super-super-great, so they are in their eyes "behind".

I may be wrong though.

Conceptual
Conceptual

Motley wrote:Image
Now THAT is a sexxxy ass car!

Conceptual
Conceptual

modbaraban wrote:I agree with Conceptual. That livery needs some more work. :) Besides, can they really program the SECU so that the engine could make that 'nom-nom-nom' when you lift the throttle?
I didn't save the model, or else I would add those changes and post it... lol

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

In most ways, the new car appears relatively attractive. Of course the reds and yellows help a lot. But sadly, whenever my eyes roam over this new Ferrari, they are drawn to the section below the airbox, that horrible pinch in the bodywork. Reminds me very much of a sway back horse.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

djos

Motley wrote:Image
Yuck! rear wing is too low and the front wing is not low enuf!

At least the widths are correct tho. :roll:
"In downforce we trust"

donskar
donskar

Re: 2009 Ferrari

On topic:
donskar I was under the impression that Ferrari were having problems with their KERS system. Since when has this changed? and what has changed to bring about this..erm..change? (lol)
See this:
Even though just a few weeks ago Ferrari were doubting the development of their KERS system, the Italian team is now feeling much more upbeat and admits to much progress over the winter break. The Scuderia have been testing at Mugello all week long, and have had the new system in place and functioning. Both Kimi Raikkonen and his former race engineer, Chris Dyer, were present at the Tuscan circuit while testing the new F60.
Both days we had positive results with the KERS. The system works well like every other new part of the car," Raikkonen told Italian newspaper 'Gazzetta dello Sport'.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Shaddock

The tail pipes were illegal and have been modified since lauch spec.

"Ferrari have had to modify the exhaust exits on the side pods of the F60, as seen at its launch at Mugello earlier this month. In testing the length of the tailpipes has already been reduced. Under the original text of the 2009 technical regulations the Ferrari solution was legal. That changed following a later meeting of the Technical Working Group and FIA technical delegate Charlie Whiting, in which it was it was decided that exhaust tailpipes are considered part of the bodywork. With most aerodynamic appendages outlawed for 2009, the fear was that without the change teams may come up with tailpipe shapes designed specifically to have aerodynamic benefits. This has been seen (legally) on cars in the past - for example, the Ferrari F2003 GA had tall, thin tailpipes which acted as fins to better direct airflow towards the back of the car."

donskar
donskar

Shaddock wrote:The tail pipes were illegal and have been modified since lauch spec.

"Ferrari have had to modify the exhaust exits on the side pods of the F60, as seen at its launch at Mugello earlier this month. In testing the length of the tailpipes has already been reduced. Under the original text of the 2009 technical regulations the Ferrari solution was legal. That changed following a later meeting of the Technical Working Group and FIA technical delegate Charlie Whiting, in which it was it was decided that exhaust tailpipes are considered part of the bodywork. With most aerodynamic appendages outlawed for 2009, the fear was that without the change teams may come up with tailpipe shapes designed specifically to have aerodynamic benefits. This has been seen (legally) on cars in the past - for example, the Ferrari F2003 GA had tall, thin tailpipes which acted as fins to better direct airflow towards the back of the car."
Yet ANOTHER example of the FIA "favoring" Ferrari. :lol: LMAO

Got to admire Ferrari's efforts -- the tailpipe as an aero device. Ah well, American drag racers have used exhaust pipe as aero devices since the 1950s.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

blobslosak
blobslosak

Erm they changed the rules so that the Ferrari solution wasn't legal. How do you suppose that is favouring Ferrari?

Saribro
Saribro

It's called sarcasm.

blobslosak
blobslosak

Apologies. :oops: