Sauber C30 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dren

Re: Sauber C30 Ferrari

bot6 wrote:Got to love the fact that an F1 team is sponsored by a tequila brand... Drink and drive?
Sip and drive!
Honda!

Spencifer_Murphy

dren wrote:
bot6 wrote:Got to love the fact that an F1 team is sponsored by a tequila brand... Drink and drive?
Sip and drive!
Well Johnny Walker did sponsor Mclaren not so long ago. And I'm fairly certain various beer's have sponsored F1 teams in the past. Didn't one of them sponsor the Benetton's in '95. And I also recall (though I was not alive at this time) pictures of the Arrows A2 with branding from what I think was a brand of beer.

I guess as a society we're too politically correct now. Just because an alcohol company sponsors an F1 team doesn't mean they are encouraging drinking and driving. IMO its up to us as adults to make the right choices. Nothing wrong with a celebratory shot of Tequila following a race win :D

EDIT: Just to clarify, I wasn't attacking anyone or suggesting you are wrong etc. I understand the humour behind the comment, I was just making a general observation :)
Last edited by Spencifer_Murphy on 24 Mar 2011, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Francesc
Francesc

Crabbia
Crabbia

In that last photo the winglets attached to the wheel hub are insane. They really can't claim that is for cooling anymore...
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

raymondu999

Looks more like a hamster wheel now
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HungryHebbo
HungryHebbo

Their front suspension is mounted (to me anyway) incredibly low! Not sure if this has been mentioned before, I didn't see anything during a quick glance at previous pages.

Holm86

Lot of interesting things going on around the sidepods. Whats that small hole underneath the sidepod intake???

And whats going on with the small "chimney" ??

Francesc
Francesc

Holm86 wrote:Lot of interesting things going on around the sidepods. Whats that small hole underneath the sidepod intake???
KERS cooling I guess.
Last edited by Francesc on 24 Mar 2011, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

dren

Maybe the small hole is the intake and the chimney is the exhaust. KERS cooling maybe? I don't have a clue.
Honda!

Echo

Hi, I'm new, but have somebody mention about Sauber's f1 car is called C30 ? Isn't the same as Volvo C30?
:mrgreen:
Rich teams should only be allowed to win

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Echo wrote:Hi, I'm new, but have somebody mention about Sauber's f1 car is called C30 ? Isn't the same as Volvo C30?
Shhh ;)

We don't want to have to call it C30° Mexicano ;)
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

CyleB

Echo wrote:Hi, I'm new, but have somebody mention about Sauber's f1 car is called C30 ? Isn't the same as Volvo C30?
well you could look at it that way... i mean thats what FORD did when FERRARI named their new car the F150, however im sure Volvo would be glad to have their car mistaken for a race car
Look mama I'm going fast- Ricky Bobby

godlameroso

Owen.C93 wrote:
Shhh ;)

We don't want to have to call it C30° Mexicano ;)
LMAO! :lol:
Saishū kōnā

Echo

Shall we warn Mr.Sauber about it?
Rich teams should only be allowed to win

zgred