2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Maybe they try only the PU on Gasly to compare with old spec on Hartley (because he is already on the edge of penalties) and try to secure some points. And then Hartley will recieve it on France...

But with all of the negotiations with RBR, I think Honda must introduce at least one upgraded PU to show what they have

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 May 2018, 13:18
Maybe they try only the PU on Gasly to compare with old spec on Hartley (because he is already on the edge of penalties) and try to secure some points. And then Hartley will recieve it on France...

But with all of the negotiations with RBR, I think Honda must introduce at least one upgraded PU to show what they have
According to BBC, insiders already believe RB to Honda for 2019 is as good as done. But I agree with you, if one car gets an upgrade, it'll be Gasly's.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Talisman
Talisman

GhostF1 wrote:
28 May 2018, 10:51
restless wrote:
28 May 2018, 10:36
Gasly to RedBull, Max to TR ...

Kvyat was demoted to TR and burned away for much less .... but nationality&connections are king in F1
I can't imagine Red Bull thinking of demoting Max. Especially with Daniel being a little uncertain. They'd hardly want a driver overhaul.
I think Gasly will do another spell at TR in 2019. Hartley's form is trending upwards. I think he'll stay though. I can't imagine he will be chucked out for the likes of Wehrlein or similar. There are other qualities other than just on track performance that a team would be looking for and I bet Hartley has spades of those.
If Ricciardo bolts then I'm sure it would be between Sainz and Gasly for his seat. That would be too close to call IMO, both are fantastic drivers. Hartley would probably stay for another season, there aren't enough Red Bull jr drivers to fill that space at the moment.

Big Tea

Talisman wrote:
28 May 2018, 15:56
GhostF1 wrote:
28 May 2018, 10:51
restless wrote:
28 May 2018, 10:36
Gasly to RedBull, Max to TR ...

Kvyat was demoted to TR and burned away for much less .... but nationality&connections are king in F1
I can't imagine Red Bull thinking of demoting Max. Especially with Daniel being a little uncertain. They'd hardly want a driver overhaul.
I think Gasly will do another spell at TR in 2019. Hartley's form is trending upwards. I think he'll stay though. I can't imagine he will be chucked out for the likes of Wehrlein or similar. There are other qualities other than just on track performance that a team would be looking for and I bet Hartley has spades of those.
If Ricciardo bolts then I'm sure it would be between Sainz and Gasly for his seat. That would be too close to call IMO, both are fantastic drivers. Hartley would probably stay for another season, there aren't enough Red Bull jr drivers to fill that space at the moment.
But if they were to put their arm around Dan and say, .. Look Dan, you seem to be nervous of being made number two to Max. What if we were to 'let him go'? You fancy signing for 3 years then?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

[media]https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertFabreg ... 7881236481[/media]

Albert Fabrega says Honda upgraded PU is ready for Canadá right now... And from what he says, only one car will take it at the moment... :shock:

RZS10

Given that Gasly has been using his unit since Bahrain and Hartley just got a new engine in Spain it only makes sense to have a new one for Gasly.

The previous spec was obviously fine reliability wise in Gasly's car so having one old and one new gives them the opportunity to compare them in proper conditions, not just the bench - especially since the STR is nothing but a test mule for RBR this year.

Whether this means they don't expect a huge jump in performance or not would be pure speculation.

etusch

RZS10 wrote:
28 May 2018, 22:02
Given that Gasly has been using his unit since Bahrain and Hartley just got a new engine in Spain it only makes sense to have a new one for Gasly.

The previous spec was obviously fine reliability wise in Gasly's car so having one old and one new gives them the opportunity to compare them in proper conditions, not just the bench - especially since the STR is nothing but a test mule for RBR this year.
+1

gdanielwesley
gdanielwesley

RZS10 wrote:Given that Gasly has been using his unit since Bahrain and Hartley just got a new engine in Spain it only makes sense to have a new one for Gasly.

Whether this means they don't expect a huge jump in performance or not would be pure speculation.
Redbull will want to know the reliability as well. If Gasley's unit survives Canada it would reach the target of 7 race weekends.. they don't need a top driver to find how much power the new unit is making , with access to str data, they can just find it from the straights..

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Hino
Hino

I read through one of the Japanese sites, rumor was Honda did test the new spec PU during in season test in Spain.

restless
restless

An interesting interview with Leclerc - he claims Hartley was intentionally slower than possible in mid part, holding Leclerc & Hulcenberg and thus making big enough gap for Gasley to pit&return ahead

Marti_EF3

Race pace

Stints compared

loner

restless wrote:
29 May 2018, 09:02
An interesting interview with Leclerc - he claims Hartley was intentionally slower than possible in mid part, holding Leclerc & Hulcenberg and thus making big enough gap for Gasley to pit&return ahead
so he crashed in him intentionally :mrgreen:
para bellum.

hasika
hasika

Hino wrote:
29 May 2018, 08:07
I read through one of the Japanese sites, rumor was Honda did test the new spec PU during in season test in Spain.
I think they didnt.Tanabe san denied it already.He said he would stay in Spain if there was a new spec PU to be tested,but he went to japan to have a meeting with the HRD members,so there was no new spec in the test.

HPD

:lol: It was the most surprising thing of the weekend. As he was moving away from Hulkenberg
Bottas admitted that he was surprised by the marathon 37-lap opening stint achieved by Pierre Gasly on the hypersofts.

"It was impressive how long [a] stint they could do with the hyper, so for sure they were doing something better than us with that tyre,"

rogazilla
rogazilla

I start to think Hartley needs to put a rabbit foot on his F1 car key chain...