2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
31 May 2024, 18:08
Things have recently become quieter about a switch from Max Verstappen to Mecredes. But after the Monaco GP, that could change again.

F1-Insider.com learned: Certain events in Monaco could lead to the three-time world champion becoming a "Silver Arrow" driver
next year.
This article is making a mountain out of a molehill. :lol: :lol:

bluechris

This will never happen guys. Who in his right of mind will go to a team in decline 3 years in a row?

Wouter

CaribouBread wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 15:28
Wouter wrote:
Things have recently become quieter about a switch from Max Verstappen to Mecredes. But after the Monaco GP, that could change again.

F1-Insider.com learned: Certain events in Monaco could lead to the three-time world champion becoming a "Silver Arrow" driver
next year.
Do you think? Wait and you will see. Max won't be staying at RBR when nothing changes.
The Power of Dreams!

erikejw
erikejw

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
29 May 2024, 07:22
So the Perez deal sounds as good as done. They are really going to do this. It blows my mind.

I would have rather signed Zhou. Safe pair of hands , brings money and sell a lot of Red Bull in China.
Signing Perez is a sign of stability for the team, it can be a sign that Verstappen is leaving. Peres is also the perfect benchmark to measure how good a new driver is compared to Verstappen.

madsonit
madsonit

bluechris wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 15:33
This will never happen guys. Who in his right of mind will go to a team in decline 3 years in a row?
In decline for a bit. But it seems they started to figure it out. Let’s not forget they learned so much in these 3 years that other teams didn’t. Rumors are the RB20 has sim correlation issues. Merc had all of that for 3 years and seems they got the hang of it. Also, Merc seem very bullish about their 2026 engine. James Allison said the team has “same feeling as right before 2014”. That doesn’t mean they will have the same advantage as 2014 but those are indeed big words. Merc learned so much with the Hypercar Project One and also in Formula E. All of that is going to play a big role in their 2026 engine which is 50% electric. Other teams don’t have that FE experience. Of course, doesn’t mean they will be top engine in 2026 but it means they have the highest chances of being that.

So I’d say let’s not rule out Verstappen at Merc in 2025. Even though personally I’d prefer Antonelli.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

This Youtube video nails it. This is a travesty. I am a fan of Red Bull but I will laugh when they wear this decision, week after week.

mzso
mzso

Sergej wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 09:02
I think RB remains the best option till end of 2025, Max is not stupid and knows it

from 2026 on it's a complete unknown, RB may struggle with their new engine and Mercedes may have the best PU again, but nobody knows at the moment; honestly, I feel that Ferrari will be the place to be for next regulation, but they already have their star (and it's not Lewis Hamilton); could be hard times for Max in 2026 and later.
When was the last time Ferrari ended up on top after a major regulation change? As long as I remember it was always a different team. McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes, and I think Williams and Brabham before.

I can only imagine it happening if they actually hire Newey who successfully deploys a culture of innovation there as well.
Otherwise my bet is on Red Bull. I'm not that optimistic for Mercedes. They started with a huge engine advantage in 2014 due to the neglect of the competition, and dragged it out as long as possible, meanwhile they could afford to put massive amounts of money in aero development.
Now there's a cost cap. The importance of ingenuity increased a lot.

mzso
mzso

CaribouBread wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 15:28
Wouter wrote:

next year.
A likely imaginary molehill at that. :)

Sergej
Sergej

mzso wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 10:14
Sergej wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 09:02
I think RB remains the best option till end of 2025, Max is not stupid and knows it

from 2026 on it's a complete unknown, RB may struggle with their new engine and Mercedes may have the best PU again, but nobody knows at the moment; honestly, I feel that Ferrari will be the place to be for next regulation, but they already have their star (and it's not Lewis Hamilton); could be hard times for Max in 2026 and later.
When was the last time Ferrari ended up on top after a major regulation change? As long as I remember it was always a different team. McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes, and I think Williams and Brabham before.

I can only imagine it happening if they actually hire Newey who successfully deploys a culture of innovation there as well.
Otherwise my bet is on Red Bull. I'm not that optimistic for Mercedes. They started with a huge engine advantage in 2014 due to the neglect of the competition, and dragged it out as long as possible, meanwhile they could afford to put massive amounts of money in aero development.
Now there's a cost cap. The importance of ingenuity increased a lot.
it's only a feeling obviously, in 2026 PU can be again a big differentiator and I think that Ferrari is now on top of it, they have capability to delivery the best engine; this of course is not enough, you also need good aero and mechanics, but here is where Newey can make the difference if they manage to hire him.

mzso
mzso

Sergej wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 12:16
it's only a feeling obviously, in 2026 PU can be again a big differentiator and I think that Ferrari is now on top of it, they have capability to delivery the best engine; this of course is not enough, you also need good aero and mechanics, but here is where Newey can make the difference if they manage to hire him.
Last time they blundered massively with the engine. I'd sooner expect Red Bull getting a jump on the competition.

Wouter

From the RBR IG story:

Perez a new contract??? 6:25 PM: (It is morning in Mexico atm)

The Power of Dreams!

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

It would be amazing if they manage to sign Checo again considering how poorly Red Bull performed last two races. I’d though for sure Checo would move to a better team.

Edit: it’s probably just a pride addition to the livery to show they care

Xyz22
Xyz22

https://x.com/redbullracing/status/1797969061156212790

Perez renewal, i would say.
Strange decision by the way.

Wouter

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 14:37
https://x.com/redbullracing/status/1797969061156212790

Perez renewal, i would say.
Strange decision by the way.
Yes, a very strange decision if Perez stays! And Liam is free to go for 2025. Also a strange descision!

Announcement :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> :

Last edited by Wouter on 04 Jun 2024, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

franbatista123

It's a terrible decision if confirmed (IMO), unless they know something about the driver's market that we don't, which is likely of course.