2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Marko explains why Red Bull chose to go ahead with Perez after all

Helmut Marko previously spoke highly of Yuki Tsunoda, but, speaking to the Kleine Zeitung, explains why Red Bull
have chosen Perez after all.

Speaking to the Austrian outlet, Marko explained why Red Bull decided to extend the 34-year-old driver's contract after all:
"We wanted to ensure continuity and both drivers get along fine. There are simply no conflicts," the Austrian stated.

"Checo is hugely popular in Latin America. We sell more merchandise of him there than of Verstappen.
And when he (Perez) has his phase, he is almost unbeatable," the Red Bull adviser concluded.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/280602/m ... r-all.html
The Power of Dreams!

ME4ME

And when he (Perez) has his phase, he is almost unbeatable," the Red Bull adviser concluded.
Never to old to crack a joke :lol:

DDopey
DDopey

ME4ME wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 10:52
Never to old to crack a joke :lol:
It is not even far from the truth, we have seen that. But it is such a rare occurance.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 01:30
If one considers the historical trends, the Red Bull tends to drive poorly or have a bad balance (understeer) on these circuits:

Spain - understeer
Singapore - poor ride
Qatar - understeer
Mexico - understeer, bad ride in the esses.
Brazil - understeer
Austria - understeer

The drivers always seem to be happy here:

Canada
Hungary
Baku
Monza
Las Vegas
Silverstone
Spa
Zandvoort
COTA
Abu Dhabi

So that's my view. There are 6 more races where they are historically weak.
Their undesirable performance on bumpy circuits can't be due to suspension though? Surely it has to be something other than that. Cos rb suspension is probably the most pliable in the field this year.

TNTHead

Isnt it ride height increase leading to lower downforce and/or suboptimal tyre temperatures?

Wouter

TNTHead wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 13:17
Isnt it ride height increase leading to lower downforce and/or suboptimal tyre temperatures?
As far as I know Yes. That is why RBR doesn't want the ride height increase so they can ride the curbs.
The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

DDopey wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 08:43
Watto wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 06:30
With Perez I though they would be better to wait a little longer and see how form continues.
If he held up well in the 2nd half the season then I think Perez makes sense.
Maybe there is some performance clause in the contract, one can hope.
Maybe in a post about it was mentioned it’s a 1+1 year contract at the teams discretion maybe that implies a performance clause?

PlatinumZealot

They want a stable feedback for the new regulation cars more than likely. It actually makes sense not to put a new driver in for 2025 who would in effect screw up all the old feedbacl baseline Perez was giving.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Jurgen von Diaz

PlatinumZealot wrote:They want a stable feedback for the new regulation cars more than likely. It actually makes sense not to put a new driver in for 2025 who would in effect screw up all the old feedbacl baseline Perez was giving.
Haha, Pérez and car development. I wouldn't be surprised if Pérez's feedback is as valuable as Mick's data from the simulator James Vowles saw. Last season, Pérez struggled with new updates, so he asked for an older version of the car, which was, among other things, heavier than the newer one. Pérez surely can give feedback on how to make a slow car.

Wouter

Verstappen: Red Bull solutions to kerb-riding F1 issues not a quick fix

Max Verstappen thinks it will take time for Red Bull's Formula 1 team to deliver redesigned parts that will help cure its kerb-riding problems.
Jonathan Noble/Ronald Vording
Jun 7, 2024, 4:36 PM

"It takes time," he said. "It's you have to redesign things, you have to come up with different things on the car and that is a work in progress."

"It's been a problem since day one of the new regulations, and this is something that we know and we haven't been able to fix it yet," he said.

"I do think that after Monaco it gave us another wake-up call. We had a lot of good meetings at the factory and discussions where I feel like there's a bit more focus on that now, to try and improve that.

"I feel like, of course, with everyone catching up, naturally you can't rely on your advantage anymore, even though your kerb riding is bad or whatever. So it definitely needs to be fixed.

"But, yeah, it just takes a bit of time to really make let's say, big changes on the car, because some things, our design, might need to get redesigned or whatever. And you can't do that with the budget cap."

"But despite the limitations that Verstappen feels Red Bull will have to endure for a while, he does not sense the team's campaign is about to go off the rails.

"I still think that we can do a good job this year if everything works out," he said. "But at the moment, yeah, we have to try a few things, see what works best.

"And then, for sure, I think maybe some things will be different next year that maybe are a bit more difficult to let's say redesign this year. But I'm still hopeful and confident that we can do a better job already this year."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/verst ... /10620546/
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Helmut Marko:
"We have to focus all our attention on the 2024 world championship title. After three races, it looked so easy. But now it is clear that this is far from the case. That is why we really have to pool all our strengths."
"We have a problem, we have now finally noticed it. We will see when we find a solution. New parts will not be installed on the car until Barcelona." However, the weather in Canada could play into the hands of the world champion team. Unsettled weather with rain is forecast for the race weekend. A forecast that is positive. "In changing conditions, Max is a step above all the others. He doesn't need a warm-up phase at all in situations like this," says Marko, hoping for the odd raindrop.
https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/moto ... itel-sowas

Even if the Barcelona upgrade is good, and rumours are it's sizeable, the car still has big limitations at a lot of tracks. It will be a matter of track by track basis it seems. I'm assuming they won't be able to solve these ride issues until the RB21; Max and Marko have each said they don't know the timeline of solutions arriving to the car to deal with the ride problems

Sergej
Sergej

with a driver like Max, I think that having the best car in at least half of the circuits (I want to believe that tracks as bad as Monaco will be VERY few from now on) will be enough to win WDC; this is not 2023, target is not winning everywhere but winning where car is the best and get maximum points elsewhere, they'd better focus on bringing upgrades that maximize performance where they have scope to do it; it's even possible that this ride issue is not solvable due to the DNA of the car and its suspension, after all this was meant to be an area of improvement from RB19 to RB20 but here we go, we are breaking our heads in understanding which circuits will be favourable and which not :D

PlatinumZealot

Yes it should be enough. The other cars will be taking points of each other.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Luscion
Luscion

Allison suspects RB's upgrade at Imola didnt work as expected but thinks they'll be fine at tracks with decent range of cornering speeds

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... /10620670/

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Luscion wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 21:38
Allison suspects RB's upgrade at Imola didnt work as expected but thinks they'll be fine at tracks with decent range of cornering speeds

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... /10620670/

Allison has always been a bit of a sour wolf in sheep's clothing. Nothing more than an envious onlooker for the last few seasons. When asked about Red Bull's floor pictures from Monaco a few years back, he said it was not that impressive. :lol:

"I guess as soon as there's a decent range of cornering speeds, they'll be useful again, but it does look as if their upgrade was a downgrade," explained Allison at the Canadian Grand Prix about what he felt was going on at Red Bull.

"So, fingers crossed that would really mess them up.

Asked if seeing Red Bull fall back into the pack had given Mercedes a spark of excitement, Allison said: "Everyone always loves other people's misery in this game."
As the bolded sections illustrate, his perspective is not so credible. It's more so wishful thinking like the numbers coming out of his windtunnel in the last couple of years.