2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loekf2
loekf2

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

bosyber wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 16:32
Zynerji wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 14:40
etusch wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 14:10
2022 car concept with Redbull Honda livery

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRYu0g7IMsb ... =copy_link
The Alpha Tauri white hubcaps and front wheel deflector (can we call it the fender yet?) are my absolute favorite!
Yeah, that one looks good. I really hope the Red Bull do something interesting with their real nose, or reduce the amount of yellow by a lot, because that nose looks like a very big sausage kerb like this!
Alonso doesn't seem to believe it. Regulations are so tight. F1 is becomes a kind of F2+. All cars will look the same, no aero tricks.

bosyber
bosyber

Yeah, but the-race had heard from a few technical people that said theirs looked different enough to notice (though, yes, they probably look at details that we cannot always appreciate), even if Pat Fry in that Alpine interview that also had Alonso echoes much of what Alonso said.

cheeRS
cheeRS

Dominant

Wow, Verstappen almost 8 tenths ahead of Norris and Hamilton. We'll see what happens during Qualifying in a couple hours but it's looking extremely like a one horse race, like last time around.

THat RBR is looking untouchable.
Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.

TNTHead

Re: Dominant

cheeRS wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 17:21
Wow, Verstappen almost 8 tenths ahead of Norris and Hamilton. We'll see what happens during Qualifying in a couple hours but it's looking extremely like a one horse race, like last time around.

From the onboards it seems that the RB16B is on rails, or even not on the edge. Perez is more than a second off though, so I'll keep it that especially the RB16B/Max combo is in the sweet spot.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Norris didn't do a soft tyre run though either.

cheeRS
cheeRS

TNTHead wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 17:29
cheeRS wrote:

From the onboards it seems that the RB16B is on rails, or even not on the edge. Perez is more than a second off though, so I'll keep it that especially the RB16B/Max combo is in the sweet spot.
Exactly, Max has found the way to extract the maximum. He's got the skill and experience of 5-6 seasons in a newey/RedBull to really take it right to the limit and get every single 100th. Even with Perez experience in F1, he just doesnt have the miles under him in a RBR.
Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.

godlameroso

I imagine neither Verstappen or Hamilton got the cleanest of laps.

I'm glad it's this close. Hamilton was a second faster than Verstappen last year. It less than a tenth this year.

Everything to play for tomorrow and Sunday.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

It’s 2 on one even in the sprint race where you have no tactical options. I am not very confident. A dangerous situation to be in. This whole new concept, little points to lose making the stakes less.

godlameroso

I wonder if teams used asymmetrical setups. Front right grains a lot so maybe putting extra downforce on the front right will help with the understeer on left hand turns.
Saishū kōnā

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

cheeRS wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 18:41
TNTHead wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 17:29
cheeRS wrote:

Exactly, Max has found the way to extract the maximum. He's got the skill and experience of 5-6 seasons in a newey/RedBull to really take it right to the limit and get every single 100th. Even with Perez experience in F1, he just doesnt have the miles under him in a RBR.
Wow, this conversation really didnt age well. "On rails", "untouchable". P2. And that is in spite of Hamilton not even improving from q2 and losing the rear on his final q3 run. The gap could have been much bigger for Merc and Ham.

yener

Considering Mercedes only did race trims in FP1 and RBR was on low fuel optimizing for qualifying makes me concern even more.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

godlameroso

Still concerned?
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... QJmEo.html

Everything gained on the straights, either Mercedes got a power bump or they took some drag off the car. Perhaps it's a bit of both, Verstappen was faster in the slow corners, but Hamilton had more front axle left at the end of the lap. Verstappen lost it in corner entry to club.
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

At this point Perez is of no help to Verstappen nor to himself and his own championship aspirations. He's got to do better.

Wouter

=D> POLE POSITION!

The Power of Dreams!