2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

issey wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 12:58
Yes big update will come after the summer break:
There was lot of disappointments after the race in Hungary but few positives too. Krack & Alonso admitted for the first time that this is a least(or one of the) developed car on the grid & they have slipped to 5th fastest car.
I don't know if this 'Large' upgrade will propel them to podium positions or not but hope they have learned, how fast things can change in F1.Failure brings change & change is good.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 15:24
organic wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 12:41
Maybe some corrective measures for the Canada package too
Apparently it was already planned before the performance slump so no.
It doesn't say anything about perf.

Also they might be parts that complement the Canada updates. They mentioned floor and sidepods.

Those parts will still have been developed with the first half of the season's the wind tunnel time.

Only time will tell.

diffuser

I wonder if all the parts, since and including Canada, have come through the new carbon cookers?

Sources say they moved in in June and the Canadian GP was mid June... they were probably the last parts to have come out of the old plant.

ringo

It's almost as if Alonso jinxed the progress when he said begore Canada that only podiums from now and he will crush his rivals. Lol
The team have fell back massively.
For Sure!!

alonsofan
alonsofan

ringo wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 21:43
It's almost as if Alonso jinxed the progress when he said begore Canada that only podiums from now and he will crush his rivals. Lol
The team have fell back massively.
Lol. Alo would be the last person on this planet to want the progress to be jinxed.

alonsofan
alonsofan

Spa is going to be bloody painful to watch. A McLaren win might ease the pain to some extent for me.

alonsofan
alonsofan

Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 23:20
KimiRai wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 11:18
Alonso:

"2023 is a great learning year for Aston Martin because we have found a car that is above what we thought in terms of performance and we are not yet a team to be in the Champions League. We need more resources here, less there, another rate of evolution, maybe.

You have to strengthen the team in certain areas to be as big as Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull. It's a very interesting year in that regard, we can still grow as a team twice as fast as we thought thanks to the fact that the car is so strong.

We have postponed the decision of my continuity to the summer of 2024. If it were now the summer of next year, I would tell you that I am interested in seeing what happens in 2025, we are going to have a new wind tunnel at Aston Martin and there are things that are appealing, that are attractive, and I now feel strong and energetic. Traveling and training do not weigh me down, I am looking forward to it."
I believe he will most likely stay for 2026. The scope of his words feels to point that way among other things.
Hell stay even if next year's car is only as good as this year's. As long as he feels loved and respected in the team and he feels his opinion is being listened to. Unless ofc a no brainier seat turns up at rb or merc
Nothing serious. Just wishful thinking. He has Andrea Stella for him at McLaren :lol: :lol: :lol: . To be honest, this is his last team, nobody else will want him. I hope he wins with Aston, and by win, I mean the championship.

diffuser

alonsofan wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 21:55
Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 23:20
KimiRai wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 11:18
Alonso:

I believe he will most likely stay for 2026. The scope of his words feels to point that way among other things.
Hell stay even if next year's car is only as good as this year's. As long as he feels loved and respected in the team and he feels his opinion is being listened to. Unless ofc a no brainier seat turns up at rb or merc
Nothing serious. Just wishful thinking. He has Andrea Stella for him at McLaren :lol: :lol: :lol: . To be honest, this is his last team, nobody else will want him. I hope he wins with Aston, and by win, I mean the championship.
Audi and Cadillac keep making noise that they would be happy to have him.

I presume Andretti/Cadillac is gonna be the 11th team that they're getting ready to announce.

peewon

alonsofan wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 21:52
Spa is going to be bloody painful to watch. A McLaren win might ease the pain to some extent for me.
RB will be unstoppable with a long straight.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 22:51
alonsofan wrote:
That isn't the painful part. I'd welcome that if AMR was gonna be close. Ironically, the Canada upgrades have made AMR stronger on rhe fast speed corners than the slower speed corner tracks like Hungry. I have no idea what to expect, just that it will not be a podium.

Hopefully in the points....

peewon

diffuser wrote:
26 Jul 2023, 01:28
peewon wrote:
alonsofan wrote:
That isn't the painful part. I'd welcome that if AMR was gonna be close. Ironically, the Canada upgrades have made AMR stronger on rhe fast speed corners than the slower speed corner tracks like Hungry. I have no idea what to expect, just that it will not be a podium.

Im not even that sure about the fast corners improvement. They were losing massive amounts in the final turn at Hungary although that might classify as medium speed. They're only good in 1st, 2nd gear, 90 deg type corners. Canada has no long, sweeping high speed corners. They're either slow chicanes or slightly elongated 90deg turns. That's why they were stronger. Austria also has a lot of 90deg corners and they were better.

Ferrari is actually similar to them in characteristics but since they have sorted their tyre wear, they are quicker. They struggled at Silverstone. They're not gonna be competitive in Spa either. The car needs fundamental changes before they can compete for podiums again. I think Mclaren will be hard to catch. Merc might be too but Ferrari is more gettable I feel.

alonsofan
alonsofan

peewon wrote:
26 Jul 2023, 04:44
diffuser wrote:
peewon wrote:

Im not even that sure about the fast corners improvement. They were losing massive amounts in the final turn at Hungary although that might classify as medium speed. They're only good in 1st, 2nd gear, 90 deg type corners. Canada has no long, sweeping high speed corners. They're either slow chicanes or slightly elongated 90deg turns. That's why they were stronger. Austria also has a lot of 90deg corners and they were better.

Ferrari is actually similar to them in characteristics but since they have sorted their tyre wear, they are quicker. They struggled at Silverstone. They're not gonna be competitive in Spa either. The car needs fundamental changes before they can compete for podiums again. I think Mclaren will be hard to catch. Merc might be too but Ferrari is more gettable I feel.
Did you forget about Williams? If Alpine brings some updates, then they will also be in the mix.

alonsofan
alonsofan

Field is so close this year

peewon

alonsofan wrote:
26 Jul 2023, 05:08
peewon wrote:
26 Jul 2023, 04:44
diffuser wrote:

Did you forget about Williams? If Alpine brings some updates, then they will also be in the mix.
Williams is actually on a pretty good trajectory. Just that they started from a such a ways back. Not too concerned about Alpine although theyre pretty close in pace.

604gtir
604gtir

Just from my observation, i could be way off, but since the introduction of the new tire, the AMR has no front end. The braking performance, turn in seem to be gone. It feels like they have compromised rear end setup to give it turn in and given up that excellent rear traction they had at the start of the year. And due to this they've lost their ability to manage tire temps.