2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

N21 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 12:11
Something for discussion:

If you compare Lewis’ move on Leclerc in Copse in lap 50, to me it seems that Lewis actually hits the apex this time and Leclerc (apart from him oversteering at the exit) is driving the exact same line as Max in lap 1.

Lewis goes to comment that Leclerc showed him the respect that Lewis thinks he deserves while max didn’t. That to me is quite contradictory.

I’m obviously a Verstappen fan but with this I want to look at it objectively. Also I haven’t been able to find 1 single video with the comparison of lap 1 and lap 50. What are your thoughts?
Hamilton went in way too hot into that corner, the only way Max would've "shown him respect" is backing out completely or going on the outside kerb through the entire corner to roll the red carpet for Hamilton to go past

diffuser

Ryar wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 12:25
N21 wrote:

If you compare Lewis’ move on Leclerc in Copse in lap 50, to me it seems that Lewis actually hits the apex this time and Leclerc (apart from him oversteering at the exit) is driving the exact same line as Max in lap 1.

Lewis goes to comment that Leclerc showed him the respect that Lewis thinks he deserves while max didn’t. That to me is quite contradictory.

I’m obviously a Verstappen fan but with this I want to look at it objectively. Also I haven’t been able to find 1 single video with the comparison of lap 1 and lap 50. What are your thoughts?
My thoughts. Stop listening to Lewis. :wink:
Yeah, I agree. This is an opinion shared by more drivers than just Lewis. I am sure if the tables were reversed, Max would have done the same. He has done the same.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

seense
seense

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:16
Yeah, I agree. This is an opinion shared by more drivers than just Lewis. I am sure if the tables were reversed, Max would have done the same. He has done the same.

Yes he has done the same, but also apologised when he sent someone spinning. Vettel, China and Ricciardo, Hungary.

diffuser

seense wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:23
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:16

Yes he has done the same, but also apologised when he sent someone spinning. Vettel, China and Ricciardo, Hungary.

I don't agree with that kind of racing, I think it's dangerous. I agree with always having to leaving space. In my mind this stuff always escalates. Clearily Hamilton was going in with the mindset that he wasn't gonna back down. That's not on Max or Hamilton. It's on F1 for not having rules that are very clear and enforicng them in consistant manner.

Sieper

Max has twice done it in his whole career. Lewis twice to Albon alone, forget even about Max. With Vettel he was making a dumb mistake there in China (by the way, I hated that Hamilton did “not show respect” to Max in that very race and had a small twitch causing Max to leave the track as to not collide with Ham when Max tried to overtake him on the outside with his brand new tires after Mercedes did not do the pit under VSC. And in Hungary on Ric. In Hungary ric waved the finger, while Max was totally locked up, a clear mistake. Lewis was not locked up yesterday. Max did not wave him the finger even after being dumped in to the wall with 51g. Only after Lewis did nothing to acknowledge his own role (he actively shifted the blame rather) and didn’t care for Max at all he gave a reply.

To me Max is much more mature than Lewis. I found it mean how Lewis played it.

1m0bius1
1m0bius1

After the crash do you think they will be able to salvage anything from the engine. (Looks highly unlikely).

If thats the case seems they need to incur some penalties for new PU at some point.

Wouter

N21 wrote:

Image .... Image
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 16:20
N21 wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6no0WLWQAA ... me=360x360 .... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6nox26XMAM ... me=360x360
As I said everytime he is plain liar and doesn't show respect to anything ( including his team, remember what he said to his team when things go wrong for him ) while make up himself as if he has very good personality.

N21
N21

Wouter wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 16:20
N21 wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6no0WLWQAA ... me=360x360 .... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6nox26XMAM ... me=360x360
Thanks! That is exactly the side by side I was looking for. If anything, Max gave Lewis more space than Leclerc. Surprising that this comparison hasn’t made it to Sky (or Ziggo) analyses

Also annoying: Merc AMG IG has posted 15+ pictures of their victory in separate posts. I guess they are not used to winning anymore

AMG.Tzan

That was a racing incident! Both Hamilton and Verstapen could have avoided contact, yet none of them did! You can't just blame one of them since both were way too aggressive! It was bound to happen...

When comparing Lewis's moves on Leclerc and Max you have to remember that on the straight before Copse Leclerc kept to the left of the road (racing line) while Max moved to the middle of the track and Lewis had to go fully to the right (close to the wall) to pass him! You don't need to have a high iQ level to understand that when a driver is fully on the inside of the track, he will just understeer to the outside! Max had a 35 point lead right there and way more to lose than Lewis...he should have let more space and "live to fight another day" as Lewis says!

My question now is...how will this accident affect the rest of the championship? If the chassis or the engine or both need changing then Red Bull will lose both, a lot of money in terms of the budget cap and they'll need a new engine which they'll have to take a penalty to make it to the end of the season! Am I right??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

diffuser

Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 15:45
Max has twice done it in his whole career. Lewis twice to Albon alone, forget even about Max. With Vettel he was making a dumb mistake there in China (by the way, I hated that Hamilton did “not show respect” to Max in that very race and had a small twitch causing Max to leave the track as to not collide with Ham when Max tried to overtake him on the outside with his brand new tires after Mercedes did not do the pit under VSC. And in Hungary on Ric. In Hungary ric waved the finger, while Max was totally locked up, a clear mistake. Lewis was not locked up yesterday. Max did not wave him the finger even after being dumped in to the wall with 51g. Only after Lewis did nothing to acknowledge his own role (he actively shifted the blame rather) and didn’t care for Max at all he gave a reply.

None of that really matters. It shouldn't. Every case should be treated individually. You could add that big collision Hamilton and Roseberg had ...was it Spain? or even In Canada when Hamilton made front wheel contact with Roseberg in the first corner knocking Rosberg off the track on to the run off, you should NOT get gain cause you made a mistake and went to deep into a corner.

What is kind of odd is that with the lead RBR and Max had, Hamilton would have had to Finish first in every race between Silverstone and the end of year to even come close to closing the Gap. Probably would have needed a DNF from Max....

Now Max is up only 8 points with the prospect of the Silverstone PU being toast? There are alot of races left.
Last edited by diffuser on 19 Jul 2021, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

N21
N21

AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:12
That was a racing incident! Both Hamilton and Verstapen could have avoided contact, yet none of them did! You can't just blame one of them since both were way too aggressive! It was bound to happen...

When comparing Lewis's moves on Leclerc and Max you have to remember that on the straight before Copse Leclerc kept to the left of the road (racing line) while Max moved to the middle of the track and Lewis had to go fully to the right (close to the wall) to pass him! You don't need to have a high iQ level to understand that when a driver is fully on the inside of the track, he will just understeer to the outside! Max had a 35 point lead right there and way more to lose than Lewis...he should have let more space and "live to fight another day" as Lewis says!

My question now is...how will this accident affect the rest of the championship? If the chassis or the engine or both need changing then Red Bull will lose both, a lot of money in terms of the budget cap and they'll need a new engine which they'll have to take a penalty to make it to the end of the season! Am I right??

Please just carefully watch the 2 pictures. No further explanation needed

HPD

AMG.Tzan wrote:
That was a racing incident! Both Hamilton and Verstapen could have avoided contact, yet none of them did!
And why would Max have to avoid if he was on the right line and had the car in front of him?
The accident is the responsibility of the car behind

Sieper

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:19
Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 15:45

None of that really matters. It shouldn't. Every case should be treated individually. You could add that big collision Hamilton and Roseberg had ...was it Spain? or even In Canada when Hamilton made front wheel contact with Roseberg in the first corner knocking Rosberg off the track on to the run off, you should NOT get gain cause you made a mistake and went to deep into a corner.

What is kind of odd is that with the lead RBR and Max had, Hamilton would have had to Finish first in every race between Silverstone and the end of year to even come close to closing the Gap. Probably would have needed a DNF from Max....

Now Max is up only 8 points with the prospect of the Silverstone PU being toast? There are alot of races left.
The DNF he now has. Like Toto also mentioned a few times. We need a DNF. I don't think it was needed. 33/7 = not even 5 races (and no fastest laps for Max in those). Lewis took a small risk of it ending wrongly for a huge gain. If engine is toast then the last 8 points are also off the table. It really stinks.

dans79

HPD wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:25
AMG.Tzan wrote:
That was a racing incident! Both Hamilton and Verstapen could have avoided contact, yet none of them did!
And why would Max have to avoid if he was on the right line and had the car in front of him?
The accident is the responsibility of the car behind
Neither of them where on an optimum line, because they were racing each other. The optimum line would have been about a cars with further left than where max was as they approached turn in.

Not to mention as they entered the braking zone/turn in they were alongside.
201 105 104 9 9 7