2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

On some corners you can really see the rb20 is very, very fast. Even in Monaco, and here, sector 1 they were unbeatable. In a track with more characteristics like that they still have the winning car by some margin. I think… In seconds really depends on how a race develops.

Sieper

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 21:35
@venkeyhere

Mercedes hasn't been the best car all year or since 2022. Russell got the most he possibly could out of his car. Gassing up Verstappen over Russell in this instance just isn't fair here.
Russell drove in such a way his teamlead felt complied to go on the radio and tell him to focus.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Sieper wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 21:37
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
@venkeyhere

Mercedes hasn't been the best car all year or since 2022. Russell got the most he possibly could out of his car. Gassing up Verstappen over Russell in this instance just isn't fair here.
Russell drove in such a way his teamlead felt complied to go on the radio and tell him to focus.
First pole and podium of the year for Mercedes. Leading "alien" Hamilton 8/1 in qualifying. What a bum.

Wil992
Wil992

venkyhere wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 17:50

The pole lap traces for T10 hairpin :
https://i.imgur.com/9ExzaRY.png
We can see both of them come off the throttle around the same time, however, VER is back on full throttle slightly earlier than RUS, saving 0.139s from the corner alone, despite a lower minimum speed (58 vs 61 kph). The marker is at a point where VER has achieved almost same speed as RUS at the exit. We can say this marker denotes the exit, since both of them are at full throttle by now. Whatever time is regained by RUS thereafter is simply the drag benefit of his car due to lower wing.

I agree that the higher downforce in the RB20 is helping VER brake harder, but somewhere in the middle of the speeds between 150-100kph, the speed of air has reduced enough where mechanical grip dominates rather than aero grip. The "lower part of v" in the speed trace has steeper down&up slopes for VER than RUS. This is because he is putting more slip angle into his tyres and getting better purchase of mechanical grip from them (by turning really sharpy), enabling him to turn sharper and 'straighten the exit earlier' than RUS.

Again, there’s no point in the trace, after both cars have reached their apex, where ves is travelling faster then rus. You seem to be making the point that ves is sacrificing entry to gain exit, but he loses time all the way down the straight on both traces you’ve posted. Clearly rus has the better corner exit and ves is making up time on the brakes, in this specific section.

Sieper

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 21:41
Sieper wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
@venkeyhere

First pole and podium of the year for Mercedes. Leading "alien" Hamilton 8/1 in qualifying. What a bum.
There is really no need for gassing up Russell and Mercedes here, in the redbull thread. Hope it will get deleted that off topic noise.
Last edited by Sieper on 12 Jun 2024, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Now now everyone. No need to de-rail the thread and get the mods involved/potential warnings thrown about.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 21:30
AR3-GP wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 20:00
For how horrible the car has been with curbs and bumpy tracks, if the silver lining to this compromise doesn't show up on the tracks that are supposed to suit them.... In other words, if Mclaren (and Mercedes) are still there in Barcelona, then the compromises Red Bull made with the stiffness of the car have no purpose. The rival teams would be achieving the same performance without any compromise.
so are you expecting to win Barcelona with 10/15/20s ?
Red Bull would need a big upgrade to achieve that. If they go to Barcelona without upgrades, I would expect Mclaren ahead. Mercedes could also be ahead. Mercedes has been strong in Barcelona every year and they have a new floor coming.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 21:41
Sieper wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
@venkeyhere

Well, the Chinese sprint race saw a Merc podium too, of course. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 22:19
Sergej wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 21:30
AR3-GP wrote:
11 Jun 2024, 20:00
For how horrible the car has been with curbs and bumpy tracks, if the silver lining to this compromise doesn't show up on the tracks that are supposed to suit them.... In other words, if Mclaren (and Mercedes) are still there in Barcelona, then the compromises Red Bull made with the stiffness of the car have no purpose. The rival teams would be achieving the same performance without any compromise.
so are you expecting to win Barcelona with 10/15/20s ?
Red Bull would need a big upgrade to achieve that. If they go to Barcelona without upgrades, I would expect Mclaren ahead. Mercedes could also be ahead. Mercedes has been strong in Barcelona every year and they have a new floor coming.
wow, even Mercedes ! then Max is doomed, since you have to include also Ferrari which are bringing another "miraculous" upgrade of theirs, will take him a mythological performance to get on the podium 8)

Chuckjr

Nah. Max is fine. In fact, he seems something special as that Red Bull is quite knife edge. Perez can’t seem to come to grips with it, but Max clearly has the skill set to ride the lightening mistake free. I’ve been impressed with him this year more than any of his previous years. He seems a bit, dare I say, Schumacher-esque in his sensitivity of the car, and his methodical ability to put his head down and pound out the laps. He will be fine.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
I fear even VCARB will be ahead :?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 09:46
AR3-GP wrote:
Only 2 tenths off pole at Canada. Vcarb might catch up to the performance ceiling by the end of the season and Yuki could contend for victories. That would be fun

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 09:47
Vanja #66 wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 09:46
AR3-GP wrote:
Only 2 tenths off pole at Canada. Vcarb might catch up to the performance ceiling by the end of the season and Yuki could contend for victories. That would be fun
Yeah this is not happening. In race trim they were nowhere.

organic

question: They say the competition is getting closer and closer. Verstappen increased his lead in Montreal from 31 to 56 points. The World Championship seems to be a clear story for Red Bull again...

MARKO: It won't be a clear story because our car and our simulator have certain weaknesses. But we are working hard to fix that. We have always known that we won't win every race. It is good for us that the others cannot achieve consistency
question: What are the weaknesses of your simulator?

MARKO: It doesn't simulate the curbing correctly. It's technically state-of-the-art, it just hasn't been fed the correct data or interpreted it correctly.
https://www.oe24.at/sport/motorsport/fo ... /597451597

organic

Rumours are that the Barcelona upgrade won't be large. Not expecting a lot of items