2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marc.W

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Best case scenario, cars that could have overtaken us had duff strategies or fell off the road and a car in front DNFs.

Hopefully the car is still good in Imola

proteus

Marc.W wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 08:44
Best case scenario, cars that could have overtaken us had duff strategies or fell off the road and a car in front DNFs.

Hopefully the car is still good in Imola
Imola will be problematic.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Darth-Piekus

Good for the team to bounce back that quickly. We were 4th best and had the capability of 3rd best today. Still I can take these 18 points of 5th and 6th along with 4th in the Constructors and say thank you very much.

It seems that these small fixes did turn things around and it wasn't only the GP. I hope once we get that big upgrade we can clear the midfield and threaten the top 3.

Mansell89
Mansell89

I think we’re not as bad as Bahrain made us look, but we do have some inherent weaknesses- straight line speed and low speed traction.

I would love to hope for a real decent upgrade but realistically it isn’t easy, especially the low speed issue.

Fingers crossed though! Let’s keep picking up points where we can in the meantime.

mwillems

It's just that our weaknesses are horrendous, low speed is really not good and this impacts exits onto the straight.

Imola has a couple oh hard braking zones, going into and out of the first Chicane will be tricky as will the second Chicane. The rest of the track will hopefully open up for us.
Last edited by mwillems on 10 Apr 2022, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

djos

Very solid race from the boys today, especially good after a tough first 2 races.
"In downforce we trust"

_cerber1

=D> =D> =D>

ScottR267
ScottR267

Darth-Piekus wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 08:55
Good for the team to bounce back that quickly. We were 4th best and had the capability of 3rd best today. Still I can take these 18 points of 5th and 6th along with 4th in the Constructors and say thank you very much.

It seems that these small fixes did turn things around and it wasn't only the GP. I hope once we get that big upgrade we can clear the midfield and threaten the top 3.
3rd best today…..what planet are you on? Ferrari and Red Bull (problems aside for Sainz and Max) are miles up the road. Mercedes we’re controlling their race pace then when they released themselves of controlling their pace we’re quite a way up the road!

Seerix
Seerix

"don't stay too close to Lando, he may lose power" - radio to Ric on last lap, sounds pretty serious

bauc

Solid solid race from the team, best they could do with this car at this track..... pitstops were mega again, we are the best so far this season in pitstops.

BRAVO TEAM
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

runningmanz
runningmanz

Great result to bag 5th and 6th in a car without any significant updates. Looked like we had the edge on Merc on the mediums and Dan was faster than Lando on those tyres. Lando seemed better on the hards near the end though before his issue so pretty even between both lads. Interesting our fastest sector in qualli was sector 3 with the slower speed corners. Go figure. Positive step as Seidl did mention to the Race there was small update to the rear of the car and they now also had a better understanding of the operational window for the car. Onwards and upwards let's see if we can bring some updates to Imola.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mclarens ... ts-f1-car/
Last edited by runningmanz on 10 Apr 2022, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Darth-Piekus

ScottR267 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:26
Darth-Piekus wrote:

3rd best today…..what planet are you on? Ferrari and Red Bull (problems aside for Sainz and Max) are miles up the road. Mercedes we’re controlling their race pace then when they released themselves of controlling their pace we’re quite a way up the road!
You should learn to read a full message before making assumptions. I said capabilities to be 3rd best today. Not that we are 3rd best. If we managed to stay in front of Rusell and Hamilton which could have happened without that Safety Car we could have been 3rd best. As things went out 4th best was the result today. You and some others need to take a chill pill and understand that we all want here the best for Mclaren.

proteus

Darth-Piekus wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:56
ScottR267 wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:

You should learn to read a full message before making assumptions. I said capabilities to be 3rd best today. Not that we are 3rd best. If we managed to stay in front of Rusell and Hamilton which could have happened without that Safety Car we could have been 3rd best. As things went out 4th best was the result today. You and some others need to take a chill pill and understand that we all want here the best for Mclaren.
Nowhere near being 3rd best team today. Norris and Ricciardo managed to be on the tail of Mercs at the start of the race, but faded towards the end. Lando even with na issue. The good thing is that they managed to steal 18 points, but overall the car needs to lose some load/drag to be faster on the straights. From how the season started, being 4th fastest team today on merit is good to see.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

McL-H
McL-H

proteus wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 11:14
Darth-Piekus wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:56
ScottR267 wrote:

Nowhere near being 3rd best team today. Norris and Ricciardo managed to be on the tail of Mercs at the start of the race, but faded towards the end. Lando even with na issue. The good thing is that they managed to steal 18 points, but overall the car needs to lose some load/drag to be faster on the straights. From how the season started, being 4th fastest team today on merit is good to see.
Ricciardo was stuck behind Lando the whole race on an awful track for overtaking. Daniel obviously had more pace than Lando, especially the first half of the race. I reckon he could have finished a lot closer to the Mercs. I believe they were still too fast for us, but it was close.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Chill out guys, does it really matter if we were borderline 3rd or 4th.

Team bounced back. Hopefully it's not a freak result and this means that the team is back where it left off last year.