2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: McLaren MCL35M

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

I can’t save the picture to post here- but take a look at Brundles Instagram for the McLaren at Monaco in Ricciardos garage.

It looks stunning.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Herr_Koos wrote:https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/lan ... do-norris/

It doesn't specify for how long, only says "multi-year" extension.

So no, Merc will not be ditching Bottas and Russell to try and steal Lando. That's a relief.
Didn’t he already had a contract for 2022? So, it is probably another 2 years 2023 - 2024 as a minimum.

Glad Mclaren is extending their partnership with Norris, he is definitely one of the stars of the new generation of drivers and a top tier talent... That stability will be great for himself and for the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr_Koos

SmallSoldier wrote:
19 May 2021, 16:08

So no, Merc will not be ditching Bottas and Russell to try and steal Lando. That's a relief.
Didn’t he already had a contract for 2022? So, it is probably another 2 years 2023 - 2024 as a minimum.

Glad Mclaren is extending their partnership with Norris, he is definitely one of the stars of the new generation of drivers and a top tier talent... That stability will be great for himself and for the team.

Zak's exact words: "I’m delighted with the extension of our agreement with Lando for 2022 and beyond."

The implication being there wasn't a deal for 2022 as yet.

From F1.com: "To continue making steps forward, McLaren have sensibly moved to get Norris’ contract – which was set to expire at the end of the year – done and dusted early doors."

So with multi meaning at least two, that's him at McLaren until the end of 2023 at least, same as Ricciardo.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Herr_Koos wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
19 May 2021, 16:08

Zak's exact words: "I’m delighted with the extension of our agreement with Lando for 2022 and beyond."

The implication being there wasn't a deal for 2022 as yet.

From F1.com: "To continue making steps forward, McLaren have sensibly moved to get Norris’ contract – which was set to expire at the end of the year – done and dusted early doors."

So with multi meaning at least two, that's him at McLaren until the end of 2023 at least, same as Ricciardo.
Thanks! You are absolutely right, Lando had a contract for 2021 with an “extension” clause for 2022... The fact that they haven’t just used the extension and instead have done a multi year deal is great news actually (and keeps Mclaren out of the distractions of the Silly Season).

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Mclaren @Monaco:

New front wing will be used this weekend too:

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Norris helmet for Monaco:

diffuser

This is way off topic but It gets me when we see comments like this.

"Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas understands the need for Formula 1 to reduce costs at all levels of the sport, but the Finn believes the value of the drivers – the stars of the show – should always be recognized "

Later ..

"McLaren boss Zak Brown insists that given F1's current quest for cost savings, it's only "reasonable" to expect drivers' salaries to eventually be included in the mix."

I mean obviously Bottas he's talking about $$$$$. The way it is written it could just mean names on thier Helmuts or make thier number larger on the car.

https://f1i.com/news/405603-bottas-not- ... ivers.html

Macklaren
Macklaren

SmallSoldier wrote:
19 May 2021, 19:02
Norris helmet for Monaco:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202105 ... 20652d.jpg

HAHAHAHA

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Helmet reveal video,

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Macklaren
Macklaren

very cool. I think Lando's is the cleverer idea but Daniel's looks better. My 2c.

Macklaren
Macklaren

First glimpse I've seen of McLaren's new "downsized" motorhome that was expected at Monaco. Looks great. Big weekend for the team between this, Gulf and Lando's renewal!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Z6Lzi.html

(It's in the background of the video with Will and Lawrence)

elldizzle
elldizzle

Re: McLaren MCL35M

Looks like were also getting more pics from scrutineering as this is the first weekend media outlets outside TV are allowed in the paddock.

genarro
genarro

the new helmets are absolutely stunning.

I saw in the car thread that all the updates introduced in Spain are staying on the car so thats good. Do we think that its a posibility that if they find a good set up for the track we can be faster than Ferrari?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

And the hits keep on coming... New partner announced, Alteryx

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners ... rtnership/