Scuderia Ferrari 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Goran2812
Goran2812

Re: Ferrari F2012

Hail22 wrote:Check out Ferraris Twitter "A Hundred reasons for a first smile" did they finally make a break through with the car by unlocking some of the key components including the front pullrod system?
At first I taught so too... But I think that message was regarding the number of laps they did... I might be wrong tough...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Mr Alcatraz

I read the report about Massa being excited about the significant improvement.
It actually shows on the recorded lap times here http://f1tests.co.cc/2012.php
After lunch Massa did couple stints that the lap times didn't diminish as rapidly. It's not anything earth shaking, but it is quite an improvement over what they had in earlier days. The first stint starts at 15 57 to 15 40 they had been averaging losing a second in 2 laps/and 2 sectors previously 16 25 to 16 39 is also an improvement.It is hard to compare those two because we don’t know how many laps were on the tires at the start of the stint, or even the compounds.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

radosav
radosav

i've followed results online during tests, and those 8 days are too short to make some good progress. while you change few parts to test them whole day is gone. ferrari will need a litle more time to setup this baby.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Mr Alcatraz wrote:I read the report about Massa being excited about the significant improvement.
After lunch Massa did couple stints that the lap times didn't diminish as rapidly. It's not anything earth shaking, but it is quite an improvement over what they had in earlier days. The first stint starts at 15 57 to 15 40 they had been averaging losing a second in 2 laps/and 2 sectors previously 16 25 to 16 39 is also an improvement.It is hard to compare those two because we don’t know how many laps were on the tires at the start of the stint, or even the compounds.
On Friday the pace of Massa on the hards in comparison to the others was somewhat impressive, granted we don't know fuel loads, but it's reasonable to say they probably weren't too light. It's progress nonetheless.

@radosav 8 days is certainly enough time to make progress. Sure it's not enough to get them to where they want be, but I'm sure progress was made & track side observers noticed as much.

Hail22

I guess we can all agree we are awaiting in anticipation for this holy grail Fry/Byrne Floor?

:D =D> :mrgreen: hope it shows up on the last day of testing or in Melbourne :)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

medeni73
medeni73

Hail22 wrote:I guess we can all agree we are awaiting in anticipation for this holy grail Fry/Byrne Floor?

:D =D> :mrgreen: hope it shows up on the last day of testing or in Melbourne :)
According to joseluis Byrne floor was already tested in Barcelona but not the final version...

Pierce89

ecapox wrote:
While I agree with that article, they specifically said that they weren't comparing the F2012 to the Red bull. Compared to the rest of the field they believe that they are #2. Possibly and as a note, they are Italian s therefore they are biased.....like me. :-)
Actually it says behind Red Bull and ahead of Mclaren. Almost Ver batem
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

ecapox

Italian: Lasciando perdere la Red Bull, o meglio ritenendola tempi alla mano ancora con un certo vantaggio ripetto alla concorrenza, la nostra attenzione si è concentrata su tre team in particolare: Ferrari, McLaren e Mercedes.

English: Lets forget about Red Bull, or better yet, lets assume their times still have a certain advantage against the competition, our attention is concentrated on 3 teams in particular: Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes.

My statement is still true:

...they specifically said that they werent comparing the F2012 to the Red Bull...

F1.Ru

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Ok I understand now. I thought you meant different from testing. Yes indeed they've changed the wheelnuts too. Hopefully this helps with the poor pitstops of 2011.
What i know that basically they don't did it poorly, but they take more time in pit stop caz every time they manually adjust their ride height of their car...IIRC.

Nd somewhere i also read about this trends of Ferrari......
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Mr.S
Mr.S

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:I read the report about Massa being excited about the significant improvement.
On Friday the pace of Massa on the hards in comparison to the others was somewhat impressive, granted we don't know fuel loads, but it's reasonable to say they probably weren't too light. It's progress nonetheless.

@radosav 8 days is certainly enough time to make progress. Sure it's not enough to get them to where they want be, but I'm sure progress was made & track side observers noticed as much.
8 days of testing is like a whole Formula1 season. You can do 16-18 Race Weekends.

Anyways you make posts which have no basis. Massa's time on hards,on what basis are you saying that is is not on a Very Light Load??? There is no basis for saying he was fairly heavy. It is no reasaoble it is fanboyish to say. Unless Massa did a 50-60 Lap Run with Pitstops & maintained such pace throughout it is impossible to say.

Looking at Ferrari's times throughout the session those laps are more likely to be on a slightly lighter fuel.

BTW Massa's best time was a 1.24.8 odd on a 11 Lap Run which was on Mediums or Soft as Massa confirmed he will be working with those 2 compounds in 24th after running the Hards the whole day in 23rd.

At best those 10 Lap + DRS can get him close 2s reducing that time to 1.22.8. How much more fuel will he have??? 10-15 Laps?? Even that coule at best reduce his time to 1.21.5 odd. Even if Massa ran that with 25 laps of fuel.

The 19.9 Webber did will probably be challenged or broken in Q1 this year. Nico could have banged in a Low To MID 1-20's pretty easily given his monstrous pace in Race Simulation. Ferrari have got a lot of catching to do.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Mr.S wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:

8 days of testing is like a whole Formula1 season. You can do 16-18 Race Weekends.

Anyways you make posts which have no basis. Massa's time on hards,on what basis are you saying that is is not on a Very Light Load??? There is no basis for saying he was fairly heavy. It is no reasaoble it is fanboyish to say. Unless Massa did a 50-60 Lap Run with Pitstops & maintained such pace throughout it is impossible to say.

Looking at Ferrari's times throughout the session those laps are more likely to be on a slightly lighter fuel.

BTW Massa's best time was a 1.24.8 odd on a 11 Lap Run which was on Mediums or Soft as Massa confirmed he will be working with those 2 compounds in 24th after running the Hards the whole day in 23rd.

At best those 10 Lap + DRS can get him close 2s reducing that time to 1.22.8. How much more fuel will he have??? 10-15 Laps?? Even that coule at best reduce his time to 1.21.5 odd. Even if Massa ran that with 25 laps of fuel.

The 19.9 Webber did will probably be challenged or broken in Q1 this year. Nico could have banged in a Low To MID 1-20's pretty easily given his monstrous pace in Race Simulation. Ferrari have got a lot of catching to do.
You keep thinking Ferrari went as fast as they possibly could during testing all you want. We'll see what happens during the season that gives points. Heck even Whitmarsh said he knew the "big boys" could easily go 2 seconds faster than the Saubers & others but they were holding back. Again, think what ever makes you happy mate.

As for the car, glad to hear that Alonso say "There has been a tendency from the media's point of view to believe that Ferrari is having a bad pre-season, or that the car for some dark reason that we don't know is a bad one.

"But for us, we've always kept calm and we have kept working in a consistent way"

The car is fine. Ferrari will be testing Thursday-Sunday with the others. Hopefully we might see some differences on the car from the 1st Barcelona test.

Mr.S
Mr.S

The car is not fine BTW. Alonso did not have to make such statements. He even said if he does not win 1 WDC his career wont be incomplete. Or they understand even less than 50 % of the car,the car works in ONLY short windows.

Remember the statement before LAUNCH. It was as in Ferrari had won the Title. It was just thought to be a matter of time. Anyways Ferrari being Ferrai can still win but Alonso saying all this has just PR stunts in Damage control mode after all the Bad Publicity.

Even if Ferrai go 2 Full Seconds quicker they will end with 1.21.6 which will be atleast 1-1.5 off pole in a much rubbered in track what would be in the race. Ferrari needs to STEP UP. This is the Most Successful Team in F1 history.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Mr.S wrote:The car is not fine BTW. Alonso did not have to make such statements. He even said if he does not win 1 WDC his career wont be incomplete. Or they understand even less than 50 % of the car,the car works in ONLY short windows.

Remember the statement before LAUNCH. It was as in Ferrari had won the Title. It was just thought to be a matter of time. Anyways Ferrari being Ferrai can still win but Alonso saying all this has just PR stunts in Damage control mode after all the Bad Publicity.

Even if Ferrai go 2 Full Seconds quicker they will end with 1.21.6 which will be atleast 1-1.5 off pole in a much rubbered in track what would be in the race. Ferrari needs to STEP UP. This is the Most Successful Team in F1 history.
You're still reading too much into testing times – remember, McLaren, who everyone thinks are up there with RedBull haven't done lower than a 1:23 yet either.

Mr.S
Mr.S

beelsebob wrote:
Mr.S wrote:The car is not fine BTW. Alonso did not have to make such statements. He even said if he does not win 1 WDC his career wont be incomplete. Or they understand even less than 50 % of the car,the car works in ONLY short windows.

You're still reading too much into testing times – remember, McLaren, who everyone thinks are up there with RedBull haven't done lower than a 1:23 yet either.
Could be. Long runs seemed bad too. I have very high expectations of Ferrari. They are Ferrari afterall. Car has been a dissapointment from their HUGE OVER THE TOP talk. If there was a Winter Championship it would have gone to Ferrari for their OTT Statements.

Kiril Varbanov

I collect most of the opinions on F2012. It's a polar stuff - most predict doom days, the minority of fans are still cool.
I tend to be in the latter part, having in mind that Ferrari ran every time with a Pitot tube installed (which is a drag penalty), flow viz and three different exhaust configurations. These are the certain bits. The rest is speculation.