Aston Martin AMR24 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: Aston Martin AMR24 Speculation Thread

I really want see once,how they reach the target from september till februari.I hope once a team make for us a full document film about winter time development. I mean they know what was the difference between the 1st place and their place. Like Aston have to find 4 tenths to the Redbull and they know it,so if they can't find at least 6 tenths till februari then we can call it "game over".

KimiRai
KimiRai

some (not scaled) comparison shots from last races of the season

Stu

KimiRai wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 00:01
some (not scaled) comparison shots from last races of the season

https://i.imgur.com/bz21sA9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0iYAT9A.png
It would be interesting to compare the McLaren pod with the AMR22 launch pod (the Macca has much more extreme undercut than the RB19 from the centre rearwards).
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

issey
issey

The AMR23 was launched on 13 February, so this is not unlikely

KimiRai
KimiRai

A source says the following
"I had information from Aston Martin [about the AMR23], who told me that that car was 1.5s faster. So I had a good source."

"The source this time didn't sing bingo, he sang: "we're working and we're on it."

NAPI10
NAPI10

Nothing new in this article -
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... U8wUq.html

I am surprise with the statement "Sources say the 2024 car looks very different to its predecessor on the outside, with a plethora of changes under the skin and away from prying eyes, too."
I thought, it will be more of a evolution with some changes under the skin.

issey
issey

NAPI10 wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 19:44
Nothing new in this article -
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... U8wUq.html

I am surprise with the statement "Sources say the 2024 car looks very different to its predecessor on the outside, with a plethora of changes under the skin and away from prying eyes, too."
I thought, it will be more of a evolution with some changes under the skin.
It was obvious that the 2024 will change dramatically, its now fully designed by Dan Fallows, Eric Blandin and all the Engineers from Mercedes and Red Bull they recently signed

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

KimiRai wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 15:01
collindsilva wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 13:27
Seems Mercedes aiming to narrow its gearbox like RB, how does it impact AMR, do they share the same gearbox...

https://formu1a.uno/f1-2024-quelle-evol ... -red-bull/
"The W15 will have a very different, much more traditional chassis, and a more miniaturized transmission, which will also help Aston Martin to reduce those aerodynamic efficiency problems that affected both the Brackley car and the AMR23, unlike Williams which had designed a car with a body with very low aerodynamic resistance, but lacking aerodynamic load."
How i know not just Gearbox ,but Aston will use the rear suspension from Mercedes also. Maybe because is part of the gearbox ,just like for Redbull.

GoranF1
GoranF1

That wind tunnel numbers.....wow!
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bingaboy
bingaboy

GoranF1 wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 22:04
have you found something interesting ??

collindsilva
collindsilva

GoranF1 wrote:
Can you share the source..

-wkst-
-wkst-

collindsilva wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 06:33
GoranF1 wrote:
Can you share the source..
Maybe it's Robert Payton again. [-o<

Or Mercedes is sabotaging AMR again.

A look at the history show the credibility of this users "sources".

@topic

Obviously the car will be quite different, even from the outside. Mercedes alone are planning big changes which will affect AMR (rear suspension, gearbox).

KimiRai
KimiRai

I thought they were going to develop the Austin spec and continue with refining details, as the 2023 base is good unlike Ferrari/Mercedes, but with some now saying the car looks "very different on the outside"... I don't know what to believe to be honest.
Not much time left to find out anyways

maygun
maygun

KimiRai wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 09:08
I thought they were going to develop the Austin spec and continue with refining details, as the 2023 base is good unlike Ferrari/Mercedes, but with some now saying the car looks "very different on the outside"... I don't know what to believe to be honest.
Dont remember who said but they were clearly not happy with the base spec after the updates, because they needed to change the floor and some other parts depending on the track to optimise the performance. They said the main goal for the new car is to create a good platform where they just need to change the front/rear wing depending on the track. So I assume it would be a different car than the 2023.

KimiRai
KimiRai

maygun wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 09:49
KimiRai wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 09:08
Dont remember who said but they were clearly not happy with the base spec after the updates, because they needed to change the floor and some other parts depending on the track to optimise the performance. They said the main goal for the new car is to create a good platform where they just need to change the front/rear wing depending on the track. So I assume it would be a different car than the 2023.
You could be right, I think I posted those comments here in fact, forgot about it.

Back in the AMR23 launch, if I'm not wrong, Fallows said something to the effect that the AMR23 was intended as a good platform for later development. But maybe it wasn't as good as they hoped.