Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

RacePaceDemon wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:50
Well the latest seems to be he's going to Aston Martin but I don't think anyone but him knows...
Agree.

There are so many reports...

One time he is 99% sure working for Ferrari, 2 weeks later another source tell us that he agreed terms with AMR.

I guess he can have the paycheck of his lifetime at AMR, with Stroll and especially Aramco willing to pay what it needs. Don't think that an astronomical salary for an engineer is that easy to sell to the group management at Mercedes or Ferrari.

FW17

quincalla
quincalla

FW17 wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 09:50
Not a reputable source.

codetower

With Cardile now announced as CTO of AM, does this fully put them out of the Newey sweepstakes?

quincalla
quincalla

codetower wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 13:03
With Cardile now announced as CTO of AM, does this fully put them out of the Newey sweepstakes?
I don't think so. When Formu1a.uno (*) broke the "Newey visits AM factory" story, they mentioned that Cardile and Newey were the two targets.

(*) I think it was them, correct me if I'm wrong.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Don't think that Newey would be something else than an external advisor for a team. Ferrari, AMR or whereever.

dren

-wkst- wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 15:00
Don't think that Newey would be something else than an external advisor for a team. Ferrari, AMR or whereever.
That's my guess. A really high paid advisor with lots of perks with the brand.
Honda!

Jurgen von Diaz

Why is Newey still on the grid, dressed in Red Bull gear and drawing cars? It even looked like he was drawing a Red Bull car. For what? His next job?! This makes no sense anymore, he should be on gardening leave...

cirrusflyer

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 06:13
Why is Newey still on the grid, dressed in Red Bull gear and drawing cars? It even looked like he was drawing a Red Bull car. For what? His next job?! This makes no sense anymore, he should be on gardening leave...
It may be, that "honda is leaving F1" scenario is on... 🫢
You know that year that Honda left and came back in couple of months...
If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.
It's all about technology!
When you go fast, do not hesitate to go faster!

Watto
Watto

cirrusflyer wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 14:42
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 06:13
It may be, that "honda is leaving F1" scenario is on... 🫢
You know that year that Honda left and came back in couple of months...
Must say it is a little odd. At the very least I think it suggests they are all on good terms still.

I wonder if he still has a roll in the RB20 just a far lower level if current engineers have questions he is still around to as. But not in any detailed meetings etc.

zeph
zeph

Lol, imagine if he will simply continue for RBR, just not as an employee but as an external consultant/freelancer…

basti313
basti313

zeph wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 20:28
Lol, imagine if he will simply continue for RBR, just not as an employee but as an external consultant/freelancer…
Well, that would be MY choice if it exists. Get a few millions here and there, spend the rest of the time sailing...should be perfect under the budget cap as teams can choose if they spend money on the last update of the season or rather on Newey.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Waz
Waz

I think the best thing for F1 is if Newey was a super consultant to ALL the teams, haha

Chuckjr

One things for sure, by the time AN finishes his tour of the aero holy of holies for all the top teams, he will have a really good idea of their capabilities, computational assets, and basic leadership intelligence and capacity currently and into the near future. I’m sure he’s meeting the top brass as these teams put their best foot forward trying to land the big fish. He must be downloading an incredible amount of info just seeing what exactly teams have to work with. What an incredible opportunity to get the pure lay of the land for the top teams he actually will face next year. Whoever lands him will be fortunate indeed.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Waz
Waz

That's such a great point. Something like this has never happened before has it? A rival engineer getting the full bells and whistles tour of almost all the factories