Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

that's launch spec, isn't it? I thought STR didn't race their launch-spec cone. In any case the endplates and the nose are different.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

matt21

You´re right.

Ferraripilot

I was wondering when we would see some team copy the nose of W02.

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Ferraripilot wrote:I was wondering when we would see some team copy the nose of W02.
Why so? Does the Merc style nose offer any particular benefits?

wesley123
wesley123

Is it just me or did it seem STR was running a whole new tub? They seemed to have different airbox and engine cover, different headrest and I thought there were larger bulges on top of the nose
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ringo

Judging by their form at spa. This car looks super deadly.
I predict top 6 in qualifying at Monza.
For Sure!!

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

as far as i am concerned the tubs are homologated at the beginning of the season after passing crash testing.

But engine covers and Airbox covers are free to be changed so long as the crash structures are unaltered

Image]

"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Car from Monaco for comparisons

"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Carlo's
Carlo's

From Khan-F1 twitter:

raymondu999

We saw that a couple of pages back, didn't we?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Clausell
Clausell

Clausell_F1
# F1 Furthermore, the RBR team must have drivers in the quarry, so the STR ​​have another year of 'shoot' before RBR
Favorite 4 minutes ago Reply Delete

Clausell_F1
# F1 RBR soon renew WEB why ALG after their early season problems with the tires, has shown exponential growth ...
4 minutes ago

Clausell_F1
# F1 team does not even make it public, but have been renovated both drivers TOROROSSO officers, Alguersuari and BUEMI ...
6 minutes ago

Clausell_F1
# F1 Alguersuari TOROROSSO has been renewed for next season 2012, so did his teammate Sebastien Buemi ...

http://twitter.com/Clausell_F1

beelsebob
beelsebob

Clausell wrote:Clausell_F1
# F1 Furthermore, the RBR team must have drivers in the quarry, so the STR ​​have another year of 'shoot' before RBR
Favorite 4 minutes ago Reply Delete

Clausell_F1
# F1 RBR soon renew WEB why ALG after their early season problems with the tires, has shown exponential growth ...
4 minutes ago

Clausell_F1
# F1 team does not even make it public, but have been renovated both drivers TOROROSSO officers, Alguersuari and BUEMI ...
6 minutes ago

Clausell_F1
# F1 Alguersuari TOROROSSO has been renewed for next season 2012, so did his teammate Sebastien Buemi ...

http://twitter.com/Clausell_F1
Surprising, I expected Riciardo to get that drive.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

wesley123 wrote:Is it just me or did it seem STR was running a whole new tub? They seemed to have different airbox and engine cover, different headrest and I thought there were larger bulges on top of the nose
They ran STR6-04 for Buemi and STR6-01 for Alguersauri. This is the same chassis both have used since Monaco for Buemi and Spain for Alguersauri.

Chassis breakdown is as follows:

STR6-01: Alguersauri (ESP, MON, CAN, EUR, GBR, GER, HUN, BEL) Riccardo (MON FP1)
STR6-02: Alguersauri (Valencia Test, Jerez Test, Barcelona #1 Test) Buemi (Valencia Test, Jerez Test, Barcelona #1 Test, AUS, MAL, CHI, TUR, ESP) Riccardo (Jerez Test, MAL, ESP)
STR6-03: Alguersauri (Barcelona #2 Test, MAL, CHI, TUR) Buemi (Barcelona #2 Test) Riccardo (CHI FP1, TUR FP1)
STR6-04: Alguersauri (AUS) Buemi (MON, CAN, EUR, GBR, GER, HUN, BEL) Riccardo (AUS FP1, CAN FP1, EUR FP1)

Each chassis has been extensivly used, and used pretty much to its potential, Chassis 03 is the least used, 01, 02 & 04 have all been used to arround the same distance. Each chassis has a average of 5,309.262km on it as Toro Rosso have done 21,237.046km of distance this year so far including testing.

I think that STR may be about to introduce their final new tub for their #1 driver so far in terms of points and give their #2 driver tub 03 for the remainder of the season with the tub that has done the least distance in the season to date being their unbuilt T-Car.

The improved front aero map has increased the performance of the STR6 massivly, with them being able to take advantage of the rake and other improvements pre summer holidays, they STR guys are on the way up the feild again.

Also Jean Eric vergne will be testing the car in FP1 from Korea seemingly.

wesley123
wesley123

Ah thank you for the info ESP

I thought they ran newly designed tubs, because I thought they previously had higher ridges, guess I was wrong there.

It is great to see the upward curve they had in Spa, I am sure they would scored some good points if they didnt had both unlucky DNF's
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

No problem, im always on hand for chassis data and all stats at a drop of a hat. Tubs are homologated at the start of each season. What they have done is used a front crash structure to aid what comes arround front of the tub. Virgin did a simmilar thing with the MVR/02 from Turkey onwards, they brought in a new nose and used the current wing and generated arround 10 points of downforce from it.

Id expect to see a good few new front crash structures at Monza and Singapore. Force India have been playing with a new nose and wing all year long, but i belive this could be for the 2012 car for them.

As for the midfeild battle, this will intensify between Toro Rosso, Sauber and Force India soon.

6th = Sauber-Ferrari: 35 points (8 points in last 5 GP)
7th = Force India-Mercedes: 32 Points (22 points in last 5 GP)
8th = STR-Ferrari: 22 Points (9 points in last 5 GP)

STR usually stop development of theior current car arround Japan, so id expect the last raft of updates there, Force India usually stop arround Singapore, Sauber last year stopped at Belgum, but this year are going till Singapore to try and save the drop from arround €61m prize money for 6th to arround €54m for 8th in the constructors table.

Id expect the STR car to come alive late season as is tradition, and this car could finish really well later in the year. Id recon this car will finish in P7 in the constructors table behind Force India as Sauber could flail towards the end of they year.