2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98
McMika98

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Poor TR this is second big low blow from Macca and the fatso. It's even come quicker this year. They should get a punch bag in the garage with the fatso's picture.
Really hope they get a RedBull chassis next year and who knows Sainz and Gasly might deliver.

makecry
makecry

McMika98 wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 23:47
Poor TR this is second big low blow from Macca and the fatso. It's even come quicker this year. They should get a punch bag in the garage with the fatso's picture.
Really hope they get a RedBull chassis next year and who knows Sainz and Gasly might deliver.
How old are you? 12? lol. whatsup with the name calling and no I dont see Sainz driving for Toro Rosso. He is going to Mclaren.

Sasha
Sasha

Japanese press state Kubica is a option in 2019.He was seen in the Honda Motorhome talking to the Honda boss the last race.

techman
techman

i really hope its not kubica. please no. hopefully norris come in exchange with key

McMika98
McMika98

makecry wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 00:25
How old are you? 12? lol. whatsup with the name calling and no I dont see Sainz driving for Toro Rosso. He is going to Mclaren.
Cant see why Sainz would want to join Mclaren given he is already with Renault and the only thing stopping his perm move there is RedBull. Dont think RedBull want anything to do with Mclaren after this daylight heist.

adrianjordan

Sainz won't be going back to STR. I am convinced that he will have a "only return for a RBR seat" clause in his contract.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Singabule
Singabule

techman wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 06:26
i really hope its not kubica. please no. hopefully norris come in exchange with key
Agree, kubica and STRH is not align with youthfull energy branding. Vandoorne is okay imo

sn809
sn809

Yeah but can Vandroone deliver.
Potentially good thing abt TR is for any incoming driver, only competition is Gasly. So if the driver is good enough they can shift the team towards them.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Interestingly, the article on motorsport.com that quoted Franz saying Key had a valid long term contract implied Toro Rosso are merely positioning themselves for compensation. They obviously said a deal for Lando or Stoffel was an option, but it was unlikely to be anything other than a financial settlement.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McMika98
McMika98

Who needs Vando or Lando or even Nando for that matter if you can get Sainz back or lure Button back.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 09:15
Who needs Vando or Lando or even Nando for that matter if you can get Sainz back or lure Button back.
I wonder why Button's name keeps coming up? He's done, said he left it too late as a matter of fact. Let's look at realistic targets. You might as well suggest Nico Rosberg. Carlos is also doubtful, except Renault push him out the door, to get Ocon. Other than that, Red Bull don't seem to be looking at him either. Christian Horner said that he would stay with Renault as long as Cyril behaves himself, then they'd send him to Mclaren. I know it's a bit light hearted stuff, but Toro Rosso haven't been mentioned in any sentence that has Carlos Sainz in a long time.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

honestly what torro rosso missed was a jenson button. lots of experience and a very competitive driver, even beat alonso in 2015

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 06:54
Sainz won't be going back to STR. I am convinced that he will have a "only return for a RBR seat" clause in his contract.
Unless the option is 'no seat'?
If he is replaced at Renault, and the boss team at RBR have no seat, his options are reserve driver or STR, or somewhere else.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sayeman

Big Tea wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 10:44
adrianjordan wrote:
If he is replaced at Renault, and the boss team at RBR have no seat, his options are reserve driver or STR, or somewhere else.
I thought Mclaren wanted him?
Never Give up.

Big Tea

Sayeman wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 11:46
Big Tea wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 10:44
adrianjordan wrote:
I thought Mclaren wanted him?
Is he not still contracted to Red Bull? If they say they want him, they can stop him going there if they say they need him for a test/spare driver. I don't think they would, but if they want to lever him into the STR, thy may 'suggest' it
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.