Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FoxHound

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Of course it's Helmut being a Helmet.

If we look historically, Ferrari have a case against Red Bull for it's woeful representation of the Ferrari V8(056) in the RB2 of 2006.
And Renault for the representation of it's V8(RS27) in 2008.
JET set

FoxHound

marcush. wrote:It is arrogance to the extreme and i wonder if RedBulls PR dept has no issues with their leaders acting like that in public.
Surely Volkwagen will quickly revisit any plans and proposals aimed at a potential cooperation .You would not want to be
mentioned in the same context as a german OEM so Helmet essentially has not only burnt the Reanult Connection he has cut off any possible alternative at the same time ...This is either very dumb or a clever move to drive Didi in a let´s do it alone and Show them how it´s done Position ..
Good spot Marcush.
I don't see them getting into engines, not when they include engine costs of Ferrari and Mercedes in team budgets and cry foul over team expenditure.
JET set

MOWOG

bhall wrote:As I said earlier, I think suppliers will flee the sport if Red Bull makes any attempt to hold Renault liable for, well, anything, really, because the majority of all suppliers work with losing teams and would therefore be exposed to potentially huge liability claims.
Spot on, sir. =D>

I would point out that while Mercedes AMG Petronas has run away and hid from the rest of the field, its engine customers, particularly McLaren, have had their share of problems adapting to the new rules package. The changes from last year are enormous. Anyone who expected meeting the new rules would not cause issues is a fool or an idiot. Or both.

Business relationships are like a marriage. Both parties have to collaborate to navigate the storms that beset all of life's endeavors. Certainly Renault has put all its effort into creating the best engine package it can. They are one of the premier engine manufacturers in the sport and have been for decades. If they have failed to find the best possible answers to the new rules, that is regrettable. But no one is saying it is because they are not trying.

Part of the problem is that the rules themselves make it impossible for Renault to fix any fundamental issues until next season. If they got their sums wrong, hard cheese, gentlemen. Better luck next time. One could say that such an approach when the technical rules have undergone such a dramatic shift is short sighted, arbitrary and dumb. Or stupid. Maybe Red Bull could sue F1 for adopting such a foolish approach to change. Oh, wait. Red Bull AGREED to this cockamamie scheme! :shock: Hmmmm......perhaps they should sue themselves? :?:

Besides, who could Red Bull turn to if they dump Renault. I don't think either Ferrari or Mercedes has any interest in helping out their biggest rival. :-" Honda is committed exclusively to McLaren until 2016. If Red Bull thinks the Renault package is junk, how would they feel about the still born Cosworth lump? Rumors abound that Volkswagen has a full on Formula One engine package just sitting on a shelf somewhere, ready to go. Even assuming that's true, which I doubt, would Red Bull be any better off using engines from a company with NO history in the sport versus one that has been building championship equipment for decades?

Marko should keep his big mouth shut. This is all about wounded feelings and tarnished corporate image at the parent company. In other words, it is dealing with Baron Makeashitload's wounded pride. They rose straight to the top when they got into the sport and they think they are somehow exempt from the same tribulations that beset every team eventually. Do they think Ferrari or McLaren are content to be second tier teams all these years? Do they think Williams is happy to be marginalized for a decade or more?

Marko is making a bad situation worse. If I were Renault, I would tell Red Bull to take their business elsewhere. Maybe Chevrolet or Ford could cobble something together? :wtf:

From a personal perspective I welcome this development. We haven't had a good controversy we could sink out teeth into since the exciting "exploding tire" debacle at Silverstone last year! :lol: Carry on, gents.
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

djos

It's just F1 politics which has always been big egos (usually Bernie's) making big statements that lead to nothing.
"In downforce we trust"

Cam

It could just be he gave a very 'lawyer' answer. It said nothing and everything at the same time.

F1 wouldn't be F1 without these characters would it?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

djos

Exactly, makes it always interesting. :)
"In downforce we trust"

FoxHound

MOWOG wrote: Certainly Renault has put all its effort into creating the best engine package it can. They are one of the premier engine manufacturers in the sport and have been for decades. If they have failed to find the best possible answers to the new rules, that is regrettable. But no one is saying it is because they are not trying.

Part of the problem is that the rules themselves make it impossible for Renault to fix any fundamental issues until next season.
Agreed, their hands are tied to an extent. Would be the same as a team running the same front wing all season knowing that they can improve it, but cannot within the current rule set.
JET set

MOWOG

It could just be he gave a very 'lawyer' answer. It said nothing and everything at the same time.
Having spent far too many years plowing furrows in the dry, dusty fields of the law, I can say with some authority that it takes a lot of practice to say something and say nothing at the same time! :lol: But if lawyers spoke plainly, people would not have to go to other lawyers to find out what the first lawyer said. And then where would the legal profession be? :twisted:

No, obfuscation and pettifoggery are the twin engines that drive the legal universe and must be preserved at all costs! :wtf:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Cam

MOWOG wrote:
Having spent far too many years plowing furrows in the dry, dusty fields of the law, I can say with some authority that it takes a lot of practice to say something and say nothing at the same time! :lol: But if lawyers spoke plainly, people would not have to go to other lawyers to find out what the first lawyer said. And then where would the legal profession be? :twisted:

No, obfuscation and pettifoggery are the twin engines that drive the legal universe and must be preserved at all costs! :wtf:
:lol: no wonder Marko got a doctorate of it. Probably passed with honours too :wtf: . He's filled that role at Red Bull nicely.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Kiril Varbanov

matt21

There are rumours that a Red Bull team (if RBR or STR was not disclosed) has been to AVL on the rolling road test bed in order to work on the engine before the season.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 60406.HTML

Kiril Varbanov

matt21 wrote:There are rumours that a Red Bull team (if RBR or STR was not disclosed) has been to AVL on the rolling road test bed in order to work on the engine before the season.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 60406.HTML
Yes, it's a crappy story.
Even if they did rig testing, that's not track testing and is outside of the season, so it's allowed. But just in case, I've reached out to Red Bull Racing Head of communications. Her response:
"Hi Kiril,
I can confirm that Red Bull Racing hasn't conducted the test laid out in this article.
The test mentioned in the article is permitted by the regulations, but in any case Red Bull Racing didn't do it.
Many thanks for checking with us!"

MountainBiker
MountainBiker

I would expect RB to be a bit more diplomatic in their language concerning the Renault engine, looks very much like they're being held out to dry as the sole cause of RB's problems, there's no doubt that Renault were not ready in time, could RB have been more pro-active?, are some of the problems with batteries / cooling of RB's own making ?

I guess the last few years count for nothing, all the work Renault did on blowing, cold blowing & retarded ignition which helped RB win all their titles are forgotten eh ?

This all leave a very bitter taste on the mouth, very poor show by RB

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Some are lucky - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/06/c ... ll-racing/
Two members from the Monash F-SAE team, they're probably a good bet.

CHT
CHT

Its very common for that a performance bond is included in a contract, where the buyer will have the right for withhold X% of the payment if performance doesn't meet the target. Its no secret that Renault engines are the most expensive due to their 4 years WCC track record, so what RBR might be doing is to demand discount instead of claiming them for damage.