2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Keep in mind that the "15 points" figure is from an Italian source, Duchessa, and these various Italian sources have been misleading for various reasons which I won't get into here :lol:

What Marko actually said is that they had 20% downforce loss.

I may rue it tomorrow, but P4 grid position should make for a good show.

Juzh

Yeah race will be good, hopefully no crashes

Mansell89
Mansell89

Forgive the pathetic amateur question but with parc ferme rules are Red Bull able to fix the floor damage sustained in quali or do they have to live with it to avoid penalty?

chrisc90

Mansell89 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 21:57
Forgive the pathetic amateur question but with parc ferme rules are Red Bull able to fix the floor damage sustained in quali or do they have to live with it to avoid penalty?
Fix or swap for like for like

Sergej
Sergej

I think starting from the damp even slots will be a nightmare

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:36
If there is any significant difference between the two sides, it will probably lead to a rolling start. It would have to rain a lot which would give us the SC laps on wets anyway.

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:41
Sergej wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:36
If there is any significant difference between the two sides, it will probably lead to a rolling start. It would have to rain a lot which would give us the SC laps on wets anyway.
mmm I think I don't agree, recent history shows they will deploy a rolling start only if rain is very very bad, but it takes much less rain to have the even side of the grid in much worse conditions than the odd side; this will depend also on how the weather will be like during supporting series and just before the starting though, let's see tomorrow.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Perez asking to be pushed forward (when he knows the rules) sounds like a driver who has been given an ultimatum.

Also, Perez red flag is why it was raining at Copse during Q1 instead of during the break between Q1 and Q2...

Red Bull's decision not to sign Nico Hulkenberg in 2021 is a decision which continues to have big consequences.

Rikhart
Rikhart

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 23:14
Perez asking to be pushed forward (when he knows the rules) sounds like a driver who has been given an ultimatum.

Also, Perez red flag is why it was raining at Copse during Q1 instead of during the break between Q1 and Q2...

Red Bull's decision not to sign Nico Hulkenberg in 2021 is a decision which continues to have big consequences.
Just sign anyone else. Just race with only one car, those would probably be better options, this is completely unnaceptable. He's finished.

organic

Hungary and Spa, two races where I don't believe Perez has usually had good form. It could well be over for him

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I noted this during the qualifying coverage, and it was also noted by some trackside that the Red Bull was very skittish in damp conditions (on inters and on slicks with drying track in Q2). Lots of snaps and the car didn't turn in any low speed corner. This is all linked back to the very stiff suspension

It will be better if the race is dry. Looking at the onboards from FP3 and qualy, Merc and Mclaren would be dominant in wet conditions.

venkyhere
venkyhere

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 04:42
I noted this during the qualifying coverage, and it was also noted by some trackside that the Red Bull was very skittish in damp conditions (on inters and on slicks with drying track in Q2). Lots of snaps and the car didn't turn in any low speed corner. This is all linked back to the very stiff suspension
Exactly. I too noticed, the body language of the car was 'nervous'. The back to back run Max did with floor damage to get promoted from Q1, is praiseworthy. The suspension is super-stiff. No matter how much they turn-up the front wing, I don't think the car is going to behave well in slow and medium speed corners, the contribution from front wing will be small anyway and the risk it will bring is oversteer in high speed. I can understand the dilemma the stiff suspension is presenting to the team. They are saved their blushes because they have a driver like Max. The kind of guy who can 'somehow' drag a damaged car into competitive positions. Another guy who has done it countless times like this, 'driving around the damage' is Alonso (who I think actually goes faster if the car is damaged :D )

Dunlay
Dunlay

venkyhere wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 06:08
They are saved their blushes because they have a driver like Max. The kind of guy who can 'somehow' drag a damaged car into competitive positions. Another guy who has done it countless times like this, 'driving around the damage' is Alonso (who I think actually goes faster if the car is damaged :D )
Let's be clear that Max made a mistake and got the car damaged in the first place. Team did an excellent job recovering from the damage. Remember 2022 Hungary when Max damaged the car on sighting lap to grid and team performed a miracle to get the car fixed. It's not the driver that saved the day yesterday. It could have been better day if he hadn't damaged the car.

I personally like to see a top talent like Max fighting in adverse situations than having a leisurely Sunday walk in the park. It's so much fun to see rage fuelling a good performance against the odds. I would love to see him battle it out and enjoy a good result.

organic

Dunlay wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 08:51
venkyhere wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 06:08
They are saved their blushes because they have a driver like Max. The kind of guy who can 'somehow' drag a damaged car into competitive positions. Another guy who has done it countless times like this, 'driving around the damage' is Alonso (who I think actually goes faster if the car is damaged :D )
Let's be clear that Max made a mistake and got the car damaged in the first place. Team did an excellent job recovering from the damage. Remember 2022 Hungary when Max damaged the car on sighting lap to grid and team performed a miracle to get the car fixed. It's not the driver that saved the day yesterday. It could have been better day if he hadn't damaged the car.
That was 2020