2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Let's see tomorrow :P no doubt they are moving with similar ideas to mercedes but that doesn't mean the final solution will be the same.
Last edited by organic on 20 Feb 2024, 17:15, edited 2 times in total.

Cs98
Cs98

Quantum wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:09
organic wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:08
Quantum wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:07
"It's a small revolution," the Red Bull advisor tells ServusTV . "Our revolution may not be as big as Mercedes', but it is moving in their direction. Everything worked very well in the simulator and in the wind tunnel. Mercedes was also convinced by the data of their concept without sidepod , but in practice it didn't work at all. During the test days we will see whether we can successfully implement this solution.'

https://www.f1maximaal.nl/formule-1/mar ... n-mercedes

Is this interpretation too?
Yes because it's actually a mistranslation :lol:
So they went Mercedes direction. Which is unique.
Which direction do you interpret them to have gone?
I don't think anyone is disputing that they're moving in that direction, see the engine cover. The question is this silly "zeropod" moniker. It is far from certain this is RB's end solution, the quote even suggests it isn't, "Our revolution may not be as big as Mercedes". There's a lot of space between what they had and what Merc had in 2022 on the sidepod front.

Quantum

Cs98 wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:14
Quantum wrote:
organic wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:08

Yes because it's actually a mistranslation :lol:
I don't think anyone is disputing that they're moving in that direction, see the engine cover. The question is this silly "zeropod" moniker. It is far from certain this is RB's end solution, the quote even suggests it isn't, "Our revolution may not be as big as Mercedes". There's a lot of space between what they had and what Merc had in 2022 on the sidepod front.
The hoo haa surrounding Venturiations post though.
I don't think anyone could actually quantify zeropod given there was a pod, or the W14 nearpod which itself wasn't an identical iteration of the idea. The bottom line is, it's an idea. right? A direction.
Seems plausible to assert they're going Mercedes route from Marko's comments.
"Interplay of triads"

organic

Quantum wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:26
Cs98 wrote:
Quantum wrote:

I don't think anyone could actually quantify zeropod given there was a pod, or the W14 nearpod which itself wasn't an identical iteration of the idea. The bottom line is, it's an idea. right? A direction.
It's not confirmation of zeropods though. Which is how it's being presented as

Within the full interview which is available to watch by the way, linked before and here again

This is the closest and most precise he is about saying what they're doing with the rb20
"We don't have it as extreme [as Mercedes], but we have it in a similar direction in terms of the idea."
Put that together with the Autosport article and confirmation bias let's you join the dots. But it's still not confirming that they're going to rock up with a midwing, extremely slim sidepods with vertical inlets and little to no undercut this season

-wkst-
-wkst-

Maybe some guys here should keep one thing in mind:

It wasn't Adrian Newey (technical guy) talking to AMuS (motorsport magazine), it was Helmut Marko (consultant and jurist) talking to Servus TV "Sport&Talk in Hangar 7" (mainstream sport tv show).

It wasn't a highly complicated tech freak interview.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Quantum wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
Quantum wrote:

for the naming it's just some want to play mental gymnastics, zeropods is how the mercedes concept was named it doesn't mean it doesn't have sidepods they are just small
we can say the same about downwashing sidepods that have been called the "redbull sidepods or redbull concept" without a problem

i think why some are rejecting the possibility of redbull moving to zeropods is because the past 2 year the "ideology" here was that zeropods is an inferior concept and a failure and the "redbull" concept is the superior one
so admitting that redbull could move to zeropds means mercedes was right from the beginning but there was a mistake somewhere and we'll see what redbull does to resolve it.

anyway we'll see tomorrow the real car and go from there
Last edited by Venturiation on 20 Feb 2024, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Cs98
Cs98

Quantum wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
Quantum wrote:

The hoo haa is only stemming from the first two words of the post, which I believe you have now read and why you deleted your previous post where you said he was "only reposting quotes from an article". He isn't, he's crusading.

FW17

Who is this?

Cs98
Cs98

FW17 wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:38
https://i.postimg.cc/9FpnSnSJ/Schermafb ... 093623.png

Who is this?
This relevant? Some lady fan took a picture with Max and now we need to know her identity?

Quantum

Cs98 wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:33
Quantum wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

The hoo haa is only stemming from the first two words of the post, which I believe you have now read and why you deleted your previous post where you said he was "only reposting quotes from an article". He isn't, he's crusading.
(That was replying to a deleted post. I screenshotted it but pointless if the author deletes it)

As for crusading, I've no idea what you mean when he's literally posted a link to show quotes suggesting theyre going the Merc direction. Why is the unquantifiable and fabricated terminology(zeropod was made up) such a contentious issue?
"Interplay of triads"

Venturiation
Venturiation

Quantum wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:43
Cs98 wrote:
Quantum wrote:

(That was replying to a deleted post. I screenshotted it but pointless if the author deletes it)

As for crusading, I've no idea what you mean when he's literally posted a link to show quotes suggesting theyre going the Merc direction. Why is the unquantifiable and fabricated terminology(zeropod was made up) such a contentious issue?
i don't understand neither, i post the rumors and they get mad

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

delete
Last edited by AR3-GP on 21 Feb 2024, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

Cs98
Cs98

Quantum wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:43
Cs98 wrote:
Quantum wrote:

First two words of that post were (before he just now edited it to remove them :lol:) "ZEROPOD confirmed". No such thing was confirmed by Marko in the article that followed. V has been obsessing over the zeropod for over a year. Last year at launch he went through the trouble of trying to tell everyone the W14 in fact had smaller sidepods than the W13 when everyone could see the opposite was true. It's a crusade alright. Read his recent post here talking about "ideology" and proving Merc was right.

hollus

Breathe… breathe until tomorrow morning. And tomorrow, remember to drink.

And please, this goes for many here, if you have posted the same idea 10 times, just stop. Don’t just reword it for the 11th time. The internet cannot be convinced and is allowed to sort of, partially, disagree.
No one wants to read the 11th attempt at convincing and the same counterargument also for the 11th time.
Rivals, not enemies.

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 17:38
https://i.postimg.cc/9FpnSnSJ/Schermafb ... 093623.png

Who is this?
RBR had held a competition and the winner could spend a whole day attending photo shoots of the new clothing in London,
talking to Max and Checo and much more. This is the young lady who won the competition.
The Power of Dreams!