2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Paa

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 16:54
Sky reporter Rachel Brookes suggests that it's a paddock rumour that Marko is not expected to be at RBR in 2025.. we all know about Max's marko escape clause
I wouldn't give too much significance to the Marko escape clause to be honest.
It was pretty much confirmed that Max has performance related escape clauses, so he can leave anyway if and when the car gets worse, which should be the ultimate decision factor for him. I think the Marko clause is/was more important for Marko to get some political protection.

ME4ME

Lets be realistic though, it's extremely unlikely that the RB20 is currently sufficiently deficient to trigger any such performance clause at the moment.

You'd think such clause becomes only becomes relevant if the PU suddenly lacks 100 hp or to that effect.

organic

Paa wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 17:01
organic wrote:
Sky reporter Rachel Brookes suggests that it's a paddock rumour that Marko is not expected to be at RBR in 2025.. we all know about Max's marko escape clause
It was pretty much confirmed that Max has performance related escape clauses, so he can leave anyway if and when the car gets worse, which should be the ultimate decision factor for him. I think the Marko clause is/was more important for Marko to get some political protection.
But if Verstappen is already looking to leave the contract, and marko really is out for 2025 then it just allows max to leave if he wants to, even if the car still scrapes a wdc/wcc or is just about adequate enough.

Performance clauses are usually tied to current championship positions etc. Currently it's quite hard to quantify RB's performance situation, as Max continues to outscore rivals despite the car falling a bit short. In the current situation I couldn't see performance clauses being activated, but I could see other teams being more attractive despite that

When people have suggested that Max might leave common rebuttals are:
-he is loyal
-he will see out his contract

we have seen earlier in the year, he has said outright that he is loyal to Marko. That's the one that brought him to RB and so on. If Marko leaves then it voids both parts of this

chrisc90

Why are we going round in circles again?

Sure Max debunked all the rumours not so long back in a media conference. If he is happy and winning races, scoring the best he can, then he is happy within the team.

Cassius
Cassius

Wouter wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 10:53
Lawson completes important Red Bull test

Lawson took the wheel of Red Bull's current-spec machine at Silverstone in wet conditions :(
in what Christian Horner insisted was a pre-organised outing.

An article about yesterday.

2 laps at a time sounds like aero testing. Media makes it into a Lawson test, I think this is to confirm correlation with sim on the upgrade and to experiment how the new car is reacts to setup changes. He probably tested it on sim as well.

Paa

organic wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 17:16
Paa wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 17:01
organic wrote:
But if Verstappen is already looking to leave the contract, and marko really is out for 2025 then it just allows max to leave if he wants to, even if the car still scrapes a wdc/wcc or is just about adequate enough.

Performance clauses are usually tied to current championship positions etc. Currently it's quite hard to quantify RB's performance situation, as Max continues to outscore rivals despite the car falling a bit short. In the current situation I couldn't see performance clauses being activated, but I could see other teams being more attractive despite that

When people have suggested that Max might leave common rebuttals are:
-he is loyal
-he will see out his contract

we have seen earlier in the year, he has said outright that he is loyal to Marko. That's the one that brought him to RB and so on. If Marko leaves then it voids both parts of this
Yeah, but he also stated very clearly that he is not looking to get out right now and he intends to sit out his contract as long as the car is competitive. If they can reach a mutual agreement with Marko so he can leave with good terms, then it shouldn't trigger Max.

Dee
Dee

Cassius wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 19:48
Wouter wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 10:53
Lawson completes important Red Bull test

Lawson took the wheel of Red Bull's current-spec machine at Silverstone in wet conditions :(
in what Christian Horner insisted was a pre-organised outing.

An article about yesterday.

2 laps at a time sounds like aero testing. Media makes it into a Lawson test, I think this is to confirm correlation with sim on the upgrade and to experiment how the new car is reacts to setup changes. He probably tested it on sim as well.
If they were doing that, wouldn't they wait for the track to dry up...

venkyhere
venkyhere

If Verstappen leaves (a big if) , in my mind the only driver who can be a an 'asset' like him is LeClerc.

Jurgen von Diaz

venkyhere wrote:If Verstappen leaves (a big if) , in my mind the only driver who can be a an 'asset' like him is LeClerc.
If Max leaves in '26 or '27, there will be plenty of candidates to take Max's place: Norris, Piastri, Russell, Leclerc. I don't think anyone wants to share a team with Verstappen if there is a chance to jump to Red Bull. It's a different story if the team Verstappen joins is dominant; it's much harder to leave the team to get out of Verstappen's way.

Jurgen von Diaz

Savage-Helmut. Is the recent years' Red Bull just so tricky to drive for the average F1 driver? Is this the team's idea of a fast car, and they have a driver who can send it?

mzso
mzso

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 22:03
They should put either Tsunoda or Lawson in the car. It is logical.
But Lawson probably needs some F1 race experience before going into the top team. Tsunoda is unreliable.
They need to oust Ricciardo first to get Lawson up to speed, then get rid of Perez. Then find someone completely new for TR.

Jurgen von Diaz

Lawson out of the cold next to Verstappen. Is there even a faster way to kill own career?

venkyhere
venkyhere

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
13 Jul 2024, 16:16
Lawson out of the cold next to Verstappen. Is there even a faster way to kill own career?
Lawson out of the cold will end up P8 in the same car, by default. The last car out of the top 4 teams. Which is what Perez is doing anyway, sometimes, not even that. However, there is a high chance that instead of finishing as the 8/8, he has scope to finish 6/8, 5/8 etc. Who knows, he might even finish on the podium towards end of the season (which is what is expected from Perez).

JordanMugen

mzso wrote:
13 Jul 2024, 16:10
AR3-GP wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 22:03
They should put either Tsunoda or Lawson in the car. It is logical.
But Lawson probably needs some F1 race experience before going into the top team. Tsunoda is unreliable.
They need to oust Ricciardo first to get Lawson up to speed, then get rid of Perez. Then find someone completely new for TR.
But Red Bull are planning to move Ricciardo to the A-team, no?

The on-the-nose handling should suit Ricciardo in theory... [Where it may not suit Tsunoda or Sainz so much.]

Watto
Watto

I think strange into the 2nd Red Bull seat would be a steep too fast for Lawson is Perez is booted as I think using Max as your hardstick could be hard to take.

I could see where perhaps if form warrants it enough. Daniel is given the Perez seat for the rest of the year. With a review at the end of the year for 2025. If Lawson is doing extremely well Daniel is struggling with the as Max;s team mate then maybe you consider a switch