2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dee
Dee

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ispano6 wrote:
14 Jul 2024, 23:31
Very disappointing to read that Max has vision problems since the crash caused by Hamilton at Silverstone 2021. I always felt that crash wasn't going to be without physical consequences. Hamilton didn't feel any remorse that day and knew exactly where he was placing his car. Good for Max to have overcome adversity and beat him to be the true deserving champion. Knowing he has this condition now, I feel his years may be limited, but I also get the feeling that he might have a personal goal to match Hamilton and Schumacher in championships, or even try to beat it.
The quote was mistranslated. He suffered throughout the rest of 2021. He is ok now.

Bill
Bill

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
15 Jul 2024, 04:36
As far as Lawson goes , how do we really know ? Everyone just assumes it will be Gasly 3.0.

Lawson has a similar temperament to Oscar Piastri. I just don't see him getting bent out of shape trying to beat Max.

He beat Tsonoda on his first 2 tries.
he beat Yuki in the first 2 races is gross exaggeration without context.yuki got a penalty in 1st race and didn't start the second one.when things got serious Lawson was 0.5 second slower than yuki.daniel too beat yuki on his first race but he still having trouble after so long .they are people who think he should skip the whole junior team process and go straight to redbull which is silly because he will get smashed by Max.i think people dont want him to face yuki because he get beaten it could end his career as it just begins.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh

The important part, but we already knew that:
The bottom line for us is that everything has to be perfect for us to win. There can't be even the slightest mistake. We were too slow with the medium tyre. But thank God there is an update in Budapest and we hope that this will take us a step forward. If you look at the upcoming races, you can say that Budapest is a rather slow track and Spa is one of Max's favourite tracks, where he has always been exceptionally good. One thing is certain: the update has to work, because we are currently behind McLaren in terms of our base - and if you look at the race in England, also behind Mercedes.

Sergej
Sergej

Budapest will be a difficult race to win, I can see Ferrari coming back in the mix, McLaren will be super fast, we really need this upgrade to be a game changer (which of course won't be)

Spa will be another write off as Max will serve the engine penalty, and this year there is no such strong pace to win from the back

but as long as Max doesn't lose too much against Lando, or even steal some points like in Austria and UK, it's ok

Wouter

Sergej wrote:
15 Jul 2024, 20:42
Spa will be another write off as Max will serve the engine penalty, and this year there is no such strong pace to win from the back
Why would he take a new PU at his home race and at the circuit he likes the most of all the circuits?
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
15 Jul 2024, 21:17
Sergej wrote:
Why would he take a new PU at his home race and at the circuit he likes the most of all the circuits?
Spa is easier to overtake than other circuits. He took penalties there in 2022 and 2023.

Sieper

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
As far as Lawson goes , how do we really know ? Everyone just assumes it will be Gasly 3.0.

Lawson has a similar temperament to Oscar Piastri. I just don't see him getting bent out of shape trying to beat Max.

I don’t think anyone on the grid is quite like Piastri, dry wit, realistic, indeed not seen him bent of out shape once. Lawson seems realistic too but I have seen too little of him yet to be sure.

Sieper

Wouter wrote:
15 Jul 2024, 21:17
Sergej wrote:
Because he lost a full PU in Canada. For me a back of the grid start at Spa is a given and I expect Cota too.

ispano6

TeamKoolGreen wrote:

If Lawson was faster than Tsunoda he'd already have been in the RB. Lawson didn't "beat" Tsunoda by any margin, more or less was over-aggressive within intra-team battle and Yuki had to back off, at his home race no less. Probably taught Yuki to step it up.

Jurgen von Diaz

If there were a faster driver on the market, he would have already been hired for Pérez's seat instead of giving him an early contract extension in the midst of struggles... Oh, wait. If they were to replace Pérez, they would consider the fastest driver on the market, and that would be Ricciardo—especially not Tsunoda... Oh, wait. Toro Rosso is a junior team, they wouldn't drag someone senior just because of PR... Oh, wait.

I think Red Bull these days considers everything else rather than it's driver's skills. Lawson certainly drove well at Toro Rosso, but it's too soon to draw conclusions about whether he is faster than Tsunoda or not.

basti313
basti313

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 07:53
If there were a faster driver on the market, he would have already been hired for Pérez's seat
Well, do not miss the money.
Also for RedBull it is: Sponsor money + money for WCC points. So Perez has a certain level of hidden points in his pocket.
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
instead of giving him an early contract extension in the midst of struggles...
I am not sure if this was not more a bitter pill to swallow. What is openly known now:
- Perez had to accept a performance clause on which RedBull can fire him now.
- Privileges like equal treatment gone. RedBull can now hand out upgrades at will.

So it is rather beneficial to RedBull. They have an extension to sign the Mexican sponsors. And they have full control now. Instead of talking about "you need to up the game and play the good boy", they simply wrote it into the contract...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Jurgen von Diaz

basti313 wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
If there were a faster driver on the market, he would have already been hired for Pérez's seat
Well, do not miss the money.
Also for RedBull it is: Sponsor money + money for WCC points. So Perez has a certain level of hidden points in his pocket.
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
instead of giving him an early contract extension in the midst of struggles...
I am not sure if this was not more a bitter pill to swallow. What is openly known now:
- Perez had to accept a performance clause on which RedBull can fire him now.
- Privileges like equal treatment gone. RedBull can now hand out upgrades at will.

So it is rather beneficial to RedBull. They have an extension to sign the Mexican sponsors. And they have full control now. Instead of talking about "you need to up the game and play the good boy", they simply wrote it into the contract...
Are you sure that the fresh clauses are for the old contract too (2024) and not just for 2025–2026, when the new contract takes effect? Red Bull thought the new contract would have a relaxing effect on Pérez, but they were wrong; things went even worse. So I don't believe that Red Bull has had control of the situation all along. They made a mistake about Pérez's contract and are already considering terminating the contract before it has even started.

bluechris

It's a no brainer to me to get Sainz .. i dont understand how RB is so cool that next year with Tsunoda, Riciardo,Lawson, Perez or any other of the names that there is discussions they will be certain that they will have the championship with only one good & experienced driver. The other teams are closing in, Newey gone, Honda is leaving... i really dont get it. Its not time for experiments for me.

basti313
basti313

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 08:50
Are you sure that the fresh clauses are for the old contract too (2024) and not just for 2025–2026, when the new contract takes effect?
Well, obviously the upgrade policy changed already and no one is even trying to deny the performance clause being in place -now-.
It is usual for such a contract, that it replaces the old contract immediately. I have never heard of a serial contract elongation in sports.
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 08:50
Red Bull thought the new contract would have a relaxing effect on Pérez, but they were wrong; things went even worse.
Well, from everything we know I would not be relaxed as well. But what was the alternative? Not elongate and leave him floating would not have been good for anyone. And with the current performance RedBull could (only?) elongate on terms that benefit RedBull...
bluechris wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 09:04
It's a no brainer to me to get Sainz ..
Yes....but money? I think Sainz is not cheap. And driver money/sponsor money still makes the difference. All the money you save on a driver or gain from Perez sponsors you can spend on people designing boats or supercars. Or gardening...
Don`t russel the hamster!