2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SKYnRacing24

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Russell really is demon atm. Lewis right with him of course but there definitely is a belief with Russell im seing this year, His racepace is not far off Lewis's this year aswell.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Dunlay
Dunlay

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 13:39
Russell really is demon atm. Lewis right with him of course but there definitely is a belief with Russell im seing this year, His racepace is not far off Lewis's this year aswell.
When a driver has all the attention from the team and the car is being configured and developed to his preferences, you would see the driver becoming comfortable, confident and getting faster. We have seen this with Lewis at McLaren after Alonso left, Vettel at Red Bull once they prioritized him, Max at Red Bull after Daniel left and Lando at McLaren after he became their preferrred choice due to Daniel's failure.

Until last year, Mercedes was putting all their weight behind Lewis and trying to give him the car of his liking as he was the driver that had lead them for so long. IMO, instead of chasing Max, if Mercedes focus on building a good car and the right car for George, they would have the same success that Max is getting at Red Bull. A hell of a lot cheaper success as George isn't going to cost as much, for now. My guess is, now that George is out of Lewis' shadow, he will thrive.

PlatinumZealot

Lewis hasn't got a proper straigh race pace fight with him yet. It's always Lewis making mistakes or somebody running him off the track or diffeerent tyres when he starts to close on George. It's aboslutely crucial that Lewis outqualify him and show that there is no other best of the Brits.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Dunlay
Dunlay

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 14:08
Lewis hasn't got a proper straigh race pace fight with him yet. It's always Lewis making mistakes or somebody running him off the track or diffeerent tyres when he starts to close on George. It's aboslutely crucial that Lewis outqualify him and show that there is no other best of the Brits.
Making mistakes is part of a driver make up and running him off track is as much he has done it himself to others. So what goes around and comes around. Part of racing. He knows more than anyone else that if he tries going outside, the car inside will push him out! Is that a surprise? How do you reckon he outqualify George from here onwards? Is there anything Lewis hasn't done yet so far in the last 2.5 years that he can do now?

PlatinumZealot

Dunlay wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 14:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 14:08
Making mistakes is part of a driver make up and running him off track is as much he has done it himself to others. So what goes around and comes around. Part of racing. He knows more than anyone else that if he tries going outside, the car inside will push him out! Is that a surprise? How do you reckon he outqualify George from here onwards? Is there anything Lewis hasn't done yet so far in the last 2.5 years that he can do now?
Form ebbs and flows in sport. Nothing is static. Only last year only Max had a better season and this season has very long way to go.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

venkyhere
venkyhere

This thread is DejaVu central.
The same "Lewis is GOAT" v/s "Russel is better than ageing GOAT" repeated ad infinitum.

maygun
maygun

organic wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 01:09
Toto said to sky Italy when asked about the second seat

33.3% Sainz
33.3% Antonelli
33.3% Verstappen
... and Kimi won his first race in F2 :D wonder what is the current probabilities.

Sainz would be a pain in the *ss with him trying to prove himself, while I like Russell both he and Sainz are considered as not too likeable drivers.

SKYnRacing24

Russell is just better atm. As a Ham fan i can't deny that. If the car has a opportunity to win the chance comes down to Russell now instead of Lewis compared to 23 or 22 where his race pace was actually good compared to Russell. This year apart from Imola there race pace has got closer and Lewis's lack of decisiveness is what will cost him this year . What ever Lewis's performance is displayed in the data. Russell can adapt and tailor it to his own style.

I expect Lewis will be beaten again in qualy
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

xaero
xaero

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 15:36
Russell is just better atm. As a Ham fan i can't deny that. If the car has a opportunity to win the chance comes down to Russell now instead of Lewis compared to 23 or 22 where his race pace was actually good compared to Russell. This year apart from Imola there race pace has got closer and Lewis's lack of decisiveness is what will cost him this year . What ever Lewis's performance is displayed in the data. Russell can adapt and tailor it to his own style.

I expect Lewis will be beaten again in qualy
As a *Rus fan* :mrgreen: disguised as Ham fan :lol:
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

atanatizante

This data is incomplete, therefore the conclusions are also wrong.
I watched the FP2 race simulations on Multiviewer, and the top 4 teams split their drivers up looking for information on how the race would go if you have a 2-stop strategy on various tire configurations indicated by Pirelli as the top two fastest for the race.

So NOR, VER and LEC chose to simulate the 2-stop S-M-S race stint, but based on the fact that VER was on average about 4-tenths slower than NOR and even 2-tenths slower than LEC, I think he ran with more fuel on board than the other two, given the speeds in turns 6 and 15 betraying fuel quantity or PU mode.

The other drivers PIA, RUS, HAM, HAM, and SAI chose to simulate on soft tires for the first or last stint of the race. Hence the times were higher or lower depending on the amount of fuel they had on board. However, the times on soft were slower than on medium tires because they all had more fuel than those simulating stint 2 on medium tires, even if VER had slightly more fuel ... or maybe a setting anticipating a rain race?

The other pilots PIA, RUS, HAM, and SAI chose to simulate the first or last stint of the race on soft tires. Hence the times that were higher or lower, depending on the amount of fuel they had on board. However, the times on soft were slower than on medium tires because they all had more fuel than those simulating stint 2 on medium tires, even if VER had slightly more fuel...or maybe a setting anticipating a race in the rain?

In FP3 many drivers tested the solutions found overnight in their simulator, but what intrigued me was the fact that HAM was always testing something and always making changes on the wheel. In his last simulation lap, he was 2-tenths slower on S1 and 3.5-tenths slower on S2 than his fastest lap (L14) even though he was on intermediate tires having completed 24 laps! Then he went straight to the pits. So many pilots still do not show their hands yet ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Luscion
Luscion

front row lock out, lets go

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Great job =D>

j_ste
j_ste

1...George is just rapid
2...ITS BEEN FAR TOO LONG! Front row lockout!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

That was really fantastic from George. Congrats to both drivers and Mercedes team for this strong performance. Well earned and deserved after the start of the year that they have had and the progress they have made.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Also, it's as I said. Mercedes is the most dangerous when they aren't hyping the upgrades. :lol: