2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Big Tea wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:25
Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:23
mendis wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 10:42
Are you defending online toxicity and your comparitson to diminish such behavior is what happened to a woman in a crowd of morons?
I'm not defending anything. There is, however, no comparison between online trolling/abuse and the physical abuse of someone. And it wasn't just one woman, it was several women. And the morons carrying out the physical abuse all appeared to have a specific allegiance.

None of this is good. It's all bad. It's bad for the sport as a whole and it's bad for the vast majority of fans who just want to enjoy F1 no matter what their own team/driver preferences may or may not be.
I know it is easier said than done, but don't read them. If these people do not get recognition they may bugger off elsewhere
Exactly so - you can ignore tweets. Someone groping you is rather more difficult to ignore.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

El_KaPpa
El_KaPpa

Goblin42 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:51
Moving on to monza, on the drag levels that mercedes has it might be the first double Q1 knockout for mercedes in the turbo hybrid era, the RB is constantly 10 to 15kph faster on the straights, best solution is to take an engine penalty and write off the weekend, but this sport might surprise us ,keeping high hopes
That's also what I was thinking about but as I understand they don't care much about engines as they seems reliable but to gamble and test different setups to get that victory
Of course I struggle. I just don’t quit.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Goblin42 wrote:
Moving on to monza, on the drag levels that mercedes has it might be the first double Q1 knockout for mercedes in the turbo hybrid era, the RB is constantly 10 to 15kph faster on the straights, best solution is to take an engine penalty and write off the weekend, but this sport might surprise us ,keeping high hopes
They will be far away but they will easily qualify out of q1 and make q3. Besides Redbull and Ferrari only Mclaren and alpine can outqualify them. Even if they are draggier than most teams there are still corners at Monza and they can make up a lot of lap time there on those lower ranked teams.
I can see max outqualify them by one sec though. What will be interesting to see is if they can still challenge Ferrari on race day.

ringo

Goblin42 wrote:
I think they will be second fastest there. The track is flat. They will have little trouble with suspension setup and ride.
The can bias the car to very low drag without consequences. Remember in the earlier part of the season the car had overheating issues. I think they can close up the holes some more here at monza and improve efficiency.
The car should also be good in the chicanes.

So I am hoping they can challenge here. The track should suit Lewis's driving style.
For Sure!!

continuum16

Goblin42 wrote:
Not double Q1, but I would not be shocked to see them qualify like 5th and 7th and be split by the Alpines. They just have to make sure not to get stuck behind Albon's Williams on Sunday, either off the start or in the pit stops, because it will probably be impossible to overtake.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Cs98
Cs98

Hammerfist wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 19:15
Goblin42 wrote:
They will be far away but they will easily qualify out of q1 and make q3. Besides Redbull and Ferrari only Mclaren and alpine can outqualify them. Even if they are draggier than most teams there are still corners at Monza and they can make up a lot of lap time there on those lower ranked teams.
I can see max outqualify them by one sec though. What will be interesting to see is if they can still challenge Ferrari on race day.
McLaren are also draggy. I'd be more worried about the low drag cars like AM, AT, even Williams. They'll obviously be much slower in the corners, but when it's 80% full throttle that matters less, especially in Quali.

organic

Williams are actually fairly decent in the slow speed corners. They were good through and out of La Source at Spa, though that required a setup compromise so hard to tell if that will continue

My expectation is that Merc will not have a problem outqualifying all but alpine

Mostlyeels
Mostlyeels

Cs98 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 21:18
Hammerfist wrote:
Goblin42 wrote:
McLaren are also draggy. I'd be more worried about the low drag cars like AM, AT, even Williams. They'll obviously be much slower in the corners, but when it's 80% full throttle that matters less, especially in Quali.
AM look to have taken a step forward since the break.

Rodak
Rodak

Hammerfist wrote:
Goblin42 wrote:
I wouldn't bet everything on that, the Williams has been pretty quick on high speed tracks. Having said that, they do have Latifi.......

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

e30ernest wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 04:49
napoleon1981 wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 04:41
Big Tea wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 18:09

I did suspect that maybe he was baiting Max to pass him before the line.
These two drivers are the craftiest ever and consider things we only think of later.
That would be a Lewis move. There is some onboard with Max lifting to avoid passing Lewis. I would be interested to see the Lewis throttle trace. The speed differential was unusually high quite sudden with Max pulling out of the draft early. I suspect Lewis lifted as well to draw Max in an error.
Someone posted the telemetry on the race thread. Lewis was flat out on the throttle on the restart. Max was just that much faster on the straight.
Thanks, yeah he was flat on the telemetry. Sounds like he might have been in the wrong engine mode.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Rodak wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 01:35
Hammerfist wrote:
Goblin42 wrote:
I wouldn't bet everything on that, the Williams has been pretty quick on high speed tracks. Having said that, they do have Latifi.......
Williams is not a threat. Come on they are the second slowest team. I can see slbon make it to q3 but nothing more. Again its not just straight line speed at Monza.

georgekyr
georgekyr

napoleon1981 wrote:
e30ernest wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 04:49
napoleon1981 wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 04:41

That would be a Lewis move. There is some onboard with Max lifting to avoid passing Lewis. I would be interested to see the Lewis throttle trace. The speed differential was unusually high quite sudden with Max pulling out of the draft early. I suspect Lewis lifted as well to draw Max in an error.
Someone posted the telemetry on the race thread. Lewis was flat out on the throttle on the restart. Max was just that much faster on the straight.
Thanks, yeah he was flat on the telemetry. Sounds like he might have been in the wrong engine mode.
Or the right one if he was trying to get Max to pass him before the starting line. Choosing a mode that ensures he would be with 100% throttle and Max able to pass him before the starting line. I believe the mode was part of the strategy Lewis chose which did not work because Max lifted his foot momentarily from the throttle...

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A528B μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Jdn1327 wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 08:12
Hunt and Lauda...
You do know that Hunt and Lauda were actually friends, don't you?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Cs98
Cs98

Hammerfist wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 05:21
Rodak wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 01:35
Hammerfist wrote:

Williams is not a threat. Come on they are the second slowest team. I can see slbon make it to q3 but nothing more. Again its not just straight line speed at Monza.
Goatifi is not a threat. Albon might be in quali. Obviously in the race he will be slower, but on new softs and with better straight line speed I can see him being a threat.

Cs98
Cs98

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 09:53
Jdn1327 wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 08:12
Hunt and Lauda...
You do know that Hunt and Lauda were actually friends, don't you?
To begin with and in the end. I do believe they fell out somewhere in the middle.