2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Swed3120
Swed3120

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Not sure if if I got this right but if sainz gets another reprimand here , he might get a 10 place grid drop

the EDGE
the EDGE

MrGapes wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:11
Lando was fueled for two lap flying laps... so there was definitely more to come... unfortunate but cant complain
Probably wouldn’t have changed anything though, pretty sure top 4 were out of reach if they’d all finished final laps

Emag
Emag

Swed3120 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:13
Not sure if if I got this right but if sainz gets another reprimand here , he might get a 10 place grid drop
Why would he get a reprimand though?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

MrGapes wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:11
Lando was fueled for two lap flying laps... so there was definitely more to come... unfortunate but cant complain
And he was pulling green mini sectors before the red flag… At the same time, the others could have improved also, so we would never really know what the outcome may have been… But he banked a very good lap when he needed to do it and that’s what matters

billamend
billamend

Ricciardo will be replaced in the summer break, I bet.

billamend
billamend

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:30
Swed3120 wrote:
He missed a yellow flag and crashed into Perez… That could easily be a reprimand at a minimum.

Swed3120
Swed3120

Emag wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:30
Swed3120 wrote:
He entered a yellow sector at an unsafe speed and passed a yellow without slowing down significantly

Mansell89
Mansell89

Some of the language used to described Ricciardo is unnecessary and wrapped up in over emotional reactions.

He’s smashed Vettel, raced well with Max, and won multiple Grand Prix. Sure, he’s had a tough patch, but cut the guy some slack and realise that Norris is frighteningly good.

Give Daniel some respect. Still back him to --- up the critics when given machinery to genuinely be in the podium fights.

Lando with an unreal lap today- but for the slight corrections towards the end he may well have beaten Red Bull.

Emag
Emag

Man, if they manage to put some downforce on this thing, this is not a bad car at all. To lose 0.4s on basically three downforce corners is rough. Strength/Weaknesses seem to have swapped from last couple of years.

Swed3120
Swed3120

Mansell89 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:34
Some of the language used to described Ricciardo is unnecessary and wrapped up in over emotional reactions.

He’s smashed Vettel, raced well with Max, and won multiple Grand Prix. Sure, he’s had a tough patch, but cut the guy some slack and realise that Norris is frighteningly good.

Give Daniel some respect. Still back him to --- up the critics when given machinery to genuinely be in the podium fights.

Lando with an unreal lap today- but for the slight corrections towards the end he may well have beaten Red Bull.
The problem is „a Rough patch“ is 4-5 races , like sainz is having.

1.5 years of being continuesly smashed into little pieces by your team-mate is career ending.
And in F1, it doesn’t matter who you once beat , what matters is your current performance, there are a lot of great drivers that simply overstayed there welcome in the sport.

And as for the respect, I find it difficult to respect a driver who has never once admitted that he just isn’t fast enough , there i always an excuse , the car, the driving style , the Team …
He has become a waste of a competitive seat in F1 , how can it be the pinnacle of Motorsport when piastri is sitting on the sidelines , while Daniel takes a Leisurely drive to P14 in what is comfortably the 3rd fastest car this weekend.
Just imagine how it would look if lando had hooked up that last sector perfectly
lando P3 , Daniel P14 , he and his antics are not only ruining McLarens WDC hopes, but also wasting valuable seat time for other more dissecting drivers

Big Tea

billamend wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:31
Ricciardo will be replaced in the summer break, I bet.
To be replaced in season it would have to be a driver without a contract. Not sure taking an unproven driver would be a good move. If Red Bull hesitate re-signing they should snatch Checo from them.
Last edited by Big Tea on 28 May 2022, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Swed3120 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:41
Mansell89 wrote:

The problem is „a Rough patch“ is 4-5 races , like sainz is having.

1.5 years of being continuesly smashed into little pieces by your team-mate is career ending.
And in F1, it doesn’t matter who you once beat , what matters is your current performance, there are a lot of great drivers that simply overstayed there welcome in the sport.

And as for the respect, I find it difficult to respect a driver who has never once admitted that he just isn’t fast enough , there i always an excuse , the car, the driving style , the Team …
He has become a waste of a competitive seat in F1 , how can it be the pinnacle of Motorsport when piastri is sitting on the sidelines , while Daniel takes a Leisurely drive to P14 in what is comfortably the 3rd fastest car this weekend.
Just imagine how it would look if lando had hooked up that last sector perfectly
lando P3 , Daniel P14 , he and his antics are not only ruining McLarens WDC hopes, but also wasting valuable seat time for other more dissecting drivers
You don’t become an awful driver over night and I’d wager that whilst you say he’s been “smashed into little pieces” - you’ve probably completely overlooked the moments where actually he’s been pretty close.

Ricciardo hasn’t caught fire for sure, Lando has, but I think things get greatly exaggerated.

At the end of the day, time will tell.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Mansell89 wrote:

Agree that some of the language used is unnecessary and emotional… But you are doing the same thing by saying “Smashed Vettel”, he didn’t outperform Vettel by a larger margin than Lando is beating him.

On the other hand, in regards to waiting for him to have the machinery to be in podium fights, he is not paid to perform only when that happens, he is paid handsomely to bring the most out of the equipment he is given and help the team fight for as high in the Championship they can get to, whether that is P9 or P1 in the WCC doesn’t matter… If he is not going to perform because he isn’t in a winning car, he may need to step aside… He is paid top tier salary for top tier performances and the measuring stick is his team mate, so far he simply hasn’t delivered.

He has a contract with the team, I don’t think the team will sack him before the season ends, but it will be surprising to extend his contract based on his current performance.

Mansell89
Mansell89

SmallSoldier wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:47
Mansell89 wrote:

Agree that some of the language used is unnecessary and emotional… But you are doing the same thing by saying “Smashed Vettel”, he didn’t outperform Vettel by a larger margin than Lando is beating him.

On the other hand, in regards to waiting for him to have the machinery to be in podium fights, he is not paid to perform only when that happens, he is paid handsomely to bring the most out of the equipment he is given and help the team fight for as high in the Championship they can get to, whether that is P9 or P1 in the WCC doesn’t matter… If he is not going to perform because he isn’t in a winning car, he may need to step aside… He is paid top tier salary for top tier performances and the measuring stick is his team mate, so far he simply hasn’t delivered.

He has a contract with the team, I don’t think the team will sack him before the season ends, but it will be surprising to extend his contract based on his current performance.
Fair enough- think that’s a good assessment of things actually.