2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Szabi1112
Szabi1112

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 May 2022, 16:33
Actually Daniel might gain some positions from strategy going for one less pit stop. Also he is playing a perfect shield.

I think I would go for Dry Tyres and hopefully soon.
Funny

Marc.W

If they left Lando out he could have been leading

Darth-Piekus

I see how we lost that place to Russell. Can we still obtain it back?

Xero

Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 May 2022, 16:49
Going to the end on these tyres, so will need to overtake on track. Very unlikely!

Emag
Emag

Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 May 2022, 16:49
If everything stays normal, not really, because even if we had a faster car you can't overtake here. But never say never I guess.

Darth-Piekus

Well bit unlucky as he passed us for half a second. Let's see. Lando is catching Russell and he will battle him soon. I hope that he catches him. Nope. He is losing ground now. I was having hopes seeing him getting ground before.

Well. With the safety car he might have a chance but is very slim due to Monaco. Pity. He was faster than Rusell before.

Emag
Emag

Given the dryer track, I think we might have a standing restart this time. Opportunity for Lando to make positions in that case but also a chance to lose some. Not exactly comfortable with someone like Fernando behind who is one of the best starters.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Promising race but unlucky so far. Seems the car does not have pace on wet and we didn't get lucky.

Lot of time to race, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more fireworks in the top 4. Lando should push hard to overtake Russel.

Darth-Piekus

Damn. I feel like Lando had his position stolen. Not literally but you know. When you lead by 4 seconds and are faster than the Mercedes behind it's gutting to lose that position.

Emag
Emag

FittingMechanics wrote:
29 May 2022, 17:01
Promising race but unlucky so far. Seems the car does not have pace on wet and we didn't get lucky.

Lot of time to race, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more fireworks in the top 4. Lando should push hard to overtake Russel.
What do you mean? Lando pulled over 4 seconds to George in the wet stint. The only cars which were faster were the rb and ferrari in front, which would have probably been quicker in the dry.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Emag wrote:
29 May 2022, 17:03
What do you mean? Lando pulled over 4 seconds to George in the wet stint. The only cars which were faster were the rb and ferrari in front, which would have probably been quicker in the dry.
I meant against RB/Ferrari. I was hoping that the gap is smaller than when dry.

Lando did a great job by gapping Russel. Not sure why the team went to inters - they did not have a chance to threaten Perez or Verstappen and Mercedes was not threatening (Hamilton was bogged down by wet runners).

Emag
Emag

FittingMechanics wrote:
29 May 2022, 17:05
Emag wrote:
29 May 2022, 17:03
I meant against RB/Ferrari. I was hoping that the gap is smaller than when dry.

Lando did a great job by gapping Russel. Not sure why the team went to inters - they did not have a chance to threaten Perez or Verstappen and Mercedes was not threatening (Hamilton was bogged down by wet runners).
They should have gone 2-3 laps earlier to the inter to be honest. The cars on inter were at 3-4 second per lap advantage. Big enough gap for Lando to catch George in about 4-5 laps like that after the pit stop. But because they waited too long, George got enough time to go to the dry tires.

Xero

Only lost 1 place, so could have been worse (look at Leclerc). Hopefully the front runners trip over each other and Lando can steal a couple of positions.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Emag wrote:
29 May 2022, 17:07
They should have gone 2-3 laps earlier to the inter to be honest. The cars on inter were at 3-4 second per lap advantage. Big enough gap for Lando to catch George in about 4-5 laps like that after the pit stop. But because they waited too long, George got enough time to go to the dry tires.
Exactly. They should have gone earlier to inters or later to hards.

But ok, it's P5 or P6. Not losing a victory.

Darth-Piekus

In the meantime Danny got very unlucky as he went to Dry straight and never managed to gain any position due to the Red Flag.