2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, May 17 - 19

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Elite
Elite

Re: 2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, May 17 - 19

Silent Storm wrote:
19 May 2024, 21:11
Elite wrote:
19 May 2024, 20:54
Max is a great driver and very consistent. But he's not god, we saw what happened when the car wasn't up to par on Friday.

I think the majority of us would respect him more if it wasn't for his insufferable fan base #-o

The excuses and mind games they like to post makes the board bad to read sometimes...
Says a Lewis fan... :lol:
I agree there are some Lewis fans that are a holes too, like that Rob Myers guy on Twitter.

But I don't constantly try and make lewis look like a god by saying the Mercedes is the 9th best car or something. I am also critical of his qualifying and other errors and if he makes an error like the one he did today I will chastise him for it on here. Instead of trying to make some excuse on why it happened and pretend it made his pace worse...

Dee
Dee

Elite wrote:
19 May 2024, 21:16
Silent Storm wrote:
19 May 2024, 21:11
Elite wrote:
Max is a great driver and very consistent. But he's not god, we saw what happened when the car wasn't up to par on Friday.

I think the majority of us would respect him more if it wasn't for his insufferable fan base #-o

The excuses and mind games they like to post makes the board bad to read sometimes...
Says a Lewis fan... :lol:
I agree there are some Lewis fans that are a holes too, like that Rob Myers guy on Twitter.

But I don't constantly try and make lewis look like a god by saying the Mercedes is the 9th best car or something. I am also critical of his qualifying and other errors and if he makes an error like the one he did today I will chastise him for it on here. Instead of trying to make some excuse on why it happened and pretend it made his pace worse...
There is nothing to criticize Max for this race wkd though, only applaud..

If you can't give credit where its due and have to bring Lewis and Merc into it instead then...

AMG.Tzan

Question is:

Would Norris have been able to win had he started on pole?

McLaren in Miami showcased that they can win from out front in the clear air! That end of race pace gives some clues as to what that McLaren was capable of…

Do you think it’s just coincidence that the Red Bull looks like losing pace at the end of the race like Miami? Could it be that the car gets worse the lower the fuel?

I mean Qualifying looks ok with low fuel but that start of race pace is always incredible…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Elite wrote:

His experimental setup delivered tho.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 May 2024, 21:44
Question is:

McLaren in Miami showcased that they can win from out front in the clear air! That end of race pace gives some clues as to what that McLaren was capable of…

Do you think it’s just coincidence that the Red Bull looks like losing pace at the end of the race like Miami? Could it be that the car gets worse the lower the fuel?

I mean Qualifying looks ok with low fuel but that start of race pace is always incredible…
Max and Helmut said Hard tyre was not in right temperature window... They couldn't bring it upto temperature. So it's a temperature thing rather than low fuel pace.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Question is:

Maybe redbull struggles more on the harder compound. Everyone was so sure it was damage that held max back in Miami. I think today proves different. Perhaps in their quest to get pole every race they dont optimize for the harder compounds. Just a guess.

Dee
Dee

Hammerfist wrote:
19 May 2024, 21:59
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Question is:

Maybe redbull struggles more on the harder compound. Everyone was so sure it was damage that held max back in Miami. I think today proves different. Perhaps in their quest to get pole every race they dont optimize for the harder compounds. Just a guess.
Agree with this, the compound they were on at the end of the race was the same compound Norris pulled away on in Miami. RB doesn't seem to like it. I noticed that Perez was nowhere on the hard even before he made that mistake that put him another 5 seconds back.

LetHimTrough
LetHimTrough

Uhmmm Red Bull struggling to warm up the softest Hards possible in this year Pirellis.

I am finding really interesting this season, the races are always leaving some nuggets to be explored in the next race.

ringo

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Question is:

I think Norris still loses. The medium tyre works well on RB20. Look at the start carefully, the traction off the line and the acceleration up to top speed for the RB20 still showing the strong section 1 pace.
It's one thing to chase but another to be chased. If Norris was being chased by Max, I think Max would have undercut him for the lead at the end of the first stint.
Norris was quick today, and DOTD for me, but this was more of a Redbull/Max blip than Mcl38 having race leading pace.
With Norris and Piastri working together if no penaltg for Oscar, i think McLaren could have set up a Norris win.
Last edited by ringo on 19 May 2024, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
For Sure!!

Sieper

There is literally nobody saying Max is a god or that he drove a tractor from Imola. That is all hyperbole and likely just emotions speaking. The bad thing about is that people introduce these terms themselves and then go on to say the Max fanbase is bad for saying so. What is that for a weird kind of tactic and why do we have to do this everytime.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

epo wrote:
19 May 2024, 20:42
Vanja #66 wrote:
19 May 2024, 20:25
PlatinumZealot wrote:
19 May 2024, 20:20
The RedBull is still too fast on the strights. He only could have won if Max made a mistake
Apparently RB was as bad as Mercedes this weekend and it was only Max who manages to win with it. Nevermind Perez being stuck in traffic first, then faster than Max in the final third of the race :mrgreen:
Mercedes? Why talking about Mercedes, fourth team not interesting at all, we have Ferrari, Mclaren and RB faster cars, more interesting drivers so please keep that Mercedes talk into the team forums.
Mercedes were at the Imola GP and therefore talking about them in the Imola GP thread is ok, surely?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, May 17 - 19

Sieper wrote:There is literally nobody saying Max is a god or that he drove a tractor from Imola. That is all hyperbole and likely just emotions speaking. The bad thing about is that people introduce these terms themselves and then go on to say the Max fanbase is bad for saying so. What is that for a weird kind of tactic and why do we have to do this everytime.
That’s in response to reactions that seem like Max won a race with Williams.

He started on pole, some folks said he was going to be on pole even without the tow because he did a 23.4 before.

Comfortably got out of DRS range in 1 lap, then took off until the last 10-15 laps where Lando caught up but had absolutely no chance to overtake.

Norris had same pressure from Leclerc, Leclerc had from Piastri and Piastri had on Sainz.

MCL had Norris who nursed his tires and Piastri who burned them quick. Max drove the usual great race but he wouldn’t have won without a great car.

That’s about it. RBR still best car of the lot, MCL close 2nd and Ferrari close 3rd.
Last edited by dialtone on 19 May 2024, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

Down the feild stroll put in a strong race.
Looks like the upgrades are helping him more than Alonso. :D
Tsunoda had a strong race also. Daniel wasnt as bad. But i would promote Yuki to redbull after seeing his form this season.

The fastest strategy for this race seems to be the perez and stroll one. Going long then going onto the soft.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Hammerfist wrote:
19 May 2024, 21:59
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Question is:

It was said they didn't get practice laps on the harder compound.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

dialtone wrote:
19 May 2024, 22:56
Sieper wrote:There is literally nobody saying Max is a god or that he drove a tractor from Imola. That is all hyperbole and likely just emotions speaking. The bad thing about is that people introduce these terms themselves and then go on to say the Max fanbase is bad for saying so. What is that for a weird kind of tactic and why do we have to do this everytime.
That’s in response to reactions that seem like Max won a race with Williams.

He started on pole, some folks said he was going to be on pole even without the tow because he did a 23.4 before.

Comfortably got out of DRS range in 1 lap, then took off until the last 10-15 laps where Lando caught up but had absolutely no chance to overtake.

Norris had same pressure from Leclerc, Leclerc had from Piastri and Piastri had on Sainz.

MCL had Norris who nursed his tires and Piastri who burned them quick. Max drove the usual great race but he wouldn’t have won without a great car.

That’s about it. RBR still best car of the lot, MCL close 2nd and Ferrari close 3rd.
I dunno, I'd absolutely be inclined to say that Max made the difference this weekend. And that if you switched cars between Norris and Max, that Max would have dominated in the Mclaren. I really do think Red Bull was probably only 2nd fastest car here overall. And yes, I do think Max is a step ahead of basically the whole rest of the grid to achieve results like this.

It's like people forget that Max was not always in a dominant car. He'd won lots of races before Red Bull became class of the field in 2022, and I'd argue won the championship in 2021 in a car slightly weaker than the Mercedes over the whole season against a driver many consider to be the best ever.

He's not a god, but he's absolutely an alien level talent.