2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

ringo wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 20:56
Well after how many years on this forum? I think I am going to say goodbye. I have had lots of harassment from moderators for no apparent reason because of their bias.
I have had at least 4 uncalled for intimidations and repeated posts deleted in only 24hours.. because it is against the agenda of whoever is moderating or owns this forum. I guess the site has become quite political to some extent.
Other users have continued to discuss the same points I raise, as they are legitimate issues.
These mods are not able to say why they are deleting my posts.
I think the forum has changed a lot and it's best I seek elsewhere to discuss the sport with F-1 fans. :)
A lot of us feel the way you do. Not sure these moderators always understand how to do their jobs. If you are biased in any way dont be a moderator. Its that simple.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Mchamilton wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 19:02
chrisc90 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 17:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 17:26
I think Lewis should have focused on undercutting or overcutting Sainz. Sometimes you just gotta ride it out... Bonno hasn't been that calmning these days. I would say he's gotten lazy.
His days are over. Rookie mistakes and not really as good as some make out now he's in a midfield car.
Standard comment from you yet again. Almost as boring as that race.

Yet you keep on giving him air. I make ita point to never respond to that particular poster. All he does is post rubbish about Hamilton.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

CHT wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 18:58
RZS10 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 18:51
The discussion was about used/new inters, not wets.
The slick was also a problem for Lewis. They are all new I think.
Even with DRS, Lewis was struggling to pass Aston Martin
It wasnt just lewis who had problem passing. Did you not watch max struggle to pass alonso and lando? The only reason max got vettel was the fact he was on a newer faster compound. Nobody was passing without taking huge risks.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

ringo wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 20:56
Well after how many years on this forum? I think I am going to say goodbye. I have had lots of harassment from moderators for no apparent reason because of their bias.
I have had at least 4 uncalled for intimidations and repeated posts deleted in only 24hours.. because it is against the agenda of whoever is moderating or owns this forum. I guess the site has become quite political to some extent.
Other users have continued to discuss the same points I raise, as they are legitimate issues.
These mods are not able to say why they are deleting my posts.
I think the forum has changed a lot and it's best I seek elsewhere to discuss the sport with F-1 fans. :)
Agreed, im right there with your, this site has gone to the crap hole

CHT
CHT

Hammerfist wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 21:14
CHT wrote:
RZS10 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 18:51
The discussion was about used/new inters, not wets.
It wasnt just lewis who had problem passing. Did you not watch max struggle to pass alonso and lando? The only reason max got vettel was the fact he was on a newer faster compound. Nobody was passing without taking huge risks.
Aston Martin has 37 pts in constructor vs Merc 373. Even on the same tyres, I would think Merc is still a much quicker car. Perhaps Vettel is good at defending his position?

PlatinumZealot

Hammerfist wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 21:10
Mchamilton wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 19:02
chrisc90 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 17:28

His days are over. Rookie mistakes and not really as good as some make out now he's in a midfield car.
Standard comment from you yet again. Almost as boring as that race.

Yet you keep on giving him air. I make ita point to never respond to that particular poster. All he does is post rubbish about Hamilton.
He does it with impunity too. Day in day out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

CHT wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 00:28
Hammerfist wrote:
CHT wrote:

Aston Martin has 37 pts in constructor vs Merc 373. Even on the same tyres, I would think Merc is still a much quicker car. Perhaps Vettel is good at defending his position?
Lewis was faster than Vettel and Maxwas faster than both of them. 1.5 seconds a lap faster at a point before he caught them. Still wasn't enough to pass Lewis. With Lewis out of the way after that, the delta him and Vettel was then large enough for a clean traction pass onto the straight.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

chrisc90

Ralf Schumacher gives his take

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/142097/f ... m=facebook

It certainly wouldn’t be a good look for either side of that is found to be true

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

chrisc90 wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 09:55

It certainly wouldn’t be a good look for either side of that is found to be true
When you point your finger at someone there are 3 pointing back at you. Honestly I think Toto got excited of a prospective win against an FIA that he has lost against with AD21. In his haste he seems to have forgotten plausible deniability is key in these situations.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:

Ralf should be careful saying such things in writing. He didn't make that much money when he was a driver and defamation / libel cases can be very expensive to defend and, especially, lose.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

epo
epo

Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:17
chrisc90 wrote:

Ralf should be careful saying such things in writing. He didn't make that much money when he was a driver and defamation / libel cases can be very expensive to defend and, especially, lose.
Wow, so basically your saying he should watch out for the power of Toto #-o
Anyways Ralf is totally right, hope more will follow.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

epo wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:21
Just_a_fan wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

No, I'm pointing out that making specific allegations about someone in writing leaves little room for defence. That's why people talk in general terms about such things most of the time.

As for Ralf being right - how do you know? Do you have inside information or is it just your own prejudices?

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

CHT wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 00:28
Hammerfist wrote:
CHT wrote:

or perhaps there was only 1 line throughout 90% of the circuit..

chrisc90

Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:26
epo wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

No, I'm pointing out that making specific allegations about someone in writing leaves little room for defence. That's why people talk in general terms about such things most of the time.

As for Ralf being right - how do you know? Do you have inside information or is it just your own prejudices?
How do we know that toto and Binotto is right aswell?

Surely your statement about ralf also applies to both toto and Binotto?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 15:11
Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:26
epo wrote:

How do we know that toto and Binotto is right aswell?

Surely your statement about ralf also applies to both toto and Binotto?
You can bet that Toto and Binotto are very careful about what they say and that they have material to defend any action that might be taken against them. Both have team legal teams that will ensure they don't say actionable stuff.

Ralf, on the other hand, is just a pundit that has provided a lovely soundbite quote to the media and who, of course, will be the one that faces action if it is forthcoming. The media outlet he spoke to won't be liable because they are just quoting him.

As for who is more likely to have accurate information about these things, I'm going to bet that Ralf knows a lot less about stuff going on in F1 than either of the two team principals.