[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
variante

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

LVDH wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 10:10
Also MVRC is still waiting for a CFD journalist to cover the championship. Please apply.
Just making sure you did not miss this:

MadMatt wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 08:00
Once again I won't have time to participate, but I will follow the competition. What I hope is that us (the public) we get to see your cars more! By that I mean images. Either 3D modelling pictures, or CFD.

Regarding the "CFD journalist", I am tempted to send my application! This is something I would have time for. :)

LVDH

Yes, but I think that I wrote into the forum that he can have the job and also wrote him an email to which he did not reply. He can still come but others can join as well.

machin

[Double post!]
Last edited by machin on 23 Sep 2018, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

LVDH

Ok guys, so here you go (sorry for the delay):

machin

Haha, great minds think alike!!!

Look at how close that was! (The lap times, not mine and Andre’s posts! 😂)

CAEdevice

Congratulations to Variante! Well deserved!

The timelap difference is very small, in the next races attention to details and refinement will be even more important.

variante

Wow that was close! I haven't won a race since 2016 and, honestly, I was a bit tired of generic podium placements or worse...

It's nice to see that this year I developed the car enough to compensate for two years of great achievements from my main opponents (and I'm especially talking about CAEdevice and JJR). It hasn't been an easy chase for sure!

etsmc
etsmc

Happy to be with in 1.2 seconds of pure power racing now, interested to see the numbers and where they have improved. I have been struggling to make any more gains after the big leap from last race. Well done to the rest its starting to bunch up already its going to take a lot to get ahead now.

machin

LVDH wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 10:10
... scrutineering results are out:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/scrutineer ... pang-2018/
Just a heads up; There’s a couple of repeat rules “violations” on simple things like being outside the bodywork volumes... you guys should take note as this could really affect positions and undo much of your hard work on the CFD...

variante

It seems like Andre is busy. Machin, do you have the numerical data of the cars to share?
I want to understand why my car performed half a second slower than I predicted, so I can find a solution as long as I have the time.

BTW, the Results Page on the official site needs the standings. And the remaining data too.

As for the tech review of the cars, it might be worth contacting some veterans of this forum, like "Vanja #66" (who already wrote articles for f1 technical) or "jjn9128".
May I suggest a partnership with F1 Technical? Such review could be published on its main page as it already happens with other kinds of tech articles, with great benefits in terms of visibility.

machin

Here are the CFD results:

machin

...If JJR can get his balance sorted out (without affecting the other two coefficients) he'll be hard to beat...

....I suspect that Matteo (CAE Device) will be spending a little more time on development for the next round? :-)

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 18:51
...If JJR can get his balance sorted out (without affecting the other two coefficients) he'll be hard to beat...

....I suspect that Matteo (CAE Device) will be spending a little more time on development for the next round? :-)
Definitely! Honestly I don't know where to find more downforce with the same efficiency (cl/cd ratio around 6). Both JJR and Variante (despite different setup) have a better car than mine, they only need to improve balance.
Maybe CAEdevice era ended?

machin

It will be interesting to see what Variante reveals about his front vortex generators when he publishes his Tech article.....

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 19:28
It will be interesting to see what Variante reveals about his front vortex generators when he publishes his Tech article.....
Let's try and guess: they improve cooling reducing flow separation inside the ducts?