2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Astro85
Astro85

Beautiful lap from Russell, he never gets the credit, Hamilton was probably just his usual self, George was on fire yesterday.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Didn't Lewis say he gained 4kg over the summer break because he ate too much? Is he back to his normal weight? He does seem a bit off in qualifying since the return from the break. But I'm not worried about lewis, he will bounce back sooner or later.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Russell is mighty in qualy. He was also at Jeddah this year.
But I expect Lewis to finish ahead of him as he's the better racer, even if he's a bit off on Saturday. It was already the case with Bottas. He's just a pure racer these days.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Usually Hamilton is fairly clean but today he managed to somehow take out another driver because he apparently doesn't have mirrors and then only gets a 5 second penalty.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Hamilton always have this bozo moments once a year :
- 2022 : Alonso at Spa
-2021 : I don't think we should put so much blame on him for this, but we can mention Silverstone
- 2020 : Albon in Austria
- 2019 : Albon in Brazil
Etc... Massa 2011 comes to mind too.

Nevertheless great race from him, I wonder where he could've finished without losing so much race time in the first stint in the DRS train.
Solid job from Russell, his pass on Ocon was "cynical" but it was probably necessary

Both cars maximized the result today. But it's pretty bad to see how much they havn't improved in terms of top speed/efficiency. The race might've been much more difficult with Tsunoda

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Car was third fastest. Russell tried to keep up with the leading pack but couldn’t.

It was Lewis fault for the incident but I just think he tried to open up the corner as much as possible not really knowing where piastri was.

It’s so unpredictable behind the bulls, really boggles the mind. 2nd fastest car on any given Sunday = any other race team not named Rb.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

214270 wrote:
03 Sep 2023, 17:37
It’s so unpredictable behind the bulls, really boggles the mind. 2nd fastest car on any given Sunday = any other race team not named Rb.
I knew Ferrari would be second best in spa and Monza. Their aero efficiency is only second to Redbull.

In Singapore I think it will be Merc. And I think we can beat Perez there.

ringo

Ferrari are willong to screw their season engine allocation for this race. They are smiling now but it will come back to haunt them further down. I am sure they revved out their engines to grab the podium today.

Good job by Lewis, but felt he could have podiumed with a better qualifying or just better setup for the weekend.

Damage limitation weekend for both drivers.

He reeled in some points on Alonso. The gap is 6 points and Aston just did their upgrade.
They should be vulnerable now until their next upgrade.

Russel can catch both Sainz and Leclerc but it will take some consisten results ahead of both.
For Sure!!

j_ste
j_ste

Starting on Hard is always difficult but ending on the medium saved the day...that being said, we cant know what the other way would have been like

As a team, it feels like they have taken a backwards step these two races. Maybe the next races will be better...I really dont know.
The Bulls are unbeatable

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Hammerfist wrote:
03 Sep 2023, 17:56
214270 wrote:
03 Sep 2023, 17:37
I knew Ferrari would be second best in spa and Monza. Their aero efficiency is only second to Redbull.

In Singapore I think it will be Merc. And I think we can beat Perez there.
Singapore is a street track though. Perez performs better due to 90 degree corners. He won here last year.

ringo

j_ste wrote:
03 Sep 2023, 19:11
Starting on Hard is always difficult but ending on the medium saved the day...that being said, we cant know what the other way would have been like

As a team, it feels like they have taken a backwards step these two races. Maybe the next races will be better...I really dont know.
The Bulls are unbeatable
Qualifying is the weakness these days. Getting the tyre in the right window.
They go well in the race. The car still lacks efficiency. Or it may well be the deployment that is not as good as the ferraris that gives the impression the car isnt good on the straights.
For Sure!!

organic

Hamilton's bad run of qualifying form comes at a bad time with Singapore next.

I don't see the car as a weak quali car as George is showing what it can do. And Lewis was before the break too. It's a matter of the drivers both executing and the pitwall putting them in the best position to do so - something at which the strategists fail more than any other team.

The car is still strong in slow speed and I think the old Singapore layout could've been great. Still will be strong result I think

PlatinumZealot

I wouldn't say it is a bad run. He had pole position three races ago. He's also a beast in Singapore. I would day sare he will be a contender for pole position in Sinagpore if he can nail the setup.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028